1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mes3pippo. Show mes3pippo's posts

Re: Love Letters Off Topic Land Day 2

RECOMMEND +

In Response to Re: Love Letters Off Topic Land Day 2:
    I like to make everyone happy:
    Posted by ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins73. Show Bruins73's posts

SM - I highly doubt that. Not many of you LL'ers have my cell# and the ladies here are much too classy to do something like that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

Wait!
    So it's bad to send nudies on your cellular mobile device?
    D'oh!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins73. Show Bruins73's posts

IDMWIT - HAHAHAHAHA Best pic ever!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mes3pippo. Show mes3pippo's posts

SM - I highly doubt that. Not many of you LL'ers have my cell# and the ladies here are much too classy to do something like that.
    Posted by Bruins73

I know where we can get your number.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from McBostonrob. Show McBostonrob's posts

McBostonRob:  I've always kinda liked you and supported you and heck, I recommend most of your posts because I like what you have to say.  But you did bash this board today with the "them" post.  People just need to move on.  You may say "lighten up" here but it adds to the drama on that blog.  Which people need to move past. More importantly, how do you feel about Dwight Evans?
    Posted by Lily87

Yes Lily, you're right.  This board doesn't need more drama right now, and my post was guilty of that.  But why are people still bothering jazzy? 

I was always a huge Dewey fan.  It was a sin that he had to play his final year in Baltimore.  He was so beloved around here that most people don't realize he was only like a .270 caree hitter.  But he seemed to come up big a lot when we needed him to, and of course he played that right field as good as anybody.  And he had a cannon.  So although I doubt he'll ever make it to the hall of fame, I'm certain that he's better than some of the guys who are in there. 

Interesting thing I've been told about Dewey and Jim Ed.  (And I feel guilty for sharing this since I don't have any first hand experience, but it comes from somebody who used to work at Fenway).  The public perception of these two guy's persona's was completely wrong.  Rice was perceived as a jerk because he didn't like the media, but from what I've heard, he's a wonderful, nice man.  Dewey, on the other hand, knew how to deal with the media, so he was percieved as a nice guy.  But from what I've heard, he was not. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins73. Show Bruins73's posts

Pip - Oh crap I know where you are talking about. The Pub Crawl page?

Well it is there. .......

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from McFriendZone. Show McFriendZone's posts

Such is life Diamond, too bad our paths didn't cross 10 years ago, you could have had one of the autographed baseballs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

In fact, McFZ - I have a Johnny Pesky story.  I was at an event where some former players (including Oil Can Boyd, whom I loved as child, and who still looks like some sort of crazy Miami pirate) were signing autographs.  Johnny Pesky was there, in full uniform, wandering around saying hi to people.  It was 2005, and the guys all had their rings.  Johnny's ring was almost as big as his hand.

Anyway, a friend and I asked him if we could see his ring.  He let my friend wear it, and I got to touch the 2004.  It was so cool.  Someone asked if we wanted a picture, and Johnny grabs each of our butts, hauls us in to him, and says 'Look!  I've got two of them!'  Whoa!  He is a STRONG tiny man!

Then (when the blushing died down) I let him know that my dad had told him if I saw Johnny Pesky, I should let him know Dad was a big fan when he was a kid.  Pesky was visibly touched.  He said 'Wow - I was on a team with a lot of great guys, you know - people usually ask me what it was like to play with Ted Williams.  They don't say they were fans of mine.'  And he pulled a grass-stained ball out of his back pocket, and signed it 'To Chris - All my best, Johnny Pesky #6'

My father worships that ball.  He has it encased in a glass case in his game room.

The moral of the story - it is totally worth getting groped by a sports star if it makes two sweet old men very happy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mes3pippo. Show mes3pippo's posts

Pip - Oh crap I know where you are talking about. The Pub Crawl page? Well it is there. .......
    Posted by Bruins73

No Bruins, I meant the tattoo I got across my azz.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Michelle-. Show Michelle-'s posts

i'm outta here for the day folks.

Bruins, Email me about softball!

Have a great weekend everyone! :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins73. Show Bruins73's posts

pip - send the pic

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

Agreed - have a great weekend, everyone!
    Gonna go get some work done.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mes3pippo. Show mes3pippo's posts

pip - send the pic
    Posted by Bruins73

Are you going to tell me it's "yummie"?

Self shooting = yuck

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItalianIce84. Show ItalianIce84's posts

'Sup, kiddos?

Happy Friday!

Bruins, how you doin?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins73. Show Bruins73's posts

pip - No you have tought me well oh wise one. I will never respond yummie.

How about HOT!!!! or I wanna be on you?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItalianIce84. Show ItalianIce84's posts

why is everyone jumping ship at 11:22 AM?????

Bruins, I think Jeeps is having a rough morning-- you better get to work under there...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

Oh Michelle, my day just went from a 7 to a 9. That's fantastic. You went old school, too. I can just hear "I Want You Back"...Yes, LL'ers, go ahead. Laugh.
    Posted by sm1231

You crack me up, sm.  :-)  Boy bands were after my era, so I never got all squiggly about them.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from McFriendZone. Show McFriendZone's posts

If anyone hears from Jeeps, tell her that Pearl Jam tickets are still available on ticketmaster for the 5/17 show at the Garden

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins73. Show Bruins73's posts

Icy - I am well how are you?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mes3pippo. Show mes3pippo's posts

I wanna be on you is acceptable.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins73. Show Bruins73's posts

Icy - where is Jeeps? She hasn't been on here.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sm1231. Show sm1231's posts

I think that the appropriate response to a dirty pic has to be something equally dirty. You can't be like, oh, that's hot, thank you. It's insulting.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mes3pippo. Show mes3pippo's posts

McBostonRob:  As for your Dewey comment - OK I still totally adore him but in Toronto I did see him do something I wish I hadn't seen.  I was so saddened I can't even write it out on a public message board. And I watched Johny Damon, while still married to his first wife, hang out with some blonde buxom woman all weekend who wasn't the wife.  I think it might have been the girl he ended up marrying.  She was charging drinks to his room. I will never date a baseball player.  Of course at my age, not really an option any way.
    Posted by Lily87

I would date and/or marry for money. That is correct.

This could be the deciding factor between squishy #1 and squishy #2.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins73. Show Bruins73's posts

Lilly - can you e-mail it? Dewey is my hero and now I want to know what he did that was so bad?