Love Letters Off Topic Land Day 2

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Twinster. Show Twinster's posts

Re: Love Letters Off Topic Land Day 2

My darlings,

Umm ... I HATE this! I skipped right to the end page just now and see little threads of hope that we get to go back home today? Maybe? This shangri-la just isn't doing it for me. 

I must say ... I (sort of - don't hit me!) like that all the posts are on topic right now. But I miss you guys more than I like the on-topicness, maybe we can just do a massive take-over every afternoon? Or something that makes everyone happy? 

And I have to say - I'm sorry if my rant on Tuesday morning started all this! I know that's what set off the RedHeadedWingNut, I tend to get a little carried away ... 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins73. Show Bruins73's posts

Pip - stop lying. You are not from Quincy. I don't by it for one second.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItalianIce84. Show ItalianIce84's posts

I officially have the best boss. Ever. He told me to go home at 2:30ish today if I have all my work done because it's nice out...

gonna finish up some stuff, then will likely be chatting with you lovely people from my deck with a cocktail in hand-- hopefully back on the LL board...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from anecdotal-evidence. Show anecdotal-evidence's posts

In Response to Re: Love Letters Off Topic Land Day 2:
    So I found out yesterday that Fella #2 is like super smart. He has a PhD, and all that jazz... studied in several different countries. Is it normal for me to be intimidated? Also should I give these boys names or is #1 and #2 ok?
    Posted by mes3pippo

It's normal to be intimidated, but high IQ guys need high EQ gals. Trust me on this one.

And #1 and #2 ... sounds like potty talk. How about "SmartyQ" and "HottyQ"?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins73. Show Bruins73's posts

bye icy!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mes3pippo. Show mes3pippo's posts

Bruins, I wouldn't be caught dead in Quincy...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins73. Show Bruins73's posts

Pip - well that's a little harsh. I recant my "I wanna be on you". It might not be the best place in the world but it aint the worst. And it's my home town,

So pppppfffffffffft to you.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mes3pippo. Show mes3pippo's posts

In Response to Re: Love Letters Off Topic Land Day 2 : It's normal to be intimidated, but high IQ guys need high EQ gals. Trust me on this one. And #1 and #2 ... sounds like potty talk. How about "SmartyQ" and "HottyQ"?
    Posted by anecdotal-evidence

Hahaha to potty talk.

In any case, SmartyQ is not available for a while and when he is HottyQ will probably be here. I already devote most of my time to my personal trainer.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

My darlings, Umm ... I HATE this! I skipped right to the end page just now and see little threads of hope that we get to go back home today? Maybe? This shangri-la just isn't doing it for me.  I must say ... I (sort of - don't hit me!) like that all the posts are on topic right now. But I miss you guys more than I like the on-topicness, maybe we can just do a massive take-over every afternoon? Or something that makes everyone happy?  And I have to say - I'm sorry if my rant on Tuesday morning started all this! I know that's what set off the RedHeadedWingNut, I tend to get a little carried away ...   
    Posted by Twinster

Twinny I don't think your rant started it.  KIO and others have had it out for many of us for awhile - and sean2009 continues it.  Sorry - no one can convince me that KIO and several others who rant about the OT weren't signing out, clearing cache, and re-recommending RedHeaded's post as well as KIO's.

Jazzy has obviously continued to catch shite from some people, even on her off-BDC blog and in her personal Email listed at that blog; not sure from whom.  She was on the earlier OT thread here on the forum earlier this week; cat pictures were posted by those of us that had them, including Sally, me and Jazzy (and I think one or two others?).  I *thought* things were settling down.  I guess not, unfortunately.

But I'm truly hoping that we go back to the LL blog, and talk about whatever the hell we WANT, later this afternoon.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Oooh, I like SmartyQ and HottieQ.

Can we make up names for all of our entanglements?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mes3pippo. Show mes3pippo's posts

Pip - well that's a little harsh. I recant my "I wanna be on you". It might not be the best place in the world but it aint the worst. And it's my home town, So pppppfffffffffft to you.
    Posted by Bruins73

I'm joshin' ya bro. I used to work there, and I like it there. I've never considered moving there.

I hail from the Greater Boston Area.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sm1231. Show sm1231's posts

What's wrong with the Q??????

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

OH NOES, Pip - no you di'n't diss Quincy!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

I officially have the best boss. Ever. He told me to go home at 2:30ish today if I have all my work done because it's nice out... gonna finish up some stuff, then will likely be chatting with you lovely people from my deck with a cocktail in hand-- hopefully back on the LL board...
    Posted by ItalianIce84

LUCKY you, Icy!  Have a cocktail for all of us.  (Those will be some interesting posts after that :::grin:::)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mes3pippo. Show mes3pippo's posts

What's this with Jeeps? I am not a fan of abandonment.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mes3pippo. Show mes3pippo's posts

What's wrong with the Q??????
    Posted by sm1231

Nothing. I like it there. I have fond memories of the North Quincy T stop.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins73. Show Bruins73's posts

SM - diamond - Thanks for the Q back up.

Pip I will let it slide this once.

Of to lunch folks.

Talk to you later.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins73. Show Bruins73's posts

Hahahahaha I live right by the NQ stop.

ok really out. later.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

Still waiting on lunch to be delivered....boss decided Chinese for everyone.  I'm going with Chicken with Asparagus and Crab Rangoon.  Tongue out

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mes3pippo. Show mes3pippo's posts

Bruins, I'll meet you there, say 6pm?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dread27. Show Dread27's posts

Whenever I come across moral dilemmas I ask myself, "What would Captain America do?" Here I know what he would do.  If you're familiar with the recent Civil War story arc you know that Captain America stood his ground for what he believed in.  Eventually he realized that it wasn't worth his friends dying over and he turned himself in.

The point of it though is that he did what he believed was right.  I say what's on my mind almost 100% of the time.  If you do anything less then I don't think you're being honest with yourself.  I do not want to censor myself at all.  I also do not want to create a lot of drama for everyone.  Nor do I want to deal with the drama that plays out on LL on a daily basis.  I think Jeepers felt the same way and that's why she left.

Unfortunately, this is an emotional decision because we've made a lot of friends through LL.  It this was just a newspaper article it'd be easy to just stop reading.  LL is much more than that though.  Its grown into something great.  Now some people just want it to be a newspaper article.  And I do take some offense.  I feel like we've been branded and cast out because of this.

I don't want to play nice.  I'm going to stand for what I think is right, freedom of speech.  Yes, its wonderful that everything is on topic and its all about advice and what not again but we might as well start the book burnings now if this continues.  I'm not going to return to LL because its not LL anymore.

Down with Lobotomized Love Letters!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mes3pippo. Show mes3pippo's posts

Dread, we are returning to LL at 1, and I think that's where we will stay. Why don't you join us and just be yourself. Yourself isn't bad. I usually like what you have to say.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Twinster. Show Twinster's posts

OMG the fact that you guys are really talking about leaving LL, I could cry.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JazzyJtotheILL. Show JazzyJtotheILL's posts

I’ve been swamped at work, so haven’t had time to do a thorough analysis of the million threads everyone is on lol ..  But, thanks to those who have accepted my apology and those who have apologized back. I appreciate it more than you know. And for the record – I haven’t b*tched about OT since I joined in on the fun (for a day lol) like three weeks ago J So have at her wherever you go, but again thanks everyone. And BBB I’ve requested.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dread27. Show Dread27's posts

Dread, we are returning to LL at 1, and I think that's where we will stay. Why don't you join us and just be yourself. Yourself isn't bad. I usually like what you have to say.
    Posted by mes3pippo

Because then I'll get harped on by some 13 year old who just got some pubes and thinks he's a man now.

Sections
Shortcuts