LWhitt/Sally

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

Re: LWhitt/Sally

Jeeps, the snark comments I saw last week and earlier this week WERE brought up by you, PC and a few others.  This was several days after Sally left.   I don't have them at the ready (and I believe some were removed for continuing the nasty comments about Sally - again, being made several days after she had left), but there they were.  Practically every day.  I held my tongue until this afternoon.

The not-so-veiled comments between you and several others just seemed unnecessary...again, IMO.  It was continuing that kicking of a dog who was already down and out with which I took issue.  It seemed vindictive.  Perhaps that's not the intent in which they were made, but it most certainly seemed that way.  And the comments made are belittling.

I will repeat - I'm *not* defending Sally, as I don't know what she said or did to you or others.   However, that seems to have been shared between several of you who are obviously "in the know"...either in person or in your special FB LL group or via texts.  So your knowledge *is* different from mine, yes, I will grant you that.  However, that's not what I was bringing up when I spoke up on the blog.

Dropping it - or ignoring anyone else who brought it up - would have been the most appropriate thing to do.  But all I kept seeing dropped in slyly here or there were continual digs at Sally, including some by you. 

All I have been saying - and all I will ever say about the issue - is that the comments that continue to poke at her are unfair when she's not here to defend herself - right or wrong in whatever she did.  I'm not talking about what she did THEN; I'm talking about what I see on the LL blog NOW.  That's IT. 

It's like my mother used to say - just because someone jumps off a bridge into a river that's only a foot deep doesn't mean everyone has to do it, right?  The sometimes nasty comments I've seen in the past week are no better than what Sally used to say/do.  And please note I'm not saying they're worse; I'm just saying they're no better.  Because they just continue the nastiness.

I've had my say; you've had yours.  I'm done with it.  I just hope the comments that continue to bash someone who's not here to respond are also done.  And if you choose to ignore me because I had an opinion that differs from yours, that's your prerogative.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Deleted.

You don't need my drama.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PowerCord. Show PowerCord's posts

For the record, I have never said anything nasty about Sally. 
    She is the one who engages in the snarky comments, silly games, sock puppets, etc.  The rest of us just play along.
    If she can dish it out, she can certainly take it, whether she chooses to comment on LL or not.  Her choice.

LWitt, please don't accuse anyone of "kicking her when she's down".  She is not down nor is she out.  She is a character on an internet blog.  If you have such loyalty to her and are disturbed by the behaviour of those of us who remain here and continue to enjoy the blog and each other's comments and jokes, then I'm sorry.

And please stop blaming Jeepers.  She had nothing to do with Sally's departure and was not the one who brought her up yesterday.  That was the Mod.

One last comment on this subject and then I am not saying another word about it.
    Why Sally?  Why are you not upset about the dozens of other characters that have come and gone on the blog over time?  Sure she's funny and entertaining, but I value everyone who contributes to the blog and acknowledge that regularly if and when they do reappear after long absences.  I don't dislike anyone here.  Even Sally.  But, I don't like when someone acts like a bully and tries to force the rest of us into a conversation or subject that they happen to think is important at the expense of the LW and entertaining tone of the blog. That amounts to what I consider troll behavior. That's what Sally did last week and that's why some of us called her out.  If her feelings were hurt by that, then I think she has bigger issues that go beyond a simple internet forum.
    Please try to remember.  This is not real life.  This is a distraction and an escape from the every day crap we deal with at work all day.  Let's stop taking it so seriously, OK?

And one more thing real quick....why is it that when Sally picks on someone, it's considered 'snarky', but when someone picks on Sally, it's considered nasty?
    I don't get that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

PC, I know what I read in the past few days.  If you don't want to term it as "kicking someone who can't respond because they're no longer on the blog", so be it.  I have absolutely no loyalty to Sally, and for you to assume so is quite ridiculous.  NOR am I blaming Jeeps.  It was her post to which I responded yesterday on the blog.  Plain and simple.  IMO, it was uncalled for, as were the other earlier digs after Sally left.

But calling Sally out when she was on the blog and able to respond is one thing; taking continual digs after she's gone is quite another.  You could have reported her posts; have the Mods terminate her account if she was trolling so much.

I will repeat - I'm not talking about what Sally did or said in the past; I'm talking about what I've read in the past few days.  What purpose does it serve to continue to ridicule her?

RDG, thanks for your insight.  I did read your comments last night.  It revealed a lot; much appreciated. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

You know what Jeeps?  I'm not calling you out, nor am I defensive NOR am I defending Sally.  I'm saying what I feel.  Plain and simple. 

As I said above - I responded to YOUR post yesterday, because I was tired of reading the not-so-veiled digs.  Yours was the last post I read before responding.  I'm not talking about the way Sally *was* - although you keep going back to that.  I'm talking about what I was reading over the past few days.  It seemed to serve no purpose.

But do whatever you want.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PowerCord. Show PowerCord's posts

LWitt, I disagree completely. I don't think Sally is defenseless.  She chose to leave the blog on her own.  No one has forced her to leave or is preventing her from reading, commenting or responding to anything that may have been said.
    And no one is going to force me to not read or respond or comment as I wish.
    If I say something that is deemed inappropriate by the Moderator and he removes it, I don't have a problem with that.  What I do have a problem with is someone who not too long ago complained endlessly about KnockItOff constantly flagging posts for removal, doing the same thing to other people.  That is considered bullying and is typical troll behavior.
    Are you defending her right to do that?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PowerCord. Show PowerCord's posts

OK?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Just by way of warning, KIO is trolling other forums these days. I can't believe he hasn't received a permaban.

LWhitt - You're welcome.

Jeeps; L; PC - I'm OK too. No more from me on the subject. :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

agree to disagree, either way she has chosen to leave and hopefully this can be put to rest.
    and if sally comes back, i hope she chooses a  kinder, less snarky, non-hijacky "character".

just saying

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

I think snark is like satire or free speech or anything else that lives on the edge of acceptability - by its very nature, it is sometimes going to rub people a very wrong way.  I think the clever snark is thought-provoking and funny enough to justify glossing over the occasional hurtful snark.

I like the snark, as long as the snarkers keep in mind that some posters are sharing very personal stories to help the LWs, and the sensitive posters keep in mind that the snark is not aimed at them as people.

We actually do Really Well, considering the opinionated, outspoken people on this board.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PowerCord. Show PowerCord's posts

I love the snark, as long as it's not just OK for one person to use it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Agree.

19. This post has been removed.