Motivation to do stuff....

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from softpatina. Show softpatina's posts

Re: Motivation to do stuff....

Okay, so you're an emotional eater. In times of stress, bad food comforts you.
    You also didn't go into this on your own, but went along with the group.

None of this is bad, it's just how it is. Nobody wants to be fat. How badly, really, do you want to lose the weight? Can you honestly say you've hit that wall where you'll do what ever it takes to change your eating habits?

If you aren't there, that's not bad either. You're not lazy or unmotivated. It's just not the biggest priority in your life. Sure, you're unhappy with the weight gain and want to feel better about yourself. But I think paying a coworker is just a temporary fix and you'd be better served to put your efforts into long-term changes.

Start with keeping a food journal, writing down everything you eat and the circumstances under which you eat. Pay attention to how your body feels when you eat. Are you eating to the point of feeling stuffed or do you stop when satisfied but not full?

There are limitless strategies that do work, but I think that the real freedom from the food struggle comes with an awareness of the impulsive behavior and recognizing that food is first and foremost fuel, not entertainment.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bzorn22. Show bzorn22's posts

Mr. Corvin, Your troubles might stem from being a Mets fan. That can drive you to a double cheeseburger extra sauce in a heartbeat.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCorvin. Show MrCorvin's posts

softpatina:
    I keep a food journal. In fact, I take pictures of all the food I'm eaiting. When I eat I eat to the point of feeling satisfied. I even post them to the interwebs (when I remember to make the post) along with anything I might forget to post.

bzorn22:
    Sadly the Mets do not drive me to burgers. They drive me to tears.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

MrCorvin, I hear ya on those Mets! 

Sunday's Daily News had a piece on "well, at least they're not the worst they've ever been"  which really isn't any comfort at-tall.  :P

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bzorn22. Show bzorn22's posts

In Response to Re: Motivation to do stuff....:
    MrCorvin, I hear ya on those Mets!  Sunday's Daily News had a piece on "well, at least they're not the worst they've ever been"  which really isn't any comfort at-tall.  :P
    Posted by EnjoyEverySandwich

Particularly because there was 1962. Bad ownership is the worst. There is no getting over it until they go.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I am intrigued by the "I gave money to a person on the team to bring in healthy, but filling, meals" Is this person cooking food for you, or buying it prepared somewhere?  Either way, I would think they could teach you how to do what they are doing for you.
    Posted by cb156

This could apply to anyone who is successful with NutriSystem.  It's not hard to prepare healthy, calorie controlled meals, but if cooking and calorie counting isn't appealing, having someone do it for you might be what one needs.

I do exactly that for my husband who asked me to help him lose weight when we got married 3 years ago.  I told him all he'd have to do is eat only what I give him which he says is delicious and satisfying.  He's lost 30 lbs and only has 10 left to go to reach his goal.  As a bachelor responsible for his own meals he was gaining 2 or 3 lbs a year.  Not terrible, but it added up.  Sure, he was capable of doing what I'm doing for him himself - the infomration on nutrition, calories, and cooking is out there. But, capable isn't always enough.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCorvin. Show MrCorvin's posts

In Response to Re: Motivation to do stuff.... : Particularly because there was 1962. Bad ownership is the worst. There is no getting over it until they go.
    Posted by bzorn22

See, the sad thing is I don't think that new ownership will fix the Mets. Many people that post on the website where I do the blogging think that new ownership will mean that we will be in the hunt for top notch free agents. I'm the only one that says "Yeah and just our luck we will get an owner that just wants a team to go "i have a major league baseball team but i'm not going to invest money in it."

I think that things will clear up once the whole Madoff thing is finished. The Ownership should just settle for half and start working on running the team again.

Granted if I hit the powerball lottery I'll be taking a flight to flushings and say "I have 100 million dollars...."

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCorvin. Show MrCorvin's posts

I am intrigued by the "I gave money to a person on the team to bring in healthy, but filling, meals" Is this person cooking food for you, or buying it prepared somewhere?  Either way, I would think they could teach you how to do what they are doing for you.
    Posted by cb156

I had missed this comment.

The person was doing both because at Lunchtime, I can not be trusted. I go downstairs to the cafeteria and then smell fries and I'm like "BURGER FRIES NOMNOMNOM."

I want to reinterate something though.

His providing meals for me for lunch is not a long term thing. It's mostly something to force my body, mindset to be able to go back to other healthier options, and keeps me in a pattern for when I'm not at work to eat healthier options. It's more of a kick start thing then a long term thing.

Hopefully next busy season, I'll be doing my current job (or something completely different in another department), instead of my old job (which I wind up doing to help save that department). If that is the case it should be smooth sailing.

10. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts