My Very Own Caption Thread

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

Re: My Very Own Caption Thread

AcheNot is a class act.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

moosedodger:

I will neither confirm nor deny having a mancrush, but I do recognize handsome when I see it, and Johnnie Martinelli from Quincy is f****** handsome

Why? Are you trying to say he isnt??

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Thank you, Robin

The feeling is mutual

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

I never use the apostrophe unless I absolutely have to, like for instance, for the contraction of "we are" (we're). The apostrophe is necessary to avoid confusion with the past tense of "are" (were)

Other than that though I couldnt be bothered with it. I'm way too busy to worry over that foolish little doodle...

PS Thank you for acknowledging Johhnie's super good looks

How many girlfriend's do you suppose he has? I'm guessing several dozen

ETA: I also use the apostrophe to show possession (Johnnie's super good looks, for example)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from McBostonrob. Show McBostonrob's posts

http://www.boston.com/Boston/metrodesk/2012/03/coyote-makes-tour-downtown-boston-captured-animal-rescue-league/E5uSMuXgEtERNrs1uO9piO/index.html?comments=all#readerComm There is some pretty hilarious material on the comment thread of the coyote story - stuff about deportation and parking tickets - pure commedic gold. Johnnie, get in there and show them how it's done!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from McBostonrob. Show McBostonrob's posts

mickylitstein wrote: That looks like it could be Newbury St or Boyalston? If so he was probably heading to Abe and Louis or Capital Grill for a steak or two, until he saw the prices? That might explain the look on his face? BRILLIANT! Mickey is the new Johnnie!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rupert Pupkin .. Show Rupert Pupkin .'s posts

mcbc1984 wrote:
    Before he left the city did he get any fines or parking tickets? If not that would be unusual.
    3/23/2012 8:03 PM EDT
    Recommend (10)

tb122011 wrote:
    Obama said if he had a coyote it would look just like him.
    3/23/2012 8:09 PM EDT
    Recommend (13)
    --------------------------------------------------

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!  Terrific, that's terrific!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ImConfused?. Show ImConfused?'s posts

He suspected that the animal most likely was able to enter the city by following train tracks, but couldn’t find its way back. He said this happens a few times a year and that coyotes are much easier to catch than deer. ....... Oh ok. Good thing this coyote isn't a dear

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

I caught a coyote once. 

I was working for the Animal Rescue League years ago and we got a call for a "dog hit by a car"  in the South End. So I drove out in the van to go pick it up, and its cowering in someone's front steps.  I was looking at it, thinking... "This isn't just a dog."  The cops showed up shortly after me, and h wouldn't even go near it.  But here I am a 20-something gal, and all I have is a rabies pole (like what they used on Walking Dead to put the zombies in the barn), and I have to wrestle this damn coyote by myself while the cop watches. Jerk.  
    So, somehow I throw the noose over the coyote's head and wrestle the thing into the back of the van.  And then I brought it out to Tufts vet hospital.  By the time I got back into Boston, it was all over the news.  I was even on tv :)  

That was my 15 minutes.  

True story.  

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Johnnie Martinelli from Quincy. Show Johnnie Martinelli from Quincy's posts

Well I see that everything is back to normal at the Globe. When they first started this contest it seemed like every other winning caption was Mitt Romney's hair, Mitt Romney's dog, Mitt Romney moving around, Mitt Romney's sick wife - all Mitt Romney!!! This week they went away from the guy who made this contest what it is and picked a Romney caption:

Now, where is Mitt's pet dog? Oh there he is! How did he end up on the top sail? 
    James Spencer, Ypsilanti, Mich.

Of course it's some guy from Michigan cuz that's where Mitt's really from!!!

And they even only printed one of mine, and nowhere near the best one. I sent them this one to be silly, my other stuff was great:

Noah's Ahk. 
    Johnnie Martinelli, Quincy

I mean, still pretty good but not what people think of when they think of Johnnie!!!

And look at this week's cartoon! Globe, what are you doing!!???!!!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rupert Pupkin .. Show Rupert Pupkin .'s posts

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! Terrific, that's terrific!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ImConfused?. Show ImConfused?'s posts

ConsiZOOtoin would have won. I should have entered

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rupert Pupkin .. Show Rupert Pupkin .'s posts

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ImConfused?. Show ImConfused?'s posts

The non socks don't have ears. Why are they at the ear doctor

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Judge Number 1: Hmmm. That Johnnie Martinelli guy from Quincy submitted the best caption yet again this week.
    Judge Number 2: Yeah, I know. Tenth week in a row. What are we gonna do about it?
    Judge Number 1: Same as always...declare someone else the winner and screw Johnnie out of the prize
    Judge Number 2: Oh, good. For a second there I thought we were gonna do the right thing for a change and let Johnnie win
    Judge Number 1: Well, we could do that, I suppose, but it's more fun stiffin' him again, dont you think?
    Judge Number 2: Oh, I love stiffin' Johnnie!
    Judge Number 1: Yeah, it's great, isnt it?
    Judge Number 2: Totally!
    Judge Number 1" hahaha
    Judge Number 2: hahaha
    Judge Number 1: HAHAHA
    Judge Number 2: HAHAHA
    Judge Number 1: HAHAHAHAHAHA!!
    Judge Number 2: HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Sections
Shortcuts