Page on one poll

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from The Archangel Michael. Show The Archangel Michael's posts

Re: Page on one poll

McRob doesn't hate us?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from porkshop-a-go-go. Show porkshop-a-go-go's posts

They LOVE bad jokes.  That's my draw.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kahlanamnell. Show kahlanamnell's posts

I know this has mostly drifted away from the original topic, but I just wanted to give my two cents regarding the wording of the original poll question... I see a lot of people saying it was slanted, but in my opinion, if it was slanted, it was slanted in favor of the pro-off topic position. 

The anti-OT question asks if you think OT stuff should be moved to the forums and if it makes LL unreadable once it begins.

The pro-OT question asks if you think LL should be about more than merely advice to the LWs.

If anything, I think it would be easier to support the second statement than the first. Or at the least, you might agree with both statements, that OT stuff should be in the forums but you also do think LL is about more than advice to the LWs, and unlike a straight survey, it would be possible to recommend both comments.

I also think that, as McRob mentioned, even if the higher number is articially raised, the low number obviously isn't artifically lowered, and so it is a fair assumption that most people do feel that LL should be about advice to the LWs, and not the other stuff.

Finally, I think that it's unfair to suggest that the same people who are upset about the OT situation are also poofing comments that they merely disagree with. I don't think there's any reason to assume that. I should think it's fairly obvious there a lot of competing interests on this blog.

Just my two cents.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from porkshop-a-go-go. Show porkshop-a-go-go's posts

"I don't think there's any reason to assume that."

You must be new here.  That's cute.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kahlanamnell. Show kahlanamnell's posts

Well, I guess we just disagree Lily. I just think that even if you think some of the OT stuff is gross, or unnecessary, you still might think some of it is good, or interesting and therefore would believe the second statement more than the first. Whereas for you to respond in the affirmative to the first, you have to think all OT stuff needs to go and that it goes so far as to make LL unreadable. I think that's a tougher standard to reach.

Of course I like pizza.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from porkshop-a-go-go. Show porkshop-a-go-go's posts

Hardcore Bunny

I love it.  I think I've really warmed up to QuetiePie

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from geoffmc4. Show geoffmc4's posts

The thing that is really annoying me now about all this is that after KJB went to the trouble of the poll in order to clean up the comments, S/He hasn't posted ANY advice for the LW yesterday or today. If you're going to get all ranty about how awful the comments are, you ought to at least make an effort to participate on a daily basis. If you're going to be an occasional, drive-by poster, why not just keep your yap shut?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from McBostonrob. Show McBostonrob's posts

Watch it, Rabbit.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from McBostonrob. Show McBostonrob's posts

I disagree, Geeoff.  I think you can make a legitimate complaint about the OT stuff from a reader's perspective.  If you like reading the "advice" given in the comments section, you should be allowed to do so without commenting yourself.  Whether or not somebody offers "advice" themselves has NO affect on the validity of the complaint about OT stuff. 

It's an annoying and ultimately ridiculous argument - don't like our off topic stuff, then you give some good advice.  NO, I JUST WANT TO READ RELEVANT COMMENTS! That would seem to me to be a fair response. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

I really can't stand the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from porkshop-a-go-go. Show porkshop-a-go-go's posts

Lily, you are totally redeemable.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from geoffmc4. Show geoffmc4's posts

In Response to Re: Page on one poll:
    [QUOTE]Oh Geoff you are so naive.  Her intent wasn't to actually improve the blog otherwise she'd participate more. Her intent was to stir up trouble. You're so cute. 
    Posted by Lily-[/QUOTE]

Oh, no, I understand that completely, Lily. It just confirms it even more. KJB is clearly not even that good at stirring the pot. Someone with skill would participate more to maintain the illusion.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJBeals. Show KJBeals's posts

As for the poll. I attempted to word it as fairly as possible. I only rec'd it once. As the mod if he can see who recs the posts. I did not cheat on it in any way at all. All those recs are legit. Thanks for the post Kah. I appreciate someone else speaking up. I'm sure they will just claim you are me though. I haven't read LL in the last couple days. If posts are being deleted it has nothing to do with me.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from The Archangel Michael. Show The Archangel Michael's posts

http://www.wordstream.com/blog/ws/2012/02/14/user-engagement-love-letters

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from geoffmc4. Show geoffmc4's posts

In Response to Re: Page on one poll:
    [QUOTE]I disagree, Geeoff.  I think you can make a legitimate complaint about the OT stuff from a reader's perspective.  If you like reading the "advice" given in the comments section, you should be allowed to do so without commenting yourself.  Whether or not somebody offers "advice" themselves has NO affect on the validity of the complaint about OT stuff.  It's an annoying and ultimately ridiculous argument - don't like our off topic stuff, then you give some good advice.  NO, I JUST WANT TO READ RELEVANT COMMENTS! That would seem to me to be a fair response. 
    Posted by McBostonrob[/QUOTE]

I see your point. I would think that a regular reader would quickly be able to follow the comment narrative to discern when the comments moved to the OT stuff, and I don't know, stop reading them.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from justcat. Show justcat's posts

Why engage with this tool?  S/he clearly just wants the last word.  Sheesh!  There is an ignore button on the forums - I suggest we all use it.  Then S/he talks to his/herself.

25. This post has been removed.