Page on one poll

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ImConfused?. Show ImConfused?'s posts

Re: Page on one poll

Wait, am I supposed to know who QP is?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJBeals. Show KJBeals's posts

I'm still here, just was busy all day. I'm not going anywhere.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from porkshop-a-go-go. Show porkshop-a-go-go's posts

Well, yes.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from porkshop-a-go-go. Show porkshop-a-go-go's posts

Nah.   I do plenty of contrary-ing with my regular name.

Nobody contraries like the Blog Contrarian(s).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ygren. Show ygren's posts

In Response to Re: Page on one poll:
    We need to send out more gift baskets. Or Edible Arrangements. Nothing says, "I'm so glad you're here to post on Love Letters" more than melons dipped in chocolate.
    Posted by Sally-

I don't know.  I thought the community was happy with its "If you don't want to wear your rhinoceros hide, don't play today" persona.

Or on the more warm fuzzy days. 'Hmmm ... newbie said something interesting, let's see if s/he has more."

Nothing  wrong with that. I've never hosted or posted to a blog that went all gooey when someone new joined in. In pretty much all of them you have had to earn your cred.

But if we're talking melons and chocolates .. I guess it depends on the melons.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ygren. Show ygren's posts

Ygren, the original was not about welcoming people into the community. It was about curbing chatter that had little or nothing to do with the daily letter.
    Posted by Sally-

Ah, well then I say suck it up.

Some days the OT makes my teeth itch. Some days it makes the day liveable.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ygren. Show ygren's posts

/>>> I find that logic inherently flawed. The LL community is not allowed to self-police, and attemps at directly addressing people who come by to drop garbage bombs are routinely the source of nukes/poofs.  That, and the mods use nukes/poofs as a lazy cudgel to avoid actually reading the thing.  So the number of missing posts/killed accounts is hardly an indictment of the LL community's ability to handle itself, it's more of a reflection of the childlike manner in which community members are treated by skittish masters.
    Posted by Tommy Carcetti

I don't see it as an indictment.

And you rather made my point. Whether by whimsy, by pettiness, or by ineptitude we don't self-police.

And I would say a good deal of the gaps are the result of someone getting their knickers in a twist and going to the mods who - as you point out - act without actually moderating.

And I think some get nuked by pulling an Archie on purpose.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from porkshop-a-go-go. Show porkshop-a-go-go's posts

Honeydew is the money melon.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ImConfused?. Show ImConfused?'s posts

I absolutely HATE melons...with or without chocolate

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

I beat Dimmeh at the post count.  Just sayin.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Wait, sorry, that was totally off off off topic.

Did Beals get nuked?  Did Lilly-Lo delete like all the posts?  A large portion of this thread made no sense when I tried to catch up.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

I like Greece, it's pretty.  Done.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts