Page on one poll

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pennysmom53. Show pennysmom53's posts

Re: Page on one poll

I agree with many of the comments.  I do enjoy the banter, as long as it's good natured and not mean and consists of personal attacks.

Some of the letters are not, well, conducive to waiting until 1pm for OT.  There also seems to be a disconnect between "giving advice" and "validation".  Advice is sometimes hard to take--and some of the LW's appear to need some tough love.  When someone writes in with what, to the readers, seems to be in a abusive situation/dead end relationship, etc. the lovelies tell the reader, some more forcefully than others.  But, there have been LW updates that are pushing back at the advice and in tone seem just to want a stamp of approval that they are staying in that relationship, situation, etc. 

I think some of the sock puppets are funny.  But others are just creepy, and try to incite feedback that leads to  hostility and meanness.

A wise person in my life once told me to "pick your own battles".  Sometimes, all it takes is for a poster to ignore the attacker, and the attacker will disappear.  Sometimes it takes reporting--and no one should be afraid of reporting abuse if it is valid and not just a hissy fit.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from porkshop-a-go-go. Show porkshop-a-go-go's posts

BDCMod1 wrote: You really should take what your fellow commenters say on this with a big dose of salt 

How unbelievably condescending. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

Well at the very least we should all just ignore KJB until it goes away.

I'll start now.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from porkshop-a-go-go. Show porkshop-a-go-go's posts

I have to add that the only reason *DING* became a "thing" with any significance at all is because the mere mention of the word earned a poofing and a nuking.

So yes, it was funny, and nobody else cared except, well, apparently you.

But it's okay for a creepy poster to stalk personal FB pages and talk isht about someone's spouse, giving specific details about real-life, non-LL-related items?  They don't get nuked?

You know what the perception is.  Don't be coy.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bzorn22. Show bzorn22's posts

I am sorry I engaged KJB today. That certainly didn't help things. It won't happen again.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from porkshop-a-go-go. Show porkshop-a-go-go's posts

Uh, Zeppy, don't you know the rules?

I'm uncomfortable, so I demand that you change.

It's why relationships are so successful.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from porkshop-a-go-go. Show porkshop-a-go-go's posts

BYE SALLY!!!!!!!!!

EDIT:  Hi Sally.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts