Post stories about your screen name here

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from naturalginger. Show naturalginger's posts

Re: Post stories about your screen name here

Ok, I'll play.  I mean, it's pretty self explanatory isn't it? Although I used to HATE being a "redhead" and "ginger" and being told "you have no soul".  I know most is meant in fun, but it gets to you after a while.

About 2 years ago, after a friend told me that tampering with my strawberry color was "like slapping god in the FACE!" I stopped wishing my hair blone or brunette, stopped sporadically attempting to change it after 11pm CVS impulsive buys, and embraced being a natural ginger. It's now the primary source of any compliment people pay me.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I like threads like this.

Jessey Eric is taken from my favorite fictional and non-fictional characters:

Jessey (Jessey James)

Eric Draven (The Crow)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e. Show 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e's posts

Vermonters are possibly the most opinionated people in the world. I'm no exception.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

My screen name is sort of self-explanatory I suppose ;)

Before the current commenting format I was posting under a different name, that I thought was fitting for a love advice blog, but when they switched over to the user login system I decided to come up with something generic that could be used on the whole site.  So, after some thought I came up with TwoCentDonation.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

It took till now for me to realize this thread had been set up.  Thanks!

In 2003, David Letterman devoted an entire Late Show to a single guest, Warren Zevon.  Zevon was fighting lung cancer at the time, ultimately unsuccessfully, unfortunately.

Letterman asked him what was the most important thing he'd learned from his situation.  Zevon's answer:  "Enjoy every sandwich."  Which he meant both literally and figuratively:  Savor every moment.

I was not even that much of a Warren Zevon fan before that point, but became one after watching that show (and after watching a documentary that followed him making his last album).   His attitude about facing cancer mirrors my own philosophy, but unfortunately (for me) was the opposite of the attitude of a close family member in the same situation.  So that is probably why it's stuck with me so much.

Also, what a clever reply in general -- "Enjoy every sandwich" says so much in only 3 words.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GaiusJuliusCaesarAugustusGermani. Show GaiusJuliusCaesarAugustusGermani's posts

My screen name? Caligula is my name. I'm a highly misunderstood demi-god. I love the great outdoors, children, women, men, animals, foreign objects, and yes sock puppets. Though after my last few experiences with that latter I've developed a skin rash.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LifeLessonsLearned. Show LifeLessonsLearned's posts

Mine also is sorta self-explanatory. Life has taught me a lot of lessons - some gently, but there are numerous lessons I learned the hard way. When I was a lurker, what struck me was the number of LWs struggling to learn from some of the mistakes I'd already made in life. I wanted to encourage them to learn from what was going on. Thus I became a poster.

A few of the life lessons I have learned are:

1. Dating co-workers is a really bad idea. Made this mistake three -- yes three -- times before I learned my lesson.

2. Just like there's no such thing as "a little pregnant" there's no such thing as "sort of available." A guy is either available or he's not. Period.

3. Stay away from unavailable men.

4. Re: rule three, a guy on the rebound is not available. Just because he's no longer dating/living with/married to the other woman does NOT mean he's free of her yet. As long as the possibility exists he might go back, stay away.

5. I cannot control chemistry. But I don't have to act on it when attracted to someone who is bad for me or who is unavailable.

6. People can change, but certain types tend not to. Mama's boys don't grow up. Cheaters will cheat again. Creeps don't become nice guys.

7. I kissed a lot of toads before I found Prince Charming.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rintoo2. Show Rintoo2's posts

"But if you're going to call me Anne,would you please be sure to spell it with an 'e'?...Print out A-N-N, it looks absolutely dreadful, but Anne with an 'e' is quite distinguished. So, if you only call me Anne with an 'e', I'll try to reconcile myself to not being called Cordelia." ~Anne of Green Gables

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

First, I LOVE CHC's new avatar!

Second, I love all your stories, some are fun, others are poignant.

My nic. I think reindeer are the cutest. They are very gentle. The reindeer is my totem animal. I love the myth and magic associated with the northern kingdoms, regions also associated with reindeer.

I posted under Little Olwen years ago, in Confidential Chat when it was in its print version. If you Google "Olwen" you'll find out that, although human, she was also associated with cervidae.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

"stopped sporadically attempting to change it after 11pm CVS impulsive buys"

NatG, I have been there.  Only it usually involved Plum-colored Manic Panic.

My screenname is my birthstone.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Oh, and AnnE -   :) 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redwolf68. Show redwolf68's posts

DG, I've always associated your screen name with the song by Seals & Crofts.

The wolf is my totem animal; like NatG, my hair is strawberry blonde and has been so all my life (fortunately, no one has ever told me I have no soul, although admittedly, I'm not much of a dancer *g*).  And '68 is the year of my birth - no great mystery there.  It's also, admittedly, easier to pronounce than its Gaelic equivalent (Faol Ruadh - literally, "faol" means wolf, "ruadh"...you get the picture) or the Welsh magickal name I've used (Canu Bleidd, which means "Singing Wolf").

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kittencroissant. Show kittencroissant's posts

for will -  since you asked :D

not as good of a story as you might hope. I love cats, especially my kitty, and one day while he was curled up asleep I thought he looked a lot like a croissant.

I'm not an old crazy cat old maid lady, really... I'm 25 and engaged.

But at least I know who my friends will be when i'm older... <^;;^ />

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from two-sheds. Show two-sheds's posts

My nickname is from a Monty Python sketch. There's a composer Arthur "Two Sheds" Jackson, who is being interviewed. The composer wants to talk about his work, but all the interviewer wants to do is talk about his (pointless) nickname. Hilarity ensues.

I always have trouble picking nicknames, so I decided to pick someone else's. And, of course, I'm a fan of Monty Python.

EnjoyEverySandwich pointed out that "sheds" is British slang, and therefore the nickname sounds like I couldn't give two sheds.  I kinda like that explanation better.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kittencroissant. Show kittencroissant's posts

Ha, good to know two sheds. I had a friend that people called two sheds because -- he bragged that he had two sheds in his backyard. When I saw you posting before I was trying to find out if you were him, even though the posts would have been pretty shocking for his personality. But the monty python thing makes more sense, I'm thinking that my friends left me out on the nickname joke reference...

and im totally going to start saying how i don't give two sheds

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

"DG, I've always associated your screen name with the song by Seals & Crofts."

I've been hearing that comment for ten years, and still haven't heard more than a five second clip of the song.  People apparently quote it at me a lot, and are then confused when I have zero idea what they are talking about.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In Response to Re: Post stories about your screen name here:
    [QUOTE]"DG, I've always associated your screen name with the song by Seals & Crofts." I've been hearing that comment for ten years, and still haven't heard more than a five second clip of the song.  People apparently quote it at me a lot, and are then confused when I have zero idea what they are talking about.  
    Posted by diamondgirl[/QUOTE]
    I thought the diamond was a baseball diamond b/c you seem to be a Sox fan! 

...  so maybe you could have a double meaning to your name?  Smile

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Post stories about your screen name here : I thought the diamond was a baseball diamond b/c you seem to be a Sox fan!
    Posted by yogafriend[/QUOTE]

Me, too! :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

[QUOTE]I love cats, especially my kitty, and one day while he was curled up asleep I thought he looked a lot like a croissant.
    Posted by kittencroissant[/QUOTE]

Awwwww!!!  That's so cute!!! :D

I love cats, too, but I don't think I'm at a point where I'd be a good cat owner.  Or cat possession...

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealJBar. Show TheRealJBar's posts

CHC I liked your old name too!

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Seebell. Show Seebell's posts

Hmmmmmmmmmmm my screen name?

First screen name was:
    Me, myself, and I
    (I loved Fergie singing that song)

then when they made you log in to a specific screen name:
    Sybil
    (speaks for itself; therefore many different opinions, and I thought it was funny - the actual movie freaked me out and was sad and I am nothing like that movie or anything)...
    then when they made you log in to "LL" - it wouldn't take my "Sybil" name and said it was occuppied/by me of course - and I forgot my password......so the next best thing was:
    SEEBELL
    but without all the teasing of name "Sybil".

Like I always say.........What's in a name? Could be 19+ or - personalities/opinions........