Post stories about your screen name here

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Seebell. Show Seebell's posts

Re: Post stories about your screen name here

I only have the one "log in" name.
    I can only handle "one log in" name - it's enough for me.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkingTheWalk. Show WalkingTheWalk's posts

I tried to use WT (with an F) when I first logged onto LL but it didn't pass the sanity test. So I went with the next thing that popped into mind and came up with WTW, a.k.a. WalkingTheWalk. That was bouncing around my mind because I had recently seen the Monty Python skit on the Ministry of Silly Walks.

And now for something completely different...

I'm leaving on a jet plane next week for a three year gig in Europe. You may see me posting occasionally or maybe even more than occasionally - who knows!

Anyway, to those I've met, it's been my pleasure. To those I haven't met maybe we will someday. As a certain politician/actor/weighlifter once said - "I'll be back!" Cool

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Twinster. Show Twinster's posts

Walking, I have to admit I stumbled across you on the FOLL page on FB - mainly because you were a face I didn't recognize - and saw that gig on your page. Best of luck, stay safe, and drop by to play regularly!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

WTW - we'll miss you and it was such a pleasure meeting you.... if you ever happen to jaunt back tot he states for a visit, let us know and we can possibly get a group together...

best of luck in your new endevour!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

In Response to Re: Post stories about your screen name here:
    [QUOTE]I tried to use WT (with an F) when I first logged onto LL but it didn't pass the sanity test. So I went with the next thing that popped into mind and came up with WTW, a.k.a. WalkingTheWalk. That was bouncing around my mind because I had recently seen the Monty Python skit on the Ministry of Silly Walks. And now for something completely different... I'm leaving on a jet plane next week for a three year gig in Europe. You may see me posting occasionally or maybe even more than occasionally - who knows! Anyway, to those I've met, it's been my pleasure. To those I haven't met maybe we will someday. As a certain politician/actor/weighlifter once said - "I'll be back!"
    Posted by WalkingTheWalk[/QUOTE]

All my best, WTW. I hope it's a blast.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Marc725. Show Marc725's posts

Post stories about your screen name here

My name is Marc and I was born on July 25 - therefore Marc725.  Pretty deep, huh?  With regard to Seals & Crofts, I did meet them once in the Summer of 1974 and will try to keep the story short.  I was a 24 year old taxi driver in Hyannis at the time.  I picked them up at the airport in Hyannis - drove the cab right onto the tarmac which was pretty cool.  I took them to their hotel where they dropped off their bags and then took them directly to their gig at the old Cape Cod Coliseum in So Yarmouth.  Bottom line: these guys were down-to-earth and incredibly polite!  The other celebrities I transported during my 4-year taxi driving career were self-absorbed and, at times, rude to the point of being mean.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bzorn22. Show bzorn22's posts

Mine comes from an old Dungeons and Dragons character I had. How far does this push me up the geek ladder.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

I've got maybe a quadruple meaning to my name at this point.  The first time I posted, I had a sparkly diamond as my pic, and Sox people were baffled - some of them expected Fenway Park.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

bzorn, amazingly you just upped the hottie ante AGAIN

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Seebell. Show Seebell's posts

Hey Walking the Walk!!!!!!!
    We'll miss ya - but when ya get a chance to "pop in LL Land" - do drop in!

Oh and when I first posted on here - I'd use the name "been around".

Well, that's all I got for today......

I gotta check out some Halloween "avatars"!!!!!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PoohBear44. Show PoohBear44's posts

When Mr. PoohBear and I decided to marry we were not ready for kids.  So we decided, let's get a cat and if it lives, we'll try for kids :)

So our first baby was when we got back from our honeymoon.  We picked out a very feisty kitten and named him PoohBear.  He was and always will be my FAVORITE cat.  I mean who doesn't love a cat that eats stuffed olives while you're drinking a martini?  When I first logged on to boston.com I was 44; hence the 44 on the end.

Note to WTW:  Safe travels, enjoy your wonderful new adventure and hope to meet you someday.  Look forward to your posts.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from trickycrayon. Show trickycrayon's posts

In Response to Re: Post stories about your screen name here:
    [QUOTE]It took till now for me to realize this thread had been set up.  Thanks! In 2003, David Letterman devoted an entire Late Show to a single guest, Warren Zevon.  Zevon was fighting lung cancer at the time, ultimately unsuccessfully, unfortunately. Letterman asked him what was the most important thing he'd learned from his situation.  Zevon's answer:  "Enjoy every sandwich."  Which he meant both literally and figuratively:  Savor every moment. I was not even that much of a Warren Zevon fan before that point, but became one after watching that show (and after watching a documentary that followed him making his last album).   His attitude about facing cancer mirrors my own philosophy, but unfortunately (for me) was the opposite of the attitude of a close family member in the same situation.  So that is probably why it's stuck with me so much. Also, what a clever reply in general -- "Enjoy every sandwich" says so much in only 3 words.
    Posted by EnjoyEverySandwich[/QUOTE]

Oh my god, I love you. Zevon. <3

My screenname comes from a friend of mine who used to assign a crayon color to all his friends...but he couldn't pick one for me, so he said I was a tricky crayon. And it stuck!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

TrickyCrayon:

What a great story -- and, I am guessing, a pretty apt nickname for you!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

two-sheds:

I don't know if shed-load is off-color in Brit-slang or not.  I've heard it used on what I would think were pretty G-rated BBC shows.  On the other hand, if two-sheds weren't at least a little racy, it wouldn't be as funny a joke in the Monty Python sketch, I'd think.   Translating slang is hard, even English-to-English!

BTW, a couple of years ago, after a lot of thought (more than it deserves), I decided if I were ever trapped on a desert island and could bring only one person (not in my family), it would be Terry Jones.  [Deep confession of the day.]

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Another-Veronica. Show Another-Veronica's posts

Great thread!

I have loved Archie comic books since I was a little girl. Though I am more like Betty, I love Veronica's sassiness & boldness (I love Betty Boop for the same reasons); plus I love the name.

Besides being female & brunette, the only thing I have in common with Veronica Lodge is that I find Archie very cute as I love the color of natural red hair.  Of course there are those that would say I have become a bit bold over the years.

There are other posters with 'Veronica' in their screen name as to why I chose Another-Veronica.

Good Luck WTW!  We'll miss you.
    Cry

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

there's only ONE Veronica, and that you AV and you are sassy and one classy lady, and im lucky to have met you

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomboomVeronica. Show boomboomVeronica's posts

Totally agree!  AV should be THE Veronica, as this is not even my real name.

I was also a big fan of the Archies comic strip and a hockey fan of the Canadiens growing up (hides behind a tree, hoping no one notices).  I always loved the nickname of Bernie "Boom Boom" Geoffrion, a Canadien great, even though I was too young to have seen him play.

Back to Archie, I actually liked Betty better, but thought that Boom Boom Betty was too much alliteration - and then I would have conflicted with another BBB here!

FYI, after much therapy, I am now a Bruins fan.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

boomboom:

Given the Bruins' record up until last year, I would have thought being a Bruins' fan would come BEFORE the therapy!  ;-)

/>ducks<

Sorry -- I was a fan as a kid (in the Bobby Orr days), but now I don't follow hockey at all.  (Which, outside of Boston and Canada, is not a crime.)

PS:  I really like "boomboomVeronica" as a screen name -- it has some kind of music to it!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomboomVeronica. Show boomboomVeronica's posts

Thanks Sandwich!  I really enjoyed your story.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Another-Veronica. Show Another-Veronica's posts

backbaybabe, You say the sweetest things & I'm the lucky one to have met you!

boomboomVeronica, I'm just a 'Veronica wannabe' & I agree with EES as your screen name sounds as if it has music to it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

Great thread...

AlyssaJones is not my real name, as many people seem to think.  Alyssa Jones is a character in the Kevin Smith movie "Chasing Amy"... Alyssa was played by Joey Lauren Adams, who is the gal in my avatar most days.  

Alyssa is a very strong female character who writes a comic called "Idiosyncratic Girl"... thats what I feel like most days... idiosyncratic.   That, and I really like the nickname AJ  Wink

Sandwich... I loved your story.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

Thanks AJ -- I'm fond of those (AJ) initials too.

I was thinking of using the screen name "AhhWantToBearYourChildren!!"  but I didn't think anyone would get the Catharine O'Hara SCTV reference. 

Every once in a while someone will post something really outstanding on the blog and that phrase  jumps  to mind.  But I haven't responded with it, because, well, because it's so open to misinterpretation!  :)    That line does really crack me up, though.

Sections
Shortcuts