Random Nonsensicalness

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JeepersCripes. Show JeepersCripes's posts

Random Nonsensicalness

Boss is heading out on vacation and I am bored since I already packed and purged his office for our big move.....

Puppy sitting my brothers dog this week(well starting today) and more than likely will not see guy all that much because he is not a dog person. This does bother me somewhat because at some point, I would LOVE to get another boxer (via rescue this time) and no way he is on board with that. I cant have dogs full time in my apt now, but when we move, I could very easily get one. Bigger apt, more space, an actual fenced in yard. Obviously this is not a make or break situation, but I really want a boxer.

I also read the book The Help and thought it amazing, and looking forward to seeing the movie. Also just finished Jaycee Duggards book. I had to just to "donate" to her. What an amazing woman to overcome what she had. I think she should start an advice column, maybe not for relationships, or well getting out of abusive ones anyway, but such wisdom from someone so young.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JeepersCripes. Show JeepersCripes's posts

Re: Random Nonsensicalness

So in this move, I think there are some people that will fall by the way side as I am realizing they are completely dependent on others to "help" with their work. I dont "help" anyone. Sink or swim baby, sink. or. swim.

I think my boss thinks I am a moron sometimes. Jeeps, did you get me a car to pick me up from the airport today? Yes I did Boss, 3 days ago, its in your calendar.

I also really hope I win the $10k makeover from Pottery Barn.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JeepersCripes. Show JeepersCripes's posts

awwwww Mr. Wong passed away :(

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kind-of-Irritating-Lady. Show Kind-of-Irritating-Lady's posts

I would also love to get a Boxer.  The mrs. is often browsing the Boxer Buddies Rescue site.  I bet one would get along great with our Bostons.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kind-of-Irritating-Lady. Show Kind-of-Irritating-Lady's posts

I haven't been to Kowloon since I got sick from their food a couple of years ago.  But, I'm willing to give it another shot.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JeepersCripes. Show JeepersCripes's posts

hahaha- Guy will not step foot in Kowloons, but I love it. The cheeseyness just makes me so happy.

Oooo that is the what I am trying to get guy to "settle" on. He wont do a big dog (though Boxers are medium to me) so Boston Terrier would be my compromise.

I met the woman at the Boxer Buddies in Stoneham once, randomly walking out of walgreens. I wonder what would happen if I just got one while guy was at work one day....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redwolf68. Show redwolf68's posts

In Response to Re: Random Nonsensicalness:
    [QUOTE]I haven't been to Kowloon since I got sick from their food a couple of years ago.  But, I'm willing to give it another shot.
    Posted by The-Porkchop-Express[/QUOTE]

I've never been to Kowloon.  But I did have this experience last October at Minado (big Japanese AYCE restaurant in Natick - really good, actually).  Probably the meat off the hibachi section at the back, because I had *serious* gut cramps for a week after any time I tried to eat red meat.  (Note to self - stick with the sushi, tempura, etc. from now on.)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kind-of-Irritating-Lady. Show Kind-of-Irritating-Lady's posts

Boston Terriers are awesome.  I thought they were the ugliest dogs before I owned one.  Now we have two -- they're way too freaking smart.  I've never thought of Boxers as "big" either.  They're definitely not as big as like, a dobie or a German Shepherd, right?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JeepersCripes. Show JeepersCripes's posts

Or my son's carne corso- who tops out at 175lbs.

and can I tell you how sick I am of the news about Kim K's wedding? Please....we all know she is just getting married to get married. Blahhhh the whole thing makes me barf.....and not rainbows either.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JeepersCripes. Show JeepersCripes's posts

so here is a polling question....

This past weekend I was walking and slammed my big toe into a mail box, left foot if it makes a difference, and ripped the nail. Like its hanging on by a string now, ripped. Ironically it was in front of redbones. Obv its still summer and open toe shoes weather and I am hesitent to just rip the sucker off.

Do I?
    or
    Dont I?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from naturalginger. Show naturalginger's posts

Careful on your Boston Terrier selection. I thought I was getting a medium dog, but I fell for the runt. Her littermates are all between 16-23lbs. She's tipped the scales at 9.6... and at 3 years old, I'm not optimistic for another growth spurt. Even not being a 'small dog' person, I'm madly in love with my perma-puppy.

But I'm with choppers, I thought they were ridiculous looking. Still, I liked the size (thinking 15-25lbs), the fact that they're not yappy, short hair, and known for a sweet disposition.

Their tendency to sleep most the day interlaced with 20-60 bursts of insanity, being exceptional cuddlers and nurturing when you're sick or hurt, affinity for toys, intelligence to learn anything when you have cheese in your hand, and overall organization skills with gathering anything within a 18" reach in the house and placing it neatly in a pile for you? Well those are all just a bonus.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from naturalginger. Show naturalginger's posts

Jeeps, I'd cut it down as far as possible so you avoid catching it on anything, and then see how it is in a week. And go for some dark nail polish on the rest of your tootsies to distract.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kind-of-Irritating-Lady. Show Kind-of-Irritating-Lady's posts

I'm glad to know that yours sleep all day too, Ging.  I swear to God, ours could sleep through a nuclear war - but they will jump up and play anytime you want to - then promptly return to sleep.

I aspire to be that.

Best part about Bostons (and Boxers too, I think) - they have just one coat, so there's no shedding.

Also, Jeeps, I'd say rip it off.  But I can't wear open-toe shoes on my hooves.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JeepersCripes. Show JeepersCripes's posts

oooo , not that just makes me want one more. Son has a JRT too, which is supposed to be wicked smart. I think he is too smart to the point of being a PITA.

Yeah, I thought about trimming, but think the getting caught on something % would go up.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JeepersCripes. Show JeepersCripes's posts

Maybe I will make the BT a housewarming present to myself.....

now for a good italian name....Bruno? Ciro? Enzo? Niro?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JeepersCripes. Show JeepersCripes's posts

so just took my boss's Porsche for a spin to the car wash.....You think he will notice if I take it home with me for the weekend?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kind-of-Irritating-Lady. Show Kind-of-Irritating-Lady's posts

Hopefully he doesn't count the mileage like Cameron Frye's dad.

I like the name Bruno for a BT, or even a Boxer!

Ours are way too smart.  They know what things mean, like, "let's to go the vet", or "time to take a bath".  They also know what nail clippers look like.  It's awesome.

They also figured out that when we get a take-out menu and then get on the phone, that food is on the way.  Maybe that means we order take-out too much.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JeepersCripes. Show JeepersCripes's posts

I feel bad for the Porsche, stuck in a corporate garage all weekend. Its going to be lonely and not have any fresh air :( It will certainly have more fun at my house, hanging with Gepetto.

I miss my boxer. He would lay in front of the fireplace so Jeeps Jr didnt get too close. He also dug a hole in the wall because there were mice in there (apt in NYC, mice were everywhere).

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kind-of-Irritating-Lady. Show Kind-of-Irritating-Lady's posts

The nicest thing you could do is show that Porsche a good time.

Strictly for the sake of niceness.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JeepersCripes. Show JeepersCripes's posts

Exactly what I was thinking!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wizen. Show wizen's posts

Italian dog names:

Caesar
    Alonzo
    Valentino
    Big Pusssy

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JeepersCripes. Show JeepersCripes's posts

I htink Guy can get on board if we call the BT Big Pusssssy.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

I like big dogs, because I've found the bigger they are, the calmer they are (for the most part).  I'm not much for little yappy dogs that jump on you.

However, I'm allergic to dogs, so it's all academic!  One of my cats does play fetch, though.  He'll bring a ball to me and set it down.  When I throw it for him, he does tend to saunter over to get it -- he's a cat, so it's no big rush to do the "fetching" part.  Or maybe he's thinking I didn't like his gift, if I threw it away.

Okay, I gotta get back to work here.
    :)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bzorn22. Show bzorn22's posts

Shoot me. I like Bichon's

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jim-in-Littleton. Show Jim-in-Littleton's posts

In Response to Re: Random Nonsensicalness:
    [QUOTE] Their tendency to sleep most the day interlaced with 20-60 bursts of insanity, being exceptional cuddlers and nurturing when you're sick or hurt, affinity for toys, intelligence to learn anything when you have cheese in your hand, and overall organization skills with gathering anything within a 18" reach in the house and placing it neatly in a pile for you? Well those are all just a bonus.
    Posted by naturalginger[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you're talking about my Shiba Inu here.  Well, except that she doesn't collect things in a pile.  She will go and fetch anything you ask for and make a pile though. Oh, and she prefers pancakes to cheese.

Sections
Shortcuts