Religious Sockpuppets

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DryHumor. Show DryHumor's posts

Religious Sockpuppets

I find it very interesting that quite a few people have commented on how much they enjoyed the blog since the arrival of the sockpuppets. I will be the first one to acknowledge that OT is pretty much a free for all, but with all the subjects and different characters that have arisen in OT, the God and Satan sockpuppets seem to have attracted the most compliments. I am interested to hear people's take on this.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4354603. Show user_4354603's posts

Re: Religious Sockpuppets

Well, it's probably because they are hilarious.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Inter-Planet. Show Inter-Planet's posts

In Response to Re: Religious Sockpuppets:
    [QUOTE]Well, it's probably because they are hilarious.
    Posted by porkshop[/QUOTE]

Agreed!  Pure sockpuppetry genius :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from McBostonrob. Show McBostonrob's posts

In Response to Religious Sockpuppets:
    [QUOTE]I find it very interesting that quite a few people have commented on how much they enjoyed the blog since the arrival of the sockpuppets. [/QUOTE]

Did they?  Or was it one person commenting on it multiple times?
    The religious sockpuppets get about as big a "MEH" as I can muster.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoVa. Show MoVa's posts

I thought it was clever. It was so unpredictable. I hope it does not get dragged too long.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

In Response to Re: Religious Sockpuppets:
    [QUOTE]I thought it was hilarious.   I also think part of the brilliance is that it was just one day and can't be replicated.
    Posted by Lily-[/QUOTE]

THAT!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from McBostonrob. Show McBostonrob's posts

Again I say MEH!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

I was giggling in my cubicle...  I thought they were awesome.  But, yes, I think a one-time appearance contributed to their magic.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

like anything, overkill is a total buzz-kill

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4354603. Show user_4354603's posts

If McRob thought they were "meh" I think that means they were successful.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jim-in-Littleton. Show Jim-in-Littleton's posts

Well, hopefully no one got too twisted up about it. 

Things were a bit slow sooo...  I admit it, I was "Mother Mary and Joseph".

I'm not very good at hiding my sockpuppetry.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Seebell. Show Seebell's posts

I thought it was funny too.  It added some fun to the blog.

But, like everything else - if it had gone on too long then SOMEONE WOULD BE BOUND TO GET HURT/ANGRY/INSULTED or something.

It definitely lightened everyone up a bit. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SATAN_IS_PISSED. Show SATAN_IS_PISSED's posts

WELL SALLY- I AM NOT DIGGING YOU TOO MUCH LATELY EITHER. I THOUGHT WE HAD AN UNDERSTANDING, THEN YOU WENT ALL SOFT ON ME. 

AS FOR THE REST OF YOU, IF I WASNT SO BUSY TRYING TO TURN THAT PRINCESS KATHERINE TO THE DARK SIDE, I WOULD SHOW YOU HOW YOU ALL DEPEND ON ME.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Any group of related sockpuppets is funny - remember the Lord of the Rings Day?  The geeks among us thought it was funny.  Well, the more famous the group of people who comment, the broader appeal the humor has.  And Jesus, God, Mary, Satan and Santa are pretty famous.

Gangsta Anne Frank is killing me. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

I really liked Gangsta Anne Frank. I also think Littleton Jim did a great job; I'd never have guessed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SATAN_IS_PISSED. Show SATAN_IS_PISSED's posts

THAT MADE ME CHUCKLE QUETIE.

DID YOU THINK THE DEVIL'S ADVOCATE WAS COMPLETELY MADE UP?

23. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts