Rocking the Ritz.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AwesomeO. Show AwesomeO's posts

Rocking the Ritz.

let's make nice nice

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCMod1. Show BDCMod1's posts

Re: Rocking the Ritz.

Just a friendly reminder: It's a violation of our posting policy to pretend to be someone you are not. Since another user, long ago, is strongly associated with the name AwesomeO (with a slight spelling difference), it's rather confusing to have someone else take up the name. I'm telling you this in a "nice nice" way. I'm sure you'll do the right thing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

hi Mod

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

There is only one Awesom-O.  And we all know who that was.  Sadly, he will never return.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCMod1. Show BDCMod1's posts

My little ray of sunshine.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mclovin'. Show mclovin''s posts

I snuck into the Ritz.  I wasn't sure the Hawaiian ID wouldn't be confiscated.  I saw some of the LLers and they looked pretty snazzy in their fancy dress.  Looked like they were having a good time, too.  If I'd had a couple of drinks, I might have introduced myself. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Just a friendly reminder [Translation: I'm a mod. I can ban you. So pay attention]: It's a violation of our posting policy to pretend to be someone you are not [Translation: Dont use sock puppets, or else]. Since another user, long ago, is strongly associated with the name AwesomeO (with a slight spelling difference), it's rather confusing to have someone else take up the name [Translation: Sock puppets are dumb. Sock puppets are annoying]. I'm telling you this in a "nice nice" way [Translation: I'm a mod. I can ban you. Youre paying attention, right?]. I'm sure you'll do the right thing [Translation: Dont say I didnt warn you:)].
    Posted by BDCMod1

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

dodger:

If youre trying to be ironic at my expense, I dont appreciate it

But any comparison between me and the great Johnnie Martinelli from Quincy is always welcome

So thanks a lot, buddy!:)

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dogparty McFryolator. Show Dogparty McFryolator's posts

I have been irretrievably injured by the fake awesome-o and I will be seeking damages. Thank you mod for your brave stance and your courage in the face of adversity.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Montyy. Show Montyy's posts

In Response to Re: Rocking the Ritz.:
    [QUOTE]I don't think it's confusing.  Everyone knows it's not the "real" Awesom-O, and I also think that nobody really cares, either. But that's just my $0.02.
    Posted by no country for old porkshops[/QUOTE]

Porkie - I've been meaning to inquire about your avatart.  Is that Farrah of Teen Mom fame?      How odd, yet intriguing.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dogparty McFryolator. Show Dogparty McFryolator's posts

(rushes to grab the name Zeptember-O)

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sally0. Show Sally0's posts

Whatever you say, Sally.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

If none of the users on the board have a problem with someone resurrecting an old screen name, why does this moderator have a problem with it?

Is this another example of Mod Staff Overreach (MSO)?

Why make an issue out of the apparent benign ripoff of the old Awesome-O handle?

I dont get it...

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dogparty McFryolator. Show Dogparty McFryolator's posts

The user who formerly posted under the name "no country for old porkshop" just contacted the mod and requested your nuking.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dogparty McFryolator. Show Dogparty McFryolator's posts

I must have missed whatever happened yesterday, but I bet that it actually demonstrated WHEN a rule should be enforced rather than why it should be enforced all the time. The problem in any social system is most often not the rules, it's the inflexibility and lack of humanity by which they are applied. Like a bank moving to collections on a loan because someone was 10 bucks light on one payment. 

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts