Saturday 10/9 Dancing anyone?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

Saturday 10/9 Dancing anyone?

Yep, I'm telling everyone:

Tuesday is my 30th Birthday.

Saturday night I'm having a little informal celebration, really just an excuse to get out for the night in Boston and do a little boozing & dancing.

Looking for a good spot in or around Boston. Suggestions, please!

Also, you are all more than welcome to come. The more the merrier. Cool

I don't mind discussing here, but final details will be posted on FB for privacy purposes.

Thanks all!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

Re: Saturday 10/9 Dancing anyone?

A very happy early birthday, Dimmy!  No suggestions on dancing, as I'm not much of a partyer (that looks funny spelled that way - let's just say I'm not one who parties much :::grin:::) nor can I dance worth sh*t! LOL - but have a wonderful time!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

In Response to Re: Saturday 10/9 Dancing anyone?:
    [QUOTE]A very happy early birthday, Dimmy!  No suggestions on dancing, as I'm not much of a partier (ETA: nor can I dance worth sh*t! LOL)- but have a wonderful time!
    Posted by LWhitt58[/QUOTE]

Thanks, LW!! Your birthday is right around this time, too, right?

HAPPY (early/late) BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnny1963. Show johnny1963's posts

Congrats Dimmy!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

[QUOTE]Congrats Dimmy!
    Posted by johnny1963[/QUOTE]

Thank you, thank you J1963! I can't believe I made it this far... lol

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday 10/9 Dancing anyone? : Thanks, LW!! Your birthday is right around this time, too, right? HAPPY (early/late) BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
    Posted by ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink[/QUOTE]

It is.  Actually *very* around this time.  ;-)  I do believe your day will be more fun than mine, so enjoy!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday 10/9 Dancing anyone? : It is.  Actually *very* around this time.  ;-)  I do believe your day will be more fun than mine, so enjoy!

I'm sure you'll have a lovely day. There are many people thinking about you and wishing you the best! Myself included.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday 10/9 Dancing anyone? : I'm sure you'll have a lovely day. There are many people thinking about you and wishing you the best! Myself included.
    Posted by ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much, Dimmy - you're sweet. :-)  And why isn't anyone giving you recommendations for partying it up on your 30th?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from two-sheds. Show two-sheds's posts

Happy Birthday!!!   I remember my 30th like it was just ..., oh never mind. 

Thanks for inviting us all, but I can't make it - I'm out of town.  Hope you have a great time!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

Not a hot spot today, I guess, LWhitt :-)

Thanks, Two-Sheds! - have a great time whereever you're going!

Thirty is going to come and go, I'll be 40 before I know it. :-)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

I think people aren't a fan of the discussing locations on the public side, and are lurking waiting for the Fb part.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

[QUOTE]I think people aren't a fan of the discussing locations on the public side, and are lurking waiting for the Fb part.
    Posted by diamondgirl[/QUOTE]

Per usual, you're probably right :-) I wish I could FB at work :-(

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

Except they'd just be a group of suggestions here, DG, whereas Dimmy said final location would be on FB.  Ah well - I'm sure something will work out and you'll still be saying "ouch!" on Monday morning, Dimmy.  ;-)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bzorn22. Show bzorn22's posts

Congratulations Dimmy. And don't do what I did on my 30th birthday. I didn't show up to my own surprise party. Ain't I a stinker

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

[QUOTE]Congratulations Dimmy. And don't do what I did on my 30th birthday. I didn't show up to my own surprise party. Ain't I a stinker
    Posted by bzorn22[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Bzorn! Hey... there's love for stinkers too :-)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdrotten. Show jdrotten's posts

Congrats on your 30th Birthday Dimmy!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PoohBear44. Show PoohBear44's posts

Happy Birthday next Tuesday, Dimmy!  Wow, 30 I remember that like it was almost 18 years ago!  I'm a Sag.

The places I used to dance are probably covered in cobwebs, so unfortunately, I can't be much help.

However, if you ever find yourself 93 Northish sometime, I would love to buy you a birthday drink.

I'll check out Facebook later so see if you got some good ideas :)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

[QUOTE]HHowever, if you ever find yourself 93 Northish sometime, I would love to buy you a birthday drink. I'll check out Facebook later so see if you got some good ideas :)
    Posted by PoohBear44[/QUOTE]

The same for me.  I'm not sure how "93 northish" PoohBear is as compared to me, but it can't be that far away.  But I'm not on FB, so if you're ever 93 northish and  would like a drink, you'll have to contact me the old fashioned way - by Email.  Which I can give out if you're ever 93 northish.  ;-)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hsmbs. Show hsmbs's posts

I know we've never met, but I want to wish you Happy Birthday and thank you for your thoughtful advice recently.  I'm shocked you're just 30 years young - you are very insightful!  Hope many of your friends rally and you have "wicked good time" (see, I really do miss Boston!)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

OMG, DIMMYYYYYY happy burfday girlie!!!!

ahhhh, your 30th!!!! i remember it well, ahhhh, no, not all all really. i dont recall much of my 30's... hehehe just kidding

so, for places in beantown to dance

there is always landsdowne...or the alley on boylston street.... im little too out of the dancing scene. my buddies and i, we all would rather sit and drink our nights away....if you need suggestions for places to drink and mingle that i can help with...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

[QUOTE]Congrats on your 30th Birthday Dimmy!!
    Posted by jdrotten[/QUOTE]

Thank you, thank you! :-)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

[QUOTE]Happy Birthday next Tuesday, Dimmy!  Wow, 30 I remember that like it was almost 18 years ago!  I'm a Sag. The places I used to dance are probably covered in cobwebs, so unfortunately, I can't be much help. However, if you ever find yourself 93 Northish sometime, I would love to buy you a birthday drink. I'll check out Facebook later so see if you got some good ideas :)
    Posted by PoohBear44[/QUOTE]

Awww, thanks! Pooh - just the gesture is much appreciated.
    We'll be in FB-touch. (Does that sound dirty?) :-)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

[QUOTE]I know we've never met, but I want to wish you Happy Birthday and thank you for your thoughtful advice recently.  I'm shocked you're just 30 years young - you are very insightful!  Hope many of your friends rally and you have "wicked good time" (see, I really do miss Boston!)
    Posted by hsmbs[/QUOTE]

Thank you HSMBS - it's been so nice to make your virtual acquaintance as well, and I'm flattered.

Maybe when you visit Boston you can get together with the LL crew. :-)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

[QUOTE]OMG, DIMMYYYYYY happy burfday girlie!!!! ahhhh, your 30th!!!! i remember it well, ahhhh, no, not all all really. i dont recall much of my 30's... hehehe just kidding so, for places in beantown to dance there is always landsdowne...or the alley on boylston street.... im little too out of the dancing scene. my buddies and i, we all would rather sit and drink our nights away....if you need suggestions for places to drink and mingle that i can help with...
    Posted by backbaybabe[/QUOTE]

Thank youuuuuuuu! :-D
    B3 - if you can play racquetball, you can dance! I know your knees have it in ya!
    I will hit you up on FB lata, if you don't mind.
    Any place will do, really, as long as it's nice, and if I can boogie in a corner.
    My hips don't stay put with music and booze in the same place.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday 10/9 Dancing anyone? : The same for me.  I'm not sure how "93 northish" PoohBear is as compared to me, but it can't be that far away.  But I'm not on FB, so if you're ever 93 northish and  would like a drink, you'll have to contact me the old fashioned way - by Email.  Which I can give out if you're ever 93 northish.  ;-)

LW58, what? No smoke signals? :-)

I will surely email you next time I'm 93Northish. We can buy each other a birthday drink!

Sections
Shortcuts