Signals that he's just not into you

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Signals that he's just not into you

Jazzy, good point about setting up false expectations. However, at the same time, a new relationship that could go somewhere meaningful needs to go high enough on a man's priorities such that she doesn't assume he isn't that into her which she will if she's consistently ignored or fit in whenever it happens to be super convenient. My husband didn't ever pretend to be a phone guy, but since we lived an hour away and both had demanding full time jobs, he made the personal sacrifice to talk with me on the phone even though it was out of his comfort zone. Now, we don't chat long on the phone, we wait until we're together, but I don't accuse him of bait and switch regarding his wanting to drive home from work in peace and quiet.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Inter-Planet. Show Inter-Planet's posts

In Response to Re: Signals that he's just not into you:
    [QUOTE]Dating is a scam. Either you like them enough to bangor them or you dont. All the noise inbetween is just a waste of time.
    Posted by You Cant Say Pansy[/QUOTE]

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Seebell. Show Seebell's posts

If He/She faaaaaaaahhhts in front of you on the 1st date.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WickedMcCool. Show WickedMcCool's posts

First: 2/8/2012
    Last: 8/28/2012
    Ladies, I have a serious question...

You seem to have a ton of lists and rules pertaining to how to tell if a dude doesn't like you or how to tell if a dude isn't the right one for you.

Do you have a list of things that will tell you when a dude IS into you?

Because if you don't, then you'll only be looking for the things on the list of negative things instead of seeing anything positive.  Almost as if you're just waiting for him to screw up.

Good point, Wrongy!!  Unfortunately, it's the 'don't like ones' that are sometimes easier to list because you feel stronger about them, I guess.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Inter-Planet. Show Inter-Planet's posts

[QUOTE]Ladies, I have a serious question... You seem to have a ton of lists and rules pertaining to how to tell if a dude doesn't like you or how to tell if a dude isn't the right one for you. Do you have a list of things that will tell you when a dude IS into you? Because if you don't, then you'll only be looking for the things on the list of negative things instead of seeing anything positive.  Almost as if you're just waiting for him to screw up.
    Posted by RighteousWay[/QUOTE]

I might be overthinking this but if I hear from him and he wants to see me then I tend to think he is into me.  You should feel free to tell me if I'm wrong Wrongy.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Inter-Planet. Show Inter-Planet's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Signals that he's just not into you : I think this is a simple, yet very accurate way to look at it. I guess I think if he plans a date and it's considered "lame", he's still into you.  Otherwise he wouldn't have gone through the effort of going on a "lame" date.

What is a lame date anyhow?  Sometimes you try something and it doesn't turn out but you learn and can hopefully laugh about it.  This reminds me of a guy friend who told me that his ex girlfriend always wanted him to make the plans and then would get all pissy with him when she didn't like her food or similar like it was his fault. He is now happily married to someone else.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

I find #1 & #2 rather ironic, since those are the two main "rules" that were put forth for women to adhere to about dating.
    If I was starting to date someone, and they were pulling those on me, I wouldn't stay around.  Both parties have to be making some effort.

As for who pays, my own personal rule has always been if I do the asking, I plan on paying, but if I'm asked, I figure we're going dutch.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluemoose. Show bluemoose's posts

Signals OF interest
    If someone is into you, it is easy to make plans with him/her -- not that your schedules might not be crazy, but if you ask him out on a night he can't, he suggests another night.  If she suggests a restaurant you hate, you suggest a different place.  You're not counting who's called/texted/e-mailed, because it's going both ways.  Some effort goes into thinking about what to do next with the potential love interest (hence, dates aren't "boring."), especially if it considers the interests of the potential love interest.

I am a HUGE fan and proponent of the Captain Awkward maxim: "People who like you act like they like you."  Pretty straightforward.  And if you're confused, use your words and ask.

Granted, I'm single, but I am rarely confused by the intentions of others.  I just ask.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Montyy. Show Montyy's posts

[QUOTE]Ladies, I have a serious question... You seem to have a ton of lists and rules pertaining to how to tell if a dude doesn't like you or how to tell if a dude isn't the right one for you. Do you have a list of things that will tell you when a dude IS into you? Because if you don't, then you'll only be looking for the things on the list of negative things instead of seeing anything positive.  Almost as if you're just waiting for him to screw up.

1.  He calls when he says he'll call
    2.  He makes time for you, even if it means getting creative
    3.  He changes plans when needed to include you     
    4.  He calls or texts to share a story that he KNOWS you will think is funny
    5.  He invites you to places or events where you will be meeting/seeing his friends and/or family
    6.  He's nice to your dog - even if your dog looks more like a cat