Signals that he's just not into you

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JazzyJtotheILL. Show JazzyJtotheILL's posts

Re: Signals that he's just not into you

(4) he always says "I have to wait to see what the guys are doing I MIGHT already have plans that day"
    (5) he doesn't ask questions about you and your life

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCorvin. Show MrCorvin's posts

I'm going to disagree with number 3, only if that may be the "only thing" that is the issue, because other factors could be involved, and may not even be the woman/man in question. The person may want the relationship and they feel they are perfect for them, but other stresses in life may cause that type of stress.

A man/woman may be into you, but due to circumstances it is impossible for them to be into you now. It would be best though if the man/woman in question winds up being up front about it, cause otherwise he's/she's a d0uch3.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JazzyJtotheILL. Show JazzyJtotheILL's posts

I kind of agree McCorvin... money could be a factor, time, or a real honest lack of creativity.  I think if the intention is there, and the WANT for it ... then that's different. But I think CHC was talking more about the lack of desire to continue the excitement?

am I right CHC?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCorvin. Show MrCorvin's posts

However, which I forgot to clarify, if it is with issues 1, 2, 4, and 5, it's totally not cool.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Inter-Planet. Show Inter-Planet's posts

(1) If he expects you to be the initiator (e.g. plan dates, contact him)
    (2) He responds to calls/emails, etc. but doesn't initiate them
    (3) Date ideas are lame, low effort, low energy (note: this is after the first few 'get to know you dates')
    CHC - I don't know if that is true.  I'm guilty of all of those but not because I'm not interested but because I'm busy. I also hate talking on the phone or writing emails.  I would rather wait until I see them to catch up on things and since I'm busy with an unpredicatable schedule the catch up fits under your item 3 - usually a meeting for a couple of drinks.  I'm there to see that person and it really doesn't matter to me where since that is secondary to seeing them.  Unless there is some gender difference then I would accept it as positive that they reply and see you.  If they weren't interested they would poof.  :)

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Inter-Planet, you might have reasons other than not being into the woman, per se, for doing 1 - 3, but word to the wise, it will be interpretted as CHC takes it. Making a potentially important relationship a priority over the things that are making you "too busy" and going outside your comfort zone to talk once in a while on the phone implies that you ARE into her. Sometimes sacrifice like that is what it takes to show someone you are interested. It's what my husband did, and he's neither a phone guy nor someone who has a ton of free time. He didn't pretend to be someone he wasn't, but he made those sacrifices to show me his comittment to get to know me and build a relationship with me, and now we're happily married...have been for 4 years. If he had let his comfort zone and business dictate his behavior we probably wouldn't have built a relationship that led to marriage. (sorry for the random extra spaces; my bluetooth keyboard does that when I'm typing really fast.)

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Inter-Planet. Show Inter-Planet's posts

In Response to Re: Signals that he's just not into you:
    Inter-Planet, you might have reasons other than not being into the woman, per se, for doing 1 - 3, but word to the wise, it will be interpretted as CHC takes it. Making a potentially important relationship a priority over the things that are making you "too busy" and going outside your comfort zone to talk once in a while on the phone implies that you ARE into her. Sometimes sacrifice like that is what it takes to show someone you are interested. It's what my husband did, and he's neither a phone guy nor someone who has a ton of free time. He didn't pretend to be someone he wasn't, but he made those sacrifices to show me his comittment to get to know me and build a relationship with me, and now we're happily married...have been for 4 years. If he had let his comfort zone and business dictate his behavior we probably wouldn't have built a relationship that led to marriage. (sorry for the random extra spaces; my bluetooth keyboard does that when I'm typing really fast.)
    Posted by kargiver

Hi Kargiver, I'm female and if a guy acted the way CHC describes but still sees me and I liked him then I would accept him as is. But that is me, if that is unacceptable to you or CHC then you have the choice to end things. My point was there are motives other than her assumption that they aren't into her.  It sounds like these are new 'relationships' so I would give them time if I truly liked the person. I'm happy that you currently have a happy situation so thanks for sharing.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steve Thunderbolt. Show Steve Thunderbolt's posts

This is good to know CHC, thank you!

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JazzyJtotheILL. Show JazzyJtotheILL's posts

So let me get this straight. It's my responsibility to come up with Date ideas AND I have to pay for them. Got it. There's nothing worse than a lazy/boring chick who just sits back and expects the guy to do everything. And on top of that, will complain about the "lame" date idea when she's put no effort into it herself.
    Posted by Sean2012

LOL.. I hope you didn't think I was implying that he has to pay for everything. HOWEVER, I think there's something in here that is important to notice -  USUALLY people are taught, that if you extend the invite to do something - then it is on you to pay and figure out all the logistics. And perhaps he's afraid to ask her to go out because he thinks he'll be stuck with the bill as an expectation and he just can't afford it.

To me, if two people are into each other - it's not ONE person's responsibility rather both parties involved should be calling each other up. I have friends that NEVER make the phone call...how is he supposed to know you're into him?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JazzyJtotheILL. Show JazzyJtotheILL's posts

Posted by kargiver

I totally agree with this. But at the same time, that's how we always end up in the situation of - "you USED to do this or that" .. yep, that was while I was trying to "woo" you and now I have you so now I need to commit to my previous engements. So perhaps Interplanet has it the right way. Set the expectation from the very beginning. BUT be upfront about it
    "hey X, sorry I might not be able to see you as much as we'd both like to, but I do have a busy life and some things going on right now.. and I choose to keep those commitments"

personally though, I'd still take that as a "I'm just not that into you" queue LOL

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PowderGirl. Show PowderGirl's posts

What Jazzy said.  See...we can agree on some things.

In Response to Re: Signals that he's just not into you : LOL.. I hope you didn't think I was implying that he has to pay for everything. HOWEVER, I think there's something in here that is important to notice -  USUALLY people are taught, that if you extend the invite to do something - then it is on you to pay and figure out all the logistics. And perhaps he's afraid to ask her to go out because he thinks he'll be stuck with the bill as an expectation and he just can't afford it. To me, if two people are into each other - it's not ONE person's responsibility rather both parties involved should be calling each other up. I have friends that NEVER make the phone call...how is he supposed to know you're into him?
    Posted by JazzyJtotheILL

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Inter-Planet. Show Inter-Planet's posts

In Response to Re: Signals that he's just not into you : I totally agree with this. But at the same time, that's how we always end up in the situation of - "you USED to do this or that" .. yep, that was while I was trying to "woo" you and now I have you so now I need to commit to my previous engements. So perhaps Interplanet has it the right way. Set the expectation from the very beginning. BUT be upfront about it "hey X, sorry I might not be able to see you as much as we'd both like to, but I do have a busy life and some things going on right now.. and I choose to keep those commitments" personally though, I'd still take that as a "I'm just not that into you" queue LOL
    Posted by JazzyJtotheILL

Maybe why I'm single?? I would rather hang out with you than go on a date anyhow :)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JazzyJtotheILL. Show JazzyJtotheILL's posts

In Response to Re: Signals that he's just not into you : ____________________________________________ Maybe why I'm single?? I would rather hang out with you than go on a date anyhow :)
    Posted by Inter-Planet

HAHAHA.. I think it's pretty close to a year since I last saw you ! :(

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JazzyJtotheILL. Show JazzyJtotheILL's posts

What Jazzy said.  See...we can agree on some things. In Response to Re: Signals that he's just not into you :
    Posted by PowderGirl

;)

Sections
Shortcuts