So what's your take on this?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Re: So what's your take on this?

"What is the subtext behind Meh?  It's a word not used by most of my friends."

It's an Interwebz word. People don't speak that out loud. It's the text version of “comme ci, comme ça." Except people say "comme ci, comme ça." Or "mezza mezza."

He was focused on the drink, his reference to "meh," when he should have been focused on your invitation. I don't real-life know you, but I feel I know you enough from b.com, that you would not ply someone with alcohol.

Some people have that kind of disconnect. He thought "she wants to drink," while you meant "I'd like to meet up with you."

I feel his reaction was odd, though, given that he was already communicating with you over the weekend. Maybe he was multi-tasking at the time (and obviously failing at it). He probably feels terrible now. And he should - he should be on his knees, asking for your company.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Srsly. He should be.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdrotten. Show jdrotten's posts

I take 'meh' as a shrug of the shoulders, sort of neutral to the idea.

If someone asks me how my day was, and I say 'meh'.  I'm saying it wasn't exactly good or bad.  Just kind of whatever type of day.

Like rdg said, weird after making contact with you.  He's probably kicking himself now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jim-in-Littleton. Show Jim-in-Littleton's posts

I think there are two possibilities:

The first, as said above, is a sign of lack of interest - a shrugging of the shoulders as in "Meh, I'm not feeling it..."

The 2nd is as a substitute for saying "Rats!" or "Dang it!" as in "Dang it, I don't drink on Sundays!".

Without knowing his issues (religous thing about drinking on Sundays maybe?) it's hard to identify which context he meant.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnny1963. Show johnny1963's posts

I do not drink on Sundays is code for when I start I cannot stop

he still could have met up and had a coke though?  what's the harm

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bzorn22. Show bzorn22's posts

I think meh is like eh! or shorthand for whatever. Don't know what it means in this case as I don't know the young man. It does sound like an amivalent response. I mean if I didn't drink on Sunday and someone I was talking to invited me over for a drink and if I wanted to go I would say sure but I only want some coffee or something else and ten popped over. The invite wasn't so much for a drink but rather a little get together. He should of stopped over.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Coke is worse than drinking.  So expensive.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from justcat. Show justcat's posts

In Response to Re: So what's your take on this?:
    [QUOTE]I do not drink on Sundays is code for when I start I cannot stop he still could have met up and had a coke though?  what's the harm
    Posted by johnny1963[/QUOTE]

so he's got a coke habit, too?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Montyy. Show Montyy's posts

CHC - I find "Meh" to be a bit annoying myself, but those who say it surely think its the same as a shrug, or a "I'm feeling kind of lame", or "eehh".  Either way,  I'm glad you lost his number - the ball is in his court now and his loss as a drink with CHC is nothing to 'meh' about.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealJBar. Show TheRealJBar's posts

Doesn't meh mean blah? As in, uninteresting?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JazzyJtotheILL. Show JazzyJtotheILL's posts

I'm thinking RDGs take on it is where I'd go. He focused on the drink instead of the meeting up.. Meh, is symbolic of not interested...

how did you respond CHC

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from justcat. Show justcat's posts

I agree with you CHC - Meh was an inappropriate remark if he really wanted to see you!

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I think this is a person whom you should never even think about chatting with again, ever! An invite, especially from a young lady deserves a "Thank you, no" or "sounds great, thanks"! Anything else is b.s.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from McBostonrob. Show McBostonrob's posts

In Response to Re: So what's your take on this?:
    [QUOTE]I think this is a person whom you should never even think about chatting with again, ever! An invite, especially from a young lady deserves a "Thank you, no" or "sounds great, thanks"! Anything else is b.s.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

could it be a type- o... I'm looking at the key board to see if he could have miss hit some letter near where he meant to type...

I don't see any possibility.... and to give advice, stay away from guys who speak in code, I'm pretty sure he will drive you nuts in the long run.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Agree with jkj.  He is already confusing and annoying you.  Sounds like a no.