Sock Puppet Amnesty

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Re: Sock Puppet Amnesty

OK, OK.

SpringRooster.

Rooster-doodle-do!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from porkshop-a-go-go. Show porkshop-a-go-go's posts

The best sockpuppet ever = SpringRooster

Also:

- John the Baptist
    - Chuck Darwin
    - Anaximander (the REAL originator of the theory of evolution)
    - All of the "Clue" sockpuppets

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from porkshop-a-go-go. Show porkshop-a-go-go's posts

Oh, and my personal, nearest and dearest favorite, George Zimmer.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from porkshop-a-go-go. Show porkshop-a-go-go's posts

Also:

- Look of Disapproval (ಠ_ಠ)
    - SloboMOD Milosevic
    - Jim Malone
    - John Bender
    - HighExpectationsAZN

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PowderGirl. Show PowderGirl's posts

I think Porkchop also really liked the 7 times that LiteralLarry posted.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaptainfriday. Show kaptainfriday's posts

Oh, Yeah! I was CreepyFootGuy!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItalianIce84. Show ItalianIce84's posts

can I ask a serious question?

What's the point of a sock puppet?  Seriously?

If you have something to say, can you just man (or woman) up an say it under your own name?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from burnt toast. Show burnt toast's posts

What's the point of a sock puppet?  Seriously?

If you have something to say, can you just man (or woman) up an say it under your own name?

the haters would have a field day

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from porkshop-a-go-go. Show porkshop-a-go-go's posts

In Response to Re: Sock Puppet Amnesty:
    [QUOTE]can I ask a serious question? What's the point of a sock puppet?  Seriously? If you have something to say, can you just man (or woman) up an say it under your own name?
    Posted by ItalianIce84[/QUOTE]

I only speak for myself, but I make ones that are funny (to me) and relevant to whatever the topic is, like the ones above.  Or from a movie or something. 

I don't make sockpuppets to launch attacks at anyone.  That's stupid.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from porkshop-a-go-go. Show porkshop-a-go-go's posts

[QUOTE]I only speak for myself, but I make ones that are funny (to me) and relevant to whatever the topic is, like the ones above.  Or from a movie or something. D I N G
    Posted by Sergeant Barnes[/QUOTE]

For as annoying as getting nuked a million times was, "DING-gate 2012" was probably one of the funniest things here, ever.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

[QUOTE]can I ask a serious question? What's the point of a sock puppet?  Seriously? If you have something to say, can you just man (or woman) up an say it under your own name?
    Posted by ItalianIce84[/QUOTE]

It would have been difficult for me to pull off being a rooster and pecking at the ground, etc., by being a reindeer instead of a rooster. Srsly.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

I don't understand why "ding" is a poofable word.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from porkshop-a-go-go. Show porkshop-a-go-go's posts

[QUOTE]And I suppose we should all man up like ItalianIce84 and post under our real names. My name is Popsicle122 and I'm married to Creamsicle316. We're racists and don't like fudgesicles or toasted almond bars.
    Posted by Sergeant Barnes[/QUOTE]

Toasted almond is not welcome in this house.

I do agree with the spirit of Icey's post though.  I don't necessarily have a problem with someone making a sockpuppet to stir things up by making a devil's advocate argument anonymously.  It's the personal attacks, like, the ultra-personal bringing-offline-into-online-world (which apparently is A-okay by BDCMod1 and Meredith herself).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PeanutButterCookie. Show PeanutButterCookie's posts

I enjoyed the Carol Brady one from earlier in the week. If only I were that creative...

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItalianIce84. Show ItalianIce84's posts

i agree that sometimes it is entertaining when people post in character, and can't accomplish that under their normal persona...

but creating sock puppets just to stir the pot, or attack people, or because no one on the blog likes them anymore under their original name, or because a while ago, they "retired" and don't want to come back under that original name to hear a bunch of "told ya so, people never leave." --- that crap is ridiculous. If you want to debate someone, or attack someone, do it under your original name, or don't do it at all -- that's being cowardly.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from porkshop-a-go-go. Show porkshop-a-go-go's posts

Icey, sometimes stirring the pot is okay.  I can see why someone would create a sockpuppet to specifically do that, because sometimes stirring the pot is harmless.

But "stirring the pot" is not the same as "being purposefully inflammatory and insulting".

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts