Some Thoughts on The Blog

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archangel Michael. Show Archangel Michael's posts

Re: Some Thoughts on The Blog

Geoff, they are trying to present an image of "yo, I'm so hard, I just stoled this hat from the Lidz store at my local suburban mall!"

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archangel Michael. Show Archangel Michael's posts

I can't trash liking a hat despite the team.  As I said, I rocked a Brewers' hat as well as an Expos hat.  I am a baseball fan, though, which should be a requirement.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archangel Michael. Show Archangel Michael's posts

Actually, I agree with that policy, Lily.  Being put on the Yankees in little league was an open invitation to be endlessly ridiculed and tormented, but moreso by classmates than by sweaty guys who listen to too much WEEI.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archangel Michael. Show Archangel Michael's posts

I mean, would you make a 4th grader walk around in a t-shirt that says "I soil myself often?"  No?  That has the same social stigma as slapping a town rec Yankees shirt on 'em.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Maybe, Sandwich.  Maybe. 

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?id=6201169&sportCat=mlb

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

My brother and I owned one of every MLB team hat when we were kids.  He brought the Minnesota one to Floride on a church trip and lost it, and we had a big fight because it was my favorite, and he bought me a new one, which I wore until it practically dissolved.  The remains are in a box under my bed with my diplomas.

These are not 'I like baseball' hats.  And I seriously doubt they have seen a Little League field.  These are brand new, tag attached, razor flat brim hats worn at an angle.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

...aaaand, we are back to the point of the thread somehow.

Do you 1. Stand Up For Baseball Not Being A Big Deal, and march around in a Yankee hat and a JETS jersey and LA Lakers pants, yelling that it isn't a big deal and everyone should be nice, or do you 2. not put Yankees crap on the kid, and call it a day?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

And don't get me wrong - anyone shunning a nine year old boy for the hat he is wearing has problems.

But you know that 1. people around here hate Yankee fans, and 2. people are dopes.  So, you can't really be surprised?

But the, you did think people can't be heartless.  :(

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archangel Michael. Show Archangel Michael's posts

In Response to Re: Some Thoughts on The Blog:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Some Thoughts on The Blog : That's kind of the point.  It's just baseball and shouldn't have that sort of social stigma.
    Posted by Lily-[/QUOTE]

Debating that point with a nine year old is about as productive as it was with Sweaty Diner Guy.  Kids hold on ohsotight to what's cool and shun what is different or the antithesis of cool.  It's just what kids do.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCorvin. Show MrCorvin's posts

In Response to Re: Some Thoughts on The Blog:
    [QUOTE]I'm sorry Mr. Corvin but I must ignore you today.  As a Patriots fan, I find your avatar disrespectful.  And mean. (Kidding....it was a great game and I love Victor Cruz so I was glad he had a good game).
    Posted by Lily-[/QUOTE]

Everyone loves Victor Cruz!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Butterflyz. Show Butterflyz's posts

I vote for #2, DG. Kids are going to get picked on for all sorts of stuff. IMO you don't make them the weirdos for the stuff that doesn't matter and is within your control so that they'll have the strength to stand up for the stuff that does.

My b/f talks of never letting his kids ever watch any television. I think it's an outrageously stupid idea. Why would you handicap your own children socially like that? Limiting it, monitoring it, fine. I certainly was growing up. But preventing them from engaging socially with their peers is just silly. I rather have them save their energy for when it comes to sex and drugs, than over whether they know who spongebob is or the whatever the kid fad is when I have them.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JeepersCripes. Show JeepersCripes's posts

Jeeps Jr isnt a sports kid. And even more so, hates hats.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Now the blog is all about horrible things again. 

(shun)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Right Said Ed. Show Right Said Ed's posts

I bludgeon Yankees hat-wearers with machetes while screaming "WE are better than YOU."

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

HAHA, Z, I know, right?  Navy and white and purple and gold and green and silver and argh, argh!!!!  NOOOOO!!!!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

I think we passed the blog, too.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archangel Michael. Show Archangel Michael's posts

That fashion combination brings to mind LeBron James's response when asked what his favorite teams were as a kid.  "The Cowboys, Bulls and Yankees."

That says so much about his frontrunning character right there.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archangel Michael. Show Archangel Michael's posts

Should we hold a funeral for the blog?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Right Said Ed. Show Right Said Ed's posts

Sections
Shortcuts