Some Thoughts on The Blog

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4376881. Show user_4376881's posts

Re: Some Thoughts on The Blog

I miss Joco.  

Wait, no I don't.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4376881. Show user_4376881's posts

Okay I'm kidding, of course I do.

No, I'm not kidding.  I don't know.  Maybe.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCMod1. Show BDCMod1's posts

One of the readers called my attention to this forum, and I said I would look in as soon as I could, which is now, 5:38 p.m. as I start to write this, no matter what the time stamp says. I've barely read anything yet, but I want to address what Sean said toward the beginning.

Last January, I set up a special email address, Mod1@boston.com, so that any of you could write to me at any time. I posted this on my profile page, and a number of you have found it and made use of it. Previously, I had some contact with a few people using my Globe email address, which has the unavoidable problem of identifying me. After an angry commenter -- dare I say "troll"? -- stalked me and hacked into some of my personal information, I decided that this was too risky. Hence the anonymous email address.

So, yes, a few people know my Globe email. Among them is you, Sean. You are welcome to write me there at any time. But I insist that you speak to me in a respectful manner. You know what I'm talking about, and I will say no more about it out here.

I have been told that some comments in this thread are personal attacks and untrue, so I will try to read more and decide whether the thread needs to be taken down. If I think something else needs to be said, I will be back. No promises.

Lastly, we outsourced our comment moderation in April. Before that, it was part of my job to coordinate the scheduling of moderators and answer to higher-ups for how things were handled, but I no longer do that. Even as the "head monitor" (hence, "head Minotaur," thanks to Sallyhyphen), keeping tabs on Love Letters was always a special project on my part, never one of my "official" duties. I still try to help out. But if I walked away right now and never looked at LL again, nobody would dock my pay. Try to keep that in mind when you berate me, OK?

All right, one more thing: Some of you don't see bullying on LL, but I see it all the time, in lots of ways. Some of you think others aren't bullied about reporting abuse, but there are constant accusations at others for reporting abuse, denials of having done so, and apologies for it. To me, that says bullying.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4376881. Show user_4376881's posts

Unbelievable.  If this whole thread gets whacked because of one person's feathers being ruffled, then that is truly a damn shame and really speaks volumes as to who controls who around here.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaptainfriday. Show kaptainfriday's posts

I miss not having dial the area code for the area code I'm in.

I don't miss dialing 1, though.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Butterflyz. Show Butterflyz's posts

I will have to agree that overall, this has been a very respectful, if not particularly productive, conversation. I think these conversations are important to have even if they don't necessariy result in "change" so that people can feel that they have the ability to talk about how they feel about this place from time to time. It's a healthy vent when done respectfully, which again, I think was the case today.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.