Some Thoughts on The Blog

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trigger11. Show Trigger11's posts

Re: Some Thoughts on The Blog

From reading the whole thing as it happened all day it becomes very clear who it likely is too!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trigger11. Show Trigger11's posts

I joked about being snarky, but I didn't really say anything mean. I suppose a few specific remarks called out some people, so if it gets yanked I will have a good idea who has their knickers in a bunch. Reporting THIS discussion borders on some word I cannot think of at the moment. I gained insight and understanding to many of our differences and similarities and am gald I was in here, even if mostly out of sink. Thank you all!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trigger11. Show Trigger11's posts

In Response to Re: Some Thoughts on The Blog:
    [QUOTE]Also, HAPPY EARLY ANNIVERSARY BUTTERFLYZ: Butterflyz Posts: 76 First: 11/5/2010 Last: 11/4/2011
    Posted by Lily-[/QUOTE]

Hey! I noticed and was gonna point that out tomorrow. ;p

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trigger11. Show Trigger11's posts

What the...? Back to the past again? It shifted again while posting from my iPhone. One post is normal and the next is an hour behind.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ygren. Show ygren's posts

[QUOTE]  I have been told that some comments in this thread are personal attacks and untrue, so I will try to read more and decide whether the thread needs to be taken down.
    Some of you think others aren't bullied about reporting abuse, but there are constant accusations at others for reporting abuse, denials of having done so, and apologies for it. To me, that says bullying.
    Posted by BDCMod1[/QUOTE]

I hope that when you read this end-to-end you will not choose to take it down.

I've read it and seen ruffled feathers, toss-off sarcasm, clarification, and mostly civil discourse. There is some difference of opinion, to be sure; and some very spirited.

And I say this as nearly the thinnest-skinned woman on the planet who wears her heart on her sleeve and a former moderator of a lightning-rod forum on women's issues.

If someone has found offense in the string, I would dearly love to know where. Not who. I understand that this may not be allowable.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trigger11. Show Trigger11's posts

This should be on the current page, albeit the beginning? *rolls eyes*

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

wow, i missed alot today, but nice to see a potential bomb thread be an actual good discussion, whether all agree or disagree.
    would be nice if all played nicely, but it is all in one's delivery, and how you(the poster) conveys your message and understanding that your delivery might be interpretted differently than you expect. so, as i think  many of our parents had always reminded us, "think before you speak" or re-read before you press send. and then if the case may be, be ready for the unslaught or praise or just nothing and nice dialogue will hopefully ensue.
    either way, glad i missed all this til now and i hope everyone has a nice weekend

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hennymcpenny. Show hennymcpenny's posts

Finally, a comment box at 6:33 freeekin pm !!!!!

First -- Minnie, please don't take down this thread.  It's a good discussion and long overdue.  If someone feels there was a personal attack here, as in the main LL blog, then that person should just report abuse.  99% of the comments shouldn't be obliterated if 1% is believed to be mean; just remove the 1%.

Second -- I's it really bullying when someone gets called out on their shyt?  If you believe what you wrote but others don't and call you out on it, so what?  Just go tell everyone to kiss yo' shiney hiney and let it go.  People are way too sensitive.  No need to cry about it.  Sheesh, who cares whether you're lliked/disliked by the power posters?!

Third -- (self censored)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trigger11. Show Trigger11's posts

Well now I want to know what the third one was!!!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Butterflyz. Show Butterflyz's posts

Thanks Lily and Trigger!:) 

I'm surprised it's been that long, but then I rememered there was a long period in between then and now when I had stopped posting at all.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trigger11. Show Trigger11's posts

[QUOTE]I was too busy getting the sex to go to the college.  Oh well.
    Posted by Porkchop-[/QUOTE]

TMI, Dude!!! Yuck!!!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trigger11. Show Trigger11's posts

[QUOTE]Geez, I've been on bdc for -- I dunno -- 2 years or so, and apparently I'm not a regular because I am pretty sure that McRob has neither attacked nor defended me. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
    Posted by EnjoyEverySandwich[/QUOTE]

He's never defended me! ;p

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trigger11. Show Trigger11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Some Thoughts on The Blog : Porkchop, I though sex was the #1 reason to go to college. That's what I majored in freshman year, anyway. Which probably explains my first semester grades.
    Posted by EnjoyEverySandwich[/QUOTE]

I wish that as my excuse First Year!!! Then again, I was underage. My grades went up later when I was getting it regularly.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4376881. Show user_4376881's posts

[QUOTE]Who controls whom, porkchop.  That's ok, I know you didn't go to the college.
    Posted by JohnCocktosten[/QUOTE]

MOD!  PERSONAL ATTACK!  MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4376881. Show user_4376881's posts

[QUOTE]Eh, whom the hell cares?

I do, and I'm reporting abuse on you for trying to tell me you don't care about something that I care about.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

who = subject
    whom = object

Both are pronouns.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bzorn22. Show bzorn22's posts

[QUOTE]I miss my twentysomething metabolism.
    Posted by TwoCentDonation[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

[QUOTE]Are you sure about that Lils?  I think who is the subject in that sentence and whom is the object of the controlling.  Can we get RDG in here for a ruling?

I'm supervising a large herd of teenage fawns tonight, and am flat-out exhausted.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bzorn22. Show bzorn22's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Some Thoughts on The Blog : I'm supervising a large herd of teenage fawns tonight, and am flat-out exhausted.
    Posted by reindeergirl[/QUOTE]

You are a better man than I am.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4376881. Show user_4376881's posts

Joco is right.

Yes, I'll say it again.  Joco is right.  'Whom' is used when you're speaking about the object that the subject is acting on.