Some Thoughts on The Blog

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Right Said Ed. Show Right Said Ed's posts

Re: Some Thoughts on The Blog

I'd like to encourage everyone to keep posting here, at least until the number of comments exceeds that for today's letter.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

In Response to Re: Some Thoughts on The Blog:
    I'd like to encourage everyone to keep posting here, at least until the number of comments exceeds that for today's letter.
    Posted by Right Said Ed

But I'm too sexy for this thread.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JeepersCripes. Show JeepersCripes's posts

No Schlitz, she actually did ask for advice a couple days prior to her going into chat. And I gave the same exact advice then as I did when she outed herself.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JeepersCripes. Show JeepersCripes's posts

I agree lilz its nice when you can have actual debates with people without being called a bully or being chastised because you disagree with someone.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4376881. Show user_4376881's posts

This is a pleasantly snark free conversation. 
    Posted by Lily-

I can't think of any point where this conversation has turned snarky.  Maybe some of us don't see things the same way (Butterflyz?) but we're all discussing it very rationally and respectfully.

I would pity anyone who sees this as snarky, because they must be deeply insecure about themselves and their own arguments, which I'm sure are completely rational and well-informed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archangel Michael. Show Archangel Michael's posts

I see.  I miss second shift, I dunno what y'all do after hours.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Drama sharks like drama!  ~~~ >--^--:> ~~~ nomnomnom feeed meeee draaaamaaaaaa........

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoVa. Show MoVa's posts

Jeeps did you mean to do that?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from geoffmc4. Show geoffmc4's posts

I know the blog hasn't always been the way it is now, but the biggest thing I wonder about is what possessed some of you people to think it would be a good idea to actually meet in person?

Laughing

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

I think this has petered itself out.  I has to get works done.  :(

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archangel Michael. Show Archangel Michael's posts

I think the blog is a fascinating study in internet psychology.

(this is a sincere statement)

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JeepersCripes. Show JeepersCripes's posts

Yeah I am not an after hours after hours, just like 6p. I dont have special capabilities to post after I leave the office.

But she had come on and asked about what she should do about the situation. It was random and a bit weird.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Butterflyz. Show Butterflyz's posts

I certainly don't think this has been snarky, just the usual limitations of text based conversations. I do think that some of what I've said has not been taken the way it was intended and was taken away from the context of my first post, but eh, that's life.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JeepersCripes. Show JeepersCripes's posts

do what mova?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4376881. Show user_4376881's posts

Butterflyz I wasn't saying you were snarky, I'm just pointing out an example of rational discourse due to a disagreement.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Right Said Ed. Show Right Said Ed's posts

I know that BDC is locked into Demand Media/Pluck ... however, I wish that the blog would have a "thumbs up/thumbs down" feature like articles in the Herald. At least that way the "community at large" gets to weigh in on a love/hate basis. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4376881. Show user_4376881's posts

Eddie, I think that's a good idea.  Or, what would really be nice is accountability to "recommends".  It would be nice to know who recommended what comment -- I bet there would be a huge drop in the number of recommends.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoVa. Show MoVa's posts

I think you had used a real name. It is gone now.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trigger11. Show Trigger11's posts

Well, I fly off the handle every time someone says, "Boo!"

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Right Said Ed. Show Right Said Ed's posts

Chops, my town's little independent blog has a rating system (4-3-2-1-0) for comments, and each comment has a weighted rating average.  "Power users" (those who achieve a certain number of point ratings by other users) get an extra "bonus" feature of rating comments a "6" if it's awesome. You get to see who rated your comment, and what they rated it.  Works ok, but the blog is too small and too few people use the ratings to really provide a good picture of how it would work on a big, busy blog like this one.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

I think you had used a real name. It is gone now.
    Posted by MoVa

Just as a note, MoVa and others, if you call attention to a post that had an oopsie like that the situation is actually made worse.  Most lurkers wouldn't notice, but when you point it out......

Sections
Shortcuts