Some Thoughts on The Blog

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Re: Some Thoughts on The Blog

In Response to Re: Some Thoughts on The Blog:
    [QUOTE]I know the blog hasn't always been the way it is now, but the biggest thing I wonder about is what possessed some of you people to think it would be a good idea to actually meet in person?
    Posted by geoffmc4[/QUOTE]

A long time, Meredith held an event for LL, and a lot of regulars met there.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Right Said Ed. Show Right Said Ed's posts

>>> Can you imagine the meltdowns if folks received thumbs down here?

It might thin the herd a bit.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Right Said Ed. Show Right Said Ed's posts

RDG, is your avatar the late Marilyn Chambers?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

In the last year, I've actually mellowed significantly in that regard.
    ----

Pffffft.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

I think it would help the blog if we were able to ignore specific posters on the blog like here in the forums.  Having a killfile* goes a long way to avoiding drama.  If you don't see that nasty remark directed at you, you are unlikely to respond in kind and escalate the situation.

*Killfile is an old internet term for a place where e-mail/newsgroups posts from someone you don't like are sent.  It's like a spam filter.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ygren. Show ygren's posts

I have a question about sockpuppets.

People say "no he's real" I've met him.  How does this make any username/avatar less a sockpuppet?

I'm real whether I'm interacting as ygren or White_Raven or bean_sidhe. If you met me, I would be just as real regardless of what avatar you knew me as.

Aren't all of our avatars just projections and equally real?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Right Said Ed. Show Right Said Ed's posts

a "middle finger up" the what?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Wait, RDG found us?!?!  SCATTER!!!!  Everyone run to my mom's house!  She'll bake cake!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JeepersCripes. Show JeepersCripes's posts

Excellent point ygren. I think the difference here is, some people use sockpuppets to hide who they are so then they can go on the attack. Something they wouldnt have the guts to do as a "regular" because that person is known in real life now and wouldnt want a pile of_____ on their front porch. Its a way to create anonymity so you can attack, chastise, berate, etc....

Some also use it for humor as I did with SwampChick to flirt with Robbz who despises any kind of affection on here.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archangel Michael. Show Archangel Michael's posts

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

[QUOTE]I think it would help the blog if we were able to ignore specific posters on the blog like here in the forums. Posted by TwoCentDonation[/QUOTE]

This has been mentioned and discussed.  I don't think anything came of it.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archangel Michael. Show Archangel Michael's posts

[QUOTE]I think it would help the blog if we were able to ignore specific posters on the blog like here in the forums. [/QUOTE]

You can do this "manually," if you will.  There are some people I just don't read.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4376881. Show user_4376881's posts

Well, okay, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

[QUOTE]I have a question about sockpuppets. People say "no he's real" I've met him.  How does this make any username/avatar less a sockpuppet? Posted by ygren[/QUOTE]

Because when you get to know people under one name and establish an identity, switching to another name is like going to your local coffeehouse in a disguise, or calling someone and pretending you don't know them.

I see your point.  'Diamondgirl' is certainly not on my birth certificate.

And this is kind of a grey area for some - it is so easy to characterize everything that happens online as imaginary anyway.

But there is emerging a sort of feeling of distrust surrounding people who present as one way online, and then change to another without disclosing it.  Presumably the intent is to deceive.  Which people don't like.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JeepersCripes. Show JeepersCripes's posts

I would be all for a middle finger, thumbs up or down. But it should be only one. I dont think my ego could take 177 middle fingers recommends.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ygren. Show ygren's posts

ahhh.

So because none of you has had FTF time with me I am free to let give my inner Sybil free rein?

Cool.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Right Said Ed. Show Right Said Ed's posts

>>>  Well, okay, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

You know, this is why people should watch Lebowski at least 50 times. The first viewing, I didn't even crack a smile at this line. Now I find it one of the most hilarious in American film. Just brilliant.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JeepersCripes. Show JeepersCripes's posts

Totally ygren. Let it role. Then you can back the next day as a totally normal person.