Some Thoughts on The Blog

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trigger11. Show Trigger11's posts

Re: Some Thoughts on The Blog

In Response to Re: Some Thoughts on The Blog:
    [QUOTE]I'm not trying to stifle you - you mentioned a few days ago that when you start to get ranty and delve too deeply into the "oversharing" department that you wish someone would let you know.  I was trying to do that there, hell maybe we could even consider it an olive branch of sorts. I'm not saying you're oversharing up there, but it's close, or at least heading in that direction.
    Posted by Porkchop-[/QUOTE]

I thought it was implied in my response, but I will say it specifically to make sure it is clear. Thank you! I get your meaning. I am just pointing out that I am filtering stuff. Although I have filtered some of my other stuff too that was perceived as too far. Imaginee if I hadn't. Okay! Don't do that. For the record, I am not ashamed of my issues and have no problem speaking publicly because having Asperger's Syndrome, possibly being depressed, and being someone who has contemplated suicide and witnessed it I feel it is important and helpful to share and help some who may not understand such issues get a better perspective on them. I have also worked with teenagers online for this stuff as well as with kids with other issues/disablities in person. Not directed at you, but some people get uncomfortable talking about this kind of stuff.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trigger11. Show Trigger11's posts

Naw! I tried to fix some typos but my iPhone wouldn't process them in this dialog box, so I fixed it in Notes and had to resubmit it and then deleted the original with the typos.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4376881. Show user_4376881's posts

I don't think you should be ashamed of your issues, but you're right.  It makes some people uncomfortable to read this stuff.  You know how much you are filtering, and a few of the more perceptive folks here probably get a sense of how much too - but there are a lot of people who will not give you such a benefit, for whatever their own reasons are.

*For the record, my youngest sister has Asperger's.  I understand how it is to interact and live with an Aspie, so maybe when you read things that I say going forward that can be taken into account, or not.  Your choice.  ---that wasn't meant to sound harsh.  It's late and I'm going to try to sleep now.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Andy Rooney has passed. The real Andy Rooney. RIP.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Some Thoughts on The Blog : Reposting and highlighting for those who need to see this.
    Posted by Lily-[/QUOTE]

Lily-, I just wanted to mention that the reason MInnie didn't see any problematic posts were because a very large number of posts had already been removed.  I'm assuming that either some folks deleted their own posts or (more likely, since more than one commenters' posts were missing) those posts were removed by the outsourced moderators.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

Jazzy:  I just wanted to say that I'm really enjoying your posts today.

ANd I hope this comment arrives in real time, as my last post showed up a couple of pages back.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

:::::sigh:::::::

(at 10:20, not 9:20)

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JazzyJtotheILL. Show JazzyJtotheILL's posts

Hi Lily... today's the big fenway wedding and it's gonna be cold as schnit out but checking in before I head off for the day .. 

I agree we should be careful of the word bullying.. BUT, quite honestly.. I think that's up to the "victim" of the bullying. 

Personally - when I first started commenting on this blog (you weren't even a regular back then) I had said something that set EVERYONE off (oh hai, Meredith) and then people jumped all over me. ALL over me. I personally put a face to a "Screen name".. it's like animals - I can't eat it if it's been named. I think that's pretty darn common. So when regulars started flipping out on me and saying nasty things, I felt immediately defensive and started flame throwing myself (isn't that a natural response). I let it get to the point where Mr. Jazz would have to come pick me up after work because I was so upset I didn't want to get on the train, I didn't want to be home alone, I didn't want to be in my car and have the ability to train wreck it. He thought "woah, where did my girlfriend go and who's this crazy chic that took over her body??"

As sad as it sounds - sometimes these blogs DO push people over the edge, because yes, people have so much going on in their own personal lives that one more thing is just the one more thing needed to push them. Does it really absolve PEOPLE, HUMAN BEINGS from being responsible for their own actions, their own words, just because someone is already that close to the edge??? 

Do I think that we create bigger issues than need be? Yes, I do. But two years ago I was in a place that was very unsettling, very depressing.. I came on the blog and after getting into it (i hold my own responsibility for this too, I am in no way "innocent" here) with the others.. I honestly had some really really bad thoughts in my head. I turned into a different person. Fortunately I have a very supportive system behind me and they were able to help me see that a blog was not worth it. Do I think it's stupid now? Of course I do, but I wasn't in a good frame of mind to begin with, so I couldn't see clearly. Guess what? That happens more than we think it does. 

My point is - bullying can't really be defined by those on the side of the offending. Much like most things - it's perspective. If I think I'm being bullied, and I've expressed this and asked for it to stop but it does not, then yes I'm being bullied. 

At the end of the day - would you (general you) think it was ok to be sitting in a room full of people shouting obscenities at you, calling you fat, ugly, an idiot, moron, etc.. but because they have masks on - it doesn't make them "people". it doesn't make it as hurtful. 

People use the internet as their means to be angry and mean because they won't necessarily do it in person. Most people here - in person are all "angels".. very very nice people. But on the internet - not a chance.

I don't know. I can appreciate everyone's point of views here..and I'm quite good friends with a lot of people on here now, funny thing - especially those that I was getting into it with at first. 

But I think it's very important to at least be aware that what you say can affect people in different ways. I'm not saying to change, just be aware and be a little more sensitive to it. 

thats all :)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JazzyJtotheILL. Show JazzyJtotheILL's posts

ew.. that's a long post i have up there isn't it LMAO... i think i should go back to smelling like cheese and looking like an umpa lumpa (don't ever get spray tanned)

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4376881. Show user_4376881's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Some Thoughts on The Blog : I find this comment highly disrespectful.
    Posted by Corporate-Hippie-Chick[/QUOTE]

But is it true?

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.