Some Thoughts on The Blog

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Re: Some Thoughts on The Blog

But that comment was eaten by my phone.
    ----

Maybe your phone could eat your phone, as this seems to be "gang up on CHC day." I don't blame that on Steve Jobs, I blame it on the nature of the blog, and b.com, with its uneven moderation.

Did it feel good to you to tell her that "people disagree with [CHC] a lot ..." ? I guess it does amongst the Schmoopy Barstool Mafia.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

In Response to Re: Some Thoughts on The Blog:
    [QUOTE]The worst part about these forums is that people can post things and then they can unpost things.  ====================== I'd say the worst part is that people can post things.
    Posted by JohnCocktosten[/QUOTE]

Only when it gets all Schmoopy in LL.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Schmoopying.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

LILY- - SCHMOOPY!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DryHumor. Show DryHumor's posts

[QUOTE]But that comment was eaten by my phone. ---- Maybe your phone could eat your phone, as this seems to be "gang up on CHC day." I don't blame that on Steve Jobs, I blame it on the nature of the blog, and b.com, with its uneven moderation. Did it feel good to you to tell her that "people disagree with [CHC] a lot ..." ? I guess it does amongst the Schmoopy Barstool Mafia.
    Posted by reindeergirl[/QUOTE]
    I blame it on the people that are too gutless to use their real name when attacking someone

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

What's your real name, DryHumor?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Some Thoughts on The Blog : I blame it on the people that are too gutless to use their real name when attacking someone
    Posted by DryHumor[/QUOTE]

Precious.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

[QUOTE]My real name is Padma Lakshmi. Is your's Red Wine?
    Posted by Sally-[/QUOTE]

It must be. Because "DryHumor" has no sense of humor.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Oy.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Lily-,

Come over to LL and talk with us about IHOP and good manners amongst families and dining solo. Srsly.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ursulagirl. Show Ursulagirl's posts

LL has had times of complete snark, times of complete domination by the so-called cool kids, times of hug fests and times of flat out bullying. It will continue to make the rounds of human behavior as long as it lasts. People come and go, and sometimes (yes only sometimes) it is brilliant.

I read though these 31 pages to see where the discussion would go. I hope that next week some lurkers chime in to comment on the commentors. 

Peace out folks.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bzorn22. Show bzorn22's posts

I'm just happy I am in the right time zone now. But then again I am easy.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hollygolitely-. Show hollygolitely-'s posts

Hi bzorn, did you say you were easy?  i think not!  glad we are both back in the same time zone finally............. now if only all the other blog issues could be fixed...........

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trigger11. Show Trigger11's posts

Testing Time Warp!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trigger11. Show Trigger11's posts

Seem to be correctly posting via Wi-Fi!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trigger11. Show Trigger11's posts

3G Test @ 1436

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from wizen. Show wizen's posts

I hate to see anyone getting ganged up on, and I also hate to see the blog get "blogged down" with petty differences.  I think most of the people here bring something of value to the table, and that comes in many different forms.  

Sometimes the snarky comments force you to look at a problem in a new light.  

Sometimes personal experience brings some nuance.  Sometimes it just serves to make today's letter about the commenter.  Again.  

Sometimes the in-jokes are funny.  Sometimes they are exclusionary.  

Sometimes a comment is condescending.  Other times it's just true.  Sometimes a comment is perceived negatively because it's meant that way.  Other times it's all the perception of the reader.  Flip a coin.  

I don't always have time to read every comment, so I frequently don't find out what happened on the blog till later.  Usually if I see a comment that crosses the line into a personal attack or an -ism, I will hit the report button, but that's pretty rare.  And if I do see something, by the time I catch up to real time, it's been resolved, and my comment won't serve any real purpose.  And now that I've been posting an hour into the past, maybe I can do some real good.  LOL  

People are going to continue to be whom they are, I try not to take any of it too personally.