Some Thoughts on The Blog

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Right Said Ed. Show Right Said Ed's posts

Re: Some Thoughts on The Blog

My workplace has a strict No Sandwich Euphemisms policy. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

In Response to Re: Some Thoughts on The Blog:
    [QUOTE]My workplace has a strict No Sandwich Euphemisms policy. 
    Posted by Right Said Ed[/QUOTE]

Whaa??

Was it something I said??

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JeepersCripes. Show JeepersCripes's posts

I cant believe this discussion is still going on.

Look, people know what to expect from this blog. The regulars anyway. You say something asinine or a bit too snarky and people will call you out. You have the choice to either engage in that or not. The more you react, the more you are engaging. There are people here that are sensitive, and when they feel its getting too much, they bow out. Quietly, not making some dramatic exit. There are times I leave because the comments are getting to be too ridonkulous. 

YOU make the choice to come in here and join in the ever loving debalce that is LL. So to sit there and complain, makes no sense. you dont like it, make your comment to the LW and leave. Easy Peasy. You want to join in the banter, great, we are NOT cliquey and there are NO COOL KIDS. Someone makes a comment to you that you dont like, that YOU think is too snarky or you feel is too nasty, ignore it. Because trust me, they will get bored of it when they realize you are not responding :) And despite all the time we spend here, we are pretty smart. We can kind of figure out who can handle the joshing around and who cant. But when you come in here screaming for attention and you get it, dont then complain.

If you want to be coddeled, fussed over, made queen for the day, join the FOOL group. This place is NOT going to do that for you. We have days here where I cant believe that we, as a group of complete strangers, can be so thoughtful and kind. There are days where its Kindergarten at recess and Sally- is crushing on Chuppz and socks him in the jaw to show her affection. It is what it is.

But let me say this, the more people complain, the more condensending people get, the more the lectures come from other posters, the more snarky this place will get. Personally, I have very muchly toned down my snark. And I am always kind to the LW's. I have the e-mails from them to prove it. And I will say this, you want to try and engage me in your little banter or whatever, rest assured you will get it back.

PS- I did ask that MOD remove my original comment, not because it wasnt true, because it was most certainly FACT. But for the sake of the thread.

Youre Welcome My Subjects.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Montyy. Show Montyy's posts

[QUOTE]Or maybe JC, after dealing with the crap of real life, the last thing you want to deal with is some anonymous azz on the internet who has nothing better to do than pick at you when you're trying to divert yourself on a blog. 
    Posted by Butterflyz[/QUOTE]

I really like this thought.   I know that I read LL and a good chunk of the comments to take a break from work related emails, phone calls, conference calls etc.   I find the negativity annoying - even when its not directed at me.   I like the humor, the good advice, the personal stories from those that that can especially relate to LW's, and a tiny bit of the banter.       I'm not sure what the meanies get out of being mean (ok, I am at times snarky with the LW's - but sometimes they deserve a little snark).    I think LL would be a more enjoyable place if most people directed most of their comments to the LW's.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JazzyJtotheILL. Show JazzyJtotheILL's posts

[QUOTE]I cant believe this discussion is still going on. Look, people know what to expect from this blog. The regulars anyway. You say something asinine or a bit too snarky and people will call you out. You have the choice to either engage in that or not. The more you react, the more you are engaging. There are people here that are sensitive, and when they feel its getting too much, they bow out. Quietly, not making some dramatic exit. There are times I leave because the comments are getting to be too ridonkulous.  YOU make the choice to come in here and join in the ever loving debalce that is LL. So to sit there and complain, makes no sense. you dont like it, make your comment to the LW and leave. Easy Peasy. You want to join in the banter, great, we are NOT cliquey and there are NO COOL KIDS. Someone makes a comment to you that you dont like, that YOU think is too snarky or you feel is too nasty, ignore it. Because trust me, they will get bored of it when they realize you are not responding :) And despite all the time we spend here, we are pretty smart. We can kind of figure out who can handle the joshing around and who cant. But when you come in here screaming for attention and you get it, dont then complain. If you want to be coddeled, fussed over, made queen for the day, join the FOOL group. This place is NOT going to do that for you. We have days here where I cant believe that we, as a group of complete strangers, can be so thoughtful and kind. There are days where its Kindergarten at recess and Sally- is crushing on Chuppz and socks him in the jaw to show her affection. It is what it is. But let me say this, the more people complain, the more condensending people get, the more the lectures come from other posters, the more snarky this place will get. Personally, I have very muchly toned down my snark. And I am always kind to the LW's. I have the e-mails from them to prove it. And I will say this, you want to try and engage me in your little banter or whatever, rest assured you will get it back. PS- I did ask that MOD remove my original comment, not because it wasnt true, because it was most certainly FACT. But for the sake of the thread. Youre Welcome My Subjects.
    Posted by Jeepers-Cripes[/QUOTE]

You really know how to cheer the place up don't ya LOL

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4376881. Show user_4376881's posts

My jaw hurts.  Thanks a lot Sally-.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JeepersCripes. Show JeepersCripes's posts

I know lilz, right?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4376881. Show user_4376881's posts

Führer means "leader" in German, doesn't it?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from McBostonrob. Show McBostonrob's posts

[QUOTE]we are NOT cliquey and there are NO COOL KIDS[/QUOTE]

Jeeps, I'm going to go with false, true. 
    We've gone back and forth on this personally and it's been discussed here by just about everybody ad nauseum, so I guess we'll just agree to disagree, but I have to say that LL is a cliquey place. 
    Happily we can agree to agree that there are no cool kids here. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Right Said Ed. Show Right Said Ed's posts

If you're in my clique, I will kick you the f out.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4376881. Show user_4376881's posts

Complaining about cliques is dumb and trite, whether there are or aren't.

Of course some people are going to naturally gravitate towards each other.  That's just the way it is.  

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JazzyJtotheILL. Show JazzyJtotheILL's posts

[QUOTE]Complaining about cliques is dumb and trite, whether there are or aren't. Of course some people are going to naturally gravitate towards each other.  That's just the way it is.  
    Posted by Porkchop-[/QUOTE]

Just like arguing about what is bullying and what isn't bullying right?

So then. what's the point of this forum again? LOL

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from McBostonrob. Show McBostonrob's posts

Porkshop, I think that when the cliques are so dominant that their interactions with themselves function to exlcude the participation of others, then it's a valid complaint. 
    Many valid complaints are dumb and trite, but that doesn't mean there isn't some truth to them. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JeepersCripes. Show JeepersCripes's posts

Thats ok Robbz, your opinion. Which even though its not validation tuesday, I respect. It was more of a sarcastic comment.

However, I dont see  real cliques. I see that people get along with some, and not others. That doesnt make it a clique. 

Not cliques, just two rival gangs ;) The greasers and the socs.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4376881. Show user_4376881's posts

I thought the "bully" discussion was a debate, to be quite honest.  It's pointless to debate about cliques, because of course there are cliques - there are people who naturally associate with each other because we're all of differing personalities, viewpoints, preferences, etc, etc, etc.

I'm in every clique because you all secretly love me.  Except Sally- of course.  She blatantly loves me.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4376881. Show user_4376881's posts

McRob are you upset because you didn't get a mug with your face on it?  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JeepersCripes. Show JeepersCripes's posts

NO CHUPPZ!!!! I will NOT slum myself into a clique. I am in a gang. From the wrong side of the tracks, but we have the coolest cars.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4376881. Show user_4376881's posts

By the way, that's just my opinion, that it's pointless to debate about cliques.  Just like most of the comments here are just opinions.  Except for the facts, like "porkchop is a pretty righteous dude"

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JeepersCripes. Show JeepersCripes's posts

Cliques vs Groups and Envy vs Jealousy are the same argument to me. One is a negative connotation and not for me.

Sections
Shortcuts