Some Thoughts on The Blog

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JazzyJtotheILL. Show JazzyJtotheILL's posts

Re: Some Thoughts on The Blog

I'm all for debating about anything and everything. I was just saying some people were saying - it was pointless to say what is bullying and what isn't ..so I'm just playing right along with yas.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JeepersCripes. Show JeepersCripes's posts

I'm never nice. Can I interest you in a Coca-Cola or a 7-Up?

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JeepersCripes. Show JeepersCripes's posts

You can't win. You know that, don't you? It doesn't matter if you whip us, you'll still be where you were before, at the bottom. And we'll still be the lucky ones at the top with all the breaks. It doesn't matter. Greasers will still be Greasers and Socs will still be Socs. It doesn't matter.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JeepersCripes. Show JeepersCripes's posts

I am responsible for what I say. I am NOT responsible for what you understand.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4376881. Show user_4376881's posts

I thought "porkshop" was a typo, but I hope it sticks around - that amuses me.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JazzyJtotheILL. Show JazzyJtotheILL's posts

In Response to Re: Some Thoughts on The Blog:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Some Thoughts on The Blog : Jazzy - I went on the FB to send you a private message.  I wanted to thank you again for putting your story out there and raising awareness of the 'one last straw' effect.
    Posted by Corporate-Hippie-Chick[/QUOTE]

Thank you :) I did not receive it. But I appreciate you're recognition.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from McBostonrob. Show McBostonrob's posts

It was a typo yesterday, but it amuses me too.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JeepersCripes. Show JeepersCripes's posts

You guys are three of the bravest kids I've seen in a long time. What are you guys? Professional heroes or somethin'?

We're Greasers.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JeepersCripes. Show JeepersCripes's posts

When I stepped out,into the bright sunlight from the darkness of the movie house,I had only two things on my mind: Paul Newman,and a ride home.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

[QUOTE] I DO withdraw from conflict and my threshold for mean comments is much lower than most.  If that makes other angry, so be it.  It's a conditioned response from a childhood environment where the only way to avoid getting punched was to back away whenever emotions get involved.
    Posted by Corporate-Hippie-Chick[/QUOTE]

While you're initial reaction is understandable given your background, you are not going to get punched here.  Flamed, maybe, but not punched.  Yes, words can hurt, but I would hope you can see the difference between a bunch of smart alecks on the internet and the physcial abusers from your childhood.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

Self-protection is a powerful reflex.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

[QUOTE]No way to ketchup on this thread.
    Posted by kaptainfriday[/QUOTE]

No kidding.  I thought it was all talked out on Friday by 5 PM or so.  Sheesh....  Don't you people have better things to do on the weekend? ;)

Or maybe people have invested waaay more of themselves on this blog than I have.

*shrug*

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

[QUOTE] YOU make the choice to come in here and join in the ever loving debalce that is LL. So to sit there and complain, makes no sense. you dont like it, make your comment to the LW and leave. Easy Peasy. You want to join in the banter, great, we are NOT cliquey and there are NO COOL KIDS. Someone makes a comment to you that you dont like, that YOU think is too snarky or you feel is too nasty, ignore it. [/QUOTE]

Agree, jeepers.  I can only assume these are the people who think the Catholic Church should change their rules to let priests marry.  Um, that's called being an Episcopalian.  Or the people who think the Boy Scouts should let girls in.  That's why there are Girl Scouts.  Or the people who think that if they bring their children to a bar, the other patrons should not swear.  Um, you brought a child to an adult place.

The world is full of people who want everyone else to change to make them confortable.  They are the same people who think that you can marry a man and change him to make him be someone else.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Right Said Ed. Show Right Said Ed's posts

Yeah, and they're the same people who want men to be able to marry other men. Ew, as if that would ever happen.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4376881. Show user_4376881's posts

'cause we're the three best friends that anyone could have

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JeepersCripes. Show JeepersCripes's posts

Four of us wolves, running around the desert together, in Las Vegas, looking for strippers and cocaine. So tonight, I make a toast!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from a3888b5accef493a59715074b2eb8c72. Show a3888b5accef493a59715074b2eb8c72's posts

"Someone makes a comment to you that you dont like, that YOU think is too snarky or you feel is too nasty, ignore it."

While I actually agree with this, I want to ask a question:

If one follows this advice and is just ignoring any post they don't like, then can one ever feel "attacked"?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

"Yeah, and they're the same people who want men to be able to marry other men. Ew, as if that would ever happen. "

In fact, they are not.  There is a very important distinction there.  Civil rights as a citizen of the United States versus trying to get people to change their own reasonable behavior to accomodate your wishes.

Should the government force the Catholic Church to allow two men to marry?  Hell, no.  Their house, their rules.  Like you can't smoke in Fenway Park.  Their house, their rules.  It's like the blog.  You can't ask other people who are doing something allowable under house rules to stop because you personally don't like it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from StormyMonsoon. Show StormyMonsoon's posts

Hi, Lily!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

BUT - if the institution who controls the environment you are in forbids it, you have to respect it.  The bar says you can't smoke, have sex on the floor in front of the bar, or throw darts at the wall, you have to respect that.  But if you go in there and are mad that other people are drinking, swearing and hitting on the bartendress, well, you are SOL.  You can't make them stop by whining about it.  The bar allows it, it is okay.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Right Said Ed. Show Right Said Ed's posts

DG, simply because a rule exists is not a reason to not seek change. The Catholic Church has bent around a whole bunch of previously silly rules due to the findings of "science" ... making a case for change based on logic and reason shouldn't be limited to cases where peoples rights are at stake. Hell, I spent dozens of hours changing the way soccer tryouts were run in my hometown after receiving the message "that's the way it's always been done and that's the way we do it." Their house, their rules, right?