Some Thoughts on The Blog

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Re: Some Thoughts on The Blog

'Do you know what they've got waiting for you at Bologna? Ha! Ha! They've got the new Lepage glue gun. It glues a whole formation of planes together in mid-air.'

My GOD!  It's true!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archangel Michael. Show Archangel Michael's posts

Yossarian should have upgraded to a B-17.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

Summa already copped to being the Rooster anyway :)

I didn't get to read this entire thread, but I think it was an important one.

I may not always agree with everyone, and of course it's kind of human nature to gravitate toward the people you have something in common with - and "clans" are the negative result of that, I suppose...I know I'm not everyone's favorite or anything...and I do have the bad habit of poking my nose in to mediate if I feel one of my friends is afraid to address an issue and is stewing about it and "ready to quit". 

I agree that people who are unfamiliar with the raw nature of online fora tend to take some of this stuff way too seriously and allow themselves to feel "bullied" instead of walking away to let things cool off, or have a tendency to not let squabbles die a natural death and keep picking at the scabs, bringing up past hurts.  Online interaction by nature is much more spontaneous and "what someone is thinking" rather than being couched in manners.  I truly enjoy it for that.  People will say things they really feel online that they could never bring themselves to say in person.

Heck sometimes you just have to walk away for good if you find things eating at you.

For the record, the only post I have ever reported (aside from ones that inadvertently contained "real" names) was the one that attacked MoVa out of the blue - the whole cat thing.  I found myself feeling physically ill at how that whole thing played out that day, and I felt it necessary.  But that's just me and my reaction, no more, no less.  It was not as some part of a "let's all do this" thing.  

I stand by the "be excellent to each other" philosophy.  I love all of you people, even if you don't love me back :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

Holy stream of consciousness, Batman!

sorry.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StormyMonsoon. Show StormyMonsoon's posts

In Response to Re: Some Thoughts on The Blog:
    [QUOTE]It really makes my day that Adam Levine knows my name.
    Posted by Lily-[/QUOTE]

He does. He really does.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JeepersCripes. Show JeepersCripes's posts

I would totally be ok if Jason Statham knew my name.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Empire-In-Ashes. Show Empire-In-Ashes's posts

1. Hi, boycotting are we?

2. I would like to know what this reference to someone getting fired is. I'm bored and despite what you may think, I do love to hear about disaster.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

[QUOTE]1. Hi, boycotting are we? 2. I would like to know what this reference to someone getting fired is. I'm bored and despite what you may think, I do love to hear about disaster.
    Posted by Empire-In-Ashes[/QUOTE]

EIA, lets just say there was a conversation going on in the forum about 2 yrs ago.I was a participant in the conversation. SSBM and I got a little suggestive in a shower scene conversation. which was inappropriate and should NEVER have happened.
    IT WAS WRONG.
    his boss saw his computer conversation and was immediately fired.

i still feel badly for contributing to his being fired...i wish i could have taken it all back...and have never crossed that line again...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from McBostonrob. Show McBostonrob's posts

1. I don't particpate in things.

2. A few regulars had a virtual three-way in here one day.  The next day one of them reported that he was fired for it, and I don't think we ever heard from him again. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Empire-In-Ashes. Show Empire-In-Ashes's posts

Wow that is rough to say the least.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

yes, and nothing else needs to be mentioned as it was NOT appropriate and caused many people to feel awkward...
    i apologized then and will again, im sorry. but no need to bring up the past...
    as many say here, its done and in the pasat, lets move on...

g'night all

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JeepersCripes. Show JeepersCripes's posts

Hey, at least I have never gotten anyone fired!!!  ;)

moment of levity!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Empire-In-Ashes. Show Empire-In-Ashes's posts

There's still time.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JeepersCripes. Show JeepersCripes's posts

Is that a challenge EIA?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Empire-In-Ashes. Show Empire-In-Ashes's posts

As long as it's not me

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archangel Michael. Show Archangel Michael's posts

Emps is so bummed that she missed the blog's most uncomfortable moment of all time.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archangel Michael. Show Archangel Michael's posts

[QUOTE]but no need to bring up the past... as many say here, its done and in the pasat, lets move on... g'night all
    Posted by backbaybabe[/QUOTE]

Wait, WHAT?  Who got done in a Passat?

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4376881. Show user_4376881's posts

I was interviewing for a job that I'm going to turn down.

Wait, Summa was the Rooster? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

[QUOTE]I was interviewing for a job that I'm going to turn down. Wait, Summa was the Rooster? 
    Posted by Porkchop-[/QUOTE]

The rooster was male, right? I thought the rooster had a man-crush on daveh, but daveh was too obtuse to pick up on it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4376881. Show user_4376881's posts

That's perverse.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4376881. Show user_4376881's posts

I'm waiting patiently for all the outrage.

Sections
Shortcuts