Some Thoughts on The Blog

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JeepersCripes. Show JeepersCripes's posts

Re: Some Thoughts on The Blog

This place is a walking hypocrisy. I have been saying that for a while.

But I also think people way overreact. I have been thoroughly ripped a new one because someone didnt like or understand a snarky post I made. If you dont like it or dont agree with it, you can still be respectful.

And for the record, I have never been outright mean or malicious to any LW. In fact,  I have received quite a few e-mails from LW's lately. I think that pretty much speaks for itself. My issues with other commentors is something all together different. And pretty much unless I am specifically targeted, I am not even mean or nasty to them. Snarky? Yep. So except for a couple that continously act holier than thou with all their fakeness, I am a pretty nice to everyone.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4376881. Show user_4376881's posts

"Bullied" is an over-used phrase.

Anyone who has been bullied in real-life would never term anything done on here as "bullying".

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

In Response to Re: Some Thoughts on The Blog:
    so your solution is for someone to leave the blog if they are being attacked or bullied as you put it. That is like telling the teenager in HS to not go to school if he/she doesn't want to be picked on. The bad guys/girls win right????? I haven't been posting long enough to be bullied yet but I have seen it and I don't  believe the solution is to tell the person being attacked to leave and never come back. What does that solve? In Response to Re: Some Thoughts on The Blog :
    Posted by DryHumor

As a matter of fact, the analogy is more like; if there is a movie on HBO you don't want to watch, you should change the channel to Spike or something, until the movie you don't like is over, and a new, hopefully better movie is on.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Hey, hey - I did ask Butterfly for a solution. 

So let's be our solution, Butterfly.  I get called a waffler and a fence sitter on the blog occasionally, but I have found that winding down the conflict takes a willingness to comepltely ignore the fact that you privately think one of the combatants is being a doofus.  For a while we had the 'Do Not Engage' policy going.  Time to bring it back?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archangel Michael. Show Archangel Michael's posts

People change the channel to Spike?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ygren. Show ygren's posts

I have to say that there are times when I need diagrams ...

Sure it gets snarky from time to time.  And sure I don't much like it when I'm mis-quoted and then flayed for what I didn't say.

But not a big deal. If I'm feeling fragile I will take a break.

In a previous life I moderated an online forum that makes LL look like a TeleTubbies LoveFest on Prozac.

But a cheat sheet would help. Getting smacked when I didn't know I'd waded into a feud made me feel as dumb as a rock.Embarassed

[Not that it's anyone's job to make me feel brilliant ...]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Butterflyz. Show Butterflyz's posts

Lily & Zept. That's fine if you think there is no solution or need for a "solution" and I also started off in this thread saying that there's always the option of leaving, but I think those that offer criticism of this place are often dismissed. I think there are good natured people who overall think this place is fun, but still see that it could be better, and I don't think that's ever a bad thing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JeepersCripes. Show JeepersCripes's posts

YOU PEOPLE ARE NOT LISTENING TO ME!!!!!!!!

Agree with Lilz, there is no solution. You can only be responsible for yourself. If you dont like the tone of the blog than leave. Nothing is keeping you here. You arent required to stay. Its YOUR choice. Pull up your big girl panties and either ignore it, snark back or leave.

Kind of like going to a hockey game. If you dont like the fights, the punching each other, the tossing of beers, then leave and go to a Celtics game. Oh wait, the snobs are still arguing about how many more millions they want. Never mind. Go to the ballet instead.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4376881. Show user_4376881's posts

In Response to Re: Some Thoughts on The Blog:
    Butterflyz wrote I think there are good natured people who overall think this place is fun, but still see that it could be better, and I don't think that's ever a bad thing. ================= That's great if people think that way. All I ask is that those people recognize and accept that not everyone feels or should feel that way.
    Posted by Zeptember

And nor should anyone be apologetic for not feeling that way.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Schlippo, I didn't change our tv OFF Spike for about a year and a half.  It was a steady stream of Mob, Star Wars, Clint Eastwood and Rocky movies, and endless CSI reruns.  I saw no reason to watch anything else.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Seebell. Show Seebell's posts

As for the MP person - I honestly didn't get to read much - I only pop in here & jump in and don't have the time to read what everyone's been talking about.  All I got from poppin in here now & then was He/MP seemed very smitton with DG - and it bored me silly with the same acknowledging back & forth with them.  So actually I HAVE NOOOOOOOOO IDEA about anything else he ever said and I wouldn't read it cause it was soooooooo redundant.  It was always the same ole same ole - and when he said he was leaving - I honestly thought he was DG's sockpuppet, and if I was wrong then I am sorry.  I shouldn't have rushed to judgement.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

:(

I thought there were 60,000 lurkers.  You mean I am not really famous?

(sad)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ygren. Show ygren's posts

"When did offending someone become a crime against humanity?"

Offending me is not a crime.

I do wish, though, that mentioning an offense or that I felt a line was crossed weren't met with "well, you could always LEEEAVE."

Criminy.

It's not like I'm telling people stop it. Or like I'm about to flounce off in a snit.

Between friends, even virtual ones, it should be OK to say "Too far," treat them like grown-ups and let them choose whether to step it back a notch.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JeepersCripes. Show JeepersCripes's posts

Butterflyz, in life we always strive to be better. However, you seem to forget this is a blog, with myriads of personalities that ebb and flow day in and day out. Controlling that is like trying to control the weather. It will never happen. And the more people try and control it, the worse it will get because adults, dont like to be motherhenned. If you make a nasty and disgusting comments, it will be removed. Stop complaining about why it was removed. You can either continue taunting the mods, or you can not post nasty and disgusting things. That is your choice. Not mine, not Lilz, not DGz, not anyones.

The complaining bit is getting wicked old. If you dont like what you are reading, then dont read it. Its not as complicated as you are trying to make it out to be.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from geoffmc4. Show geoffmc4's posts

It would seem that the solution has been stumbled upon by accident. Start a discussion forum about behavior on the blog.....then everyone gets too wrapped up in that, and they don't post on the blog.

What?............... 

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Butterflyz. Show Butterflyz's posts

Again, I'm not trying to put forward one singular overriding blog policy, or control anyone, or objectively once and for all define "bad behavior" or what would make the blog "better." But since I doubt there is a single person here who really believes this place is perfect, that inherently means it could better and putting forward fair criticism or ideas for improvement should not be out of hand dismissed for being pointless, especially when the complaints are often the same.

Sections
Shortcuts