Some Thoughts on The Blog

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archangel Michael. Show Archangel Michael's posts

Re: Some Thoughts on The Blog

I wish i could have given MP a bro-hug on the way out.  Damn you, National Grid!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Geoff, MP is not a sockpuppet.  He has met people from the blog.  He is a real person.  Your conjecture is not totally out of line, but it happens to be false in this case.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JeepersCripes. Show JeepersCripes's posts

I get that butterflyz, and I get that you were responding to DG's question about a solution. I think the point is, there is no solution. People take responsibility for their own comments. I have for sure gone to far at times or even possibly hurt someones feelings. I own that and I apologize for it. I have also been constantly harrased and attacked, yet have never recived an apology for that. Which is fine. Again, you own your own behavior, comments, etc...

As I stated before, the tone of this blog is always changing. Right now it seems to have gotten a little more mean spirited because people are chastising and being passive agressive with their comments, acting sanctimounious, etc..... The last thing this place needs are henpeckers. We arent grade school children even though we act like it at times. Eventually the snark and whatever will wear out its welcome and we'll move on to another tone. But the more people attempt to call it out, the more defensive people will get and the nastier the place will become.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from McBostonrob. Show McBostonrob's posts

In Response to Re: Some Thoughts on The Blog:
    [QUOTE]I thought you said 'defriended,' mcrob, not 'defended,' and I freaked out and checked my Facebook.
    Posted by diamondgirl[/QUOTE]

Silly DG, I'd never defriend you.  How will I be able to pounce when your relationship crumbles, if I can't keep tabs on you with facebook. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JeepersCripes. Show JeepersCripes's posts

Ok, I did not henpeck MP out of here!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Twinster. Show Twinster's posts

I feel badly, I never "met" MP or even newer people like geoff or super9v (who I constantly confuse with AV because of the avatar) due to my work computer being unable to access LL for those few weeks. I feel like I missed a ton. I come back to a mini-brawl with FOL (did he/she ever "return" or was that totally a sockpuppet who called me out?) and total blogmeltdownness.

Sad Twinny.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PowderGirl. Show PowderGirl's posts

MCROB IS A SHARK IN DG'S TANK!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archangel Michael. Show Archangel Michael's posts

Age quod agis.

There is nothing to fix.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Twinster. Show Twinster's posts

Me? I'm the Blog Dictator? What are my responsibilities, and more importantly, is there a tiara involved?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trigger11. Show Trigger11's posts

[QUOTE]Wait, RDG found us?!?!  SCATTER!!!!  Everyone run to my mom's house!  She'll bake cake!
    Posted by diamondgirl[/QUOTE]

I thought you didn't like cake?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PowderGirl. Show PowderGirl's posts

Yes.  I just felt like a good shout, though.  I'm bored and ready to go home.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from geoffmc4. Show geoffmc4's posts

DG, I never really thought he was, and I thought some people had met him. The way he left so abruptly was odd to me, but for those who had contact with him outside of the blog, maybe not. I could go into why I might consider that he was, but it really doesn't matter anyway. My point was more to not thinking he left because he was henpecked or run off the blog,  but again, those who had an outside relationship would certainly know better than me.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

mcrob, I thought my sharks all had my Twitter tag.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoVa. Show MoVa's posts

Between friends, even virtual ones, it should be OK to say "Too far," treat them like grown-ups and let them choose whether to step it back a notch.

Yes. This is exactly what I attempted to do yesterday afternoon. I don't see a thing wrong with saying "watch it pal" here or IRL.
    It was not effective though, since the MOD poofed the comment anyway.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JeepersCripes. Show JeepersCripes's posts

Tiara and lots of unladylike bar activities Twinz.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4376881. Show user_4376881's posts

Well McRob, I said "nearly the entire blog", so maybe it was a bit of hyperbole, but yes it was pretty extensive.  I understand that his stories were a little much, but there are a good number of posters here that tell outlandish stories that get way more personal and insane than a 26-year-old kid with a windmill of ladies coming through his stable.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

[QUOTE]Age quod agis. There is nothing to fix.
    Posted by Schlippo[/QUOTE]

And these are not the droids you are looking for.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

[QUOTE]Me? I'm the Blog Dictator?...and more importantly, is there a tiara involved?
    Posted by Twinster[/QUOTE]

See?  See?  She is already being corrupted!!!!

Oh, Twinny, look at what they've done to you.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from McBostonrob. Show McBostonrob's posts

[QUOTE]If I'm considered a "regular" then no McRob, I don't think you've ever defended me.  But there usually is no defense for me, so I'm cool with it, just as long as you get my references.
    Posted by Porkchop-[/QUOTE]

In my defense, Porkie, I took things far too seriously for like my first year here, so I was scolding and defending left and right.  In the last year, I've actually mellowed significantly in that regard.  Which means I've been lingering here for two years now, so please put a bullet in my head? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Oh, ok Geoff.  Yeah, he left cause he left.  People don't need to read into it much. 

I am actually surprised that people weren't on him MORE, since he was basically like; 'I figure all my girlfriends are cheating on me, so I cheat on them.'  I thought he was going to get disembowelled.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4376881. Show user_4376881's posts

McRob I've only been here less than a year.  EXPLANATION PLEASE.

Just kidding.  You don't need to defend yourself, unless you care to explain the "two years" thing.

Sections
Shortcuts