Something different!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sunshine85. Show Sunshine85's posts

Something different!

Let's start a new fun discussion.

Hmm what should it be about..

Ok let's do something LL related.

Favorite moment from a romantic comedy.

Mine would probably have to be in Knocked Up  when they first meet and are dancing at the club. I just think it's hysterical how Seth Rogen dances. I often throw dice when I dance so I sympathize.Discuss!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

Re: Something different!

Mine was the scene in The Birdcage where Robin Williams's character signs the palimony agreement to make Nathan Lane's character happy.  Williams's gives this sweet speech about how even though Lane wants to be buried in a cemetery Williams doesn't like he'll agree to be buried there anyway because he doesn't want to go through eternity without Lane.

It always makes me tear up a little.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

I'm a dice thrower, too.

In Along Came Polly, he has to buy her a new $400 loofah to replace one he used in the toilet

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sunshine85. Show Sunshine85's posts

Aw TwoCent, I love the Birdcage. Nathan Lane and Robin Williams are brilliant in that movie!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sunshine85. Show Sunshine85's posts

Sure, why not Jeepers. I consider fast cars and good looking men romantic. hahaha

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WillDeerborn-of-Gilead. Show WillDeerborn-of-Gilead's posts

I was thinking about starting a thread similar to this to ask everyone to say what their top ten romantic movies of all time was.  Hmmmmmm Favorite moment in a RomCom.

My favorite RomCom is Love Actually and their are so many great moments but I'm going to say my favorite is when Jamie goes to the restaurant to propose to Aurelia in his broken Portuguese.

I was originally gonna say when Mark is outside Keira Knightley's flat with the signs on Christmas Eve but I think the Jamie moment was better

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sunshine85. Show Sunshine85's posts

Has anyone seen that movie..Oh whats it called now.. something tuscany.. it's about the lady who moves to Italy after divorcing and buys a villa.. I can't remember what it was called but it made me want to move to Italy so badly.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

In Response to Re: Something different!:
    Has anyone seen that movie..Oh whats it called now.. something tuscany.. it's about the lady who moves to Italy after divorcing and buys a villa.. I can't remember what it was called but it made me want to move to Italy so badly.
    Posted by KrystaleM

Under the Tuscan Sun?  I still haven't seen it (but do have it on DVD...I'm butterfingers when it comes to setting up electronic equipment and I just haven't done it!  LOL)  I bought the DVD because it looks like a gorgeously filmed movie.

ETA:  And Love Actually is also one of my favorite RomComs, although I know there are many others.  And like Will, I like the Colin Firth thread best in that movie.  :-)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PowerCord. Show PowerCord's posts

Ummmm Does Fast and Furious count as Romantic Comedy??
    Posted by Jeepers07

Yes.  I absolutely love the black Charger Hemi....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WillDeerborn-of-Gilead. Show WillDeerborn-of-Gilead's posts

I love Kate Winslet's English cottage and I'll take it right where it is. I could definitely see myself retiring to a place just like that.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sunshine85. Show Sunshine85's posts

Yes Under the Tuscan sun. It was a good one. LWhitt, if you get  a chance definitely check it out. It's so beautifully filmed I really enjoyed it.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

I have lots of favorite moments, but one that comes to mind right now is the scene in While You Were Sleeping when Bill Pullman goes to Sandra Bullock's apartment.  He's torn because he's in love with someone he thinks is his brother's fiancee and she's torn because she can't even think how to explain how she got into this mess.

Bill Pullman makes me weak in the knees anyway.  He could probably read the phone book and I would find it sexy.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

If you like villas in Italy, you should also watch Stealing Beauty with Liv Tyler....If I cant get Kate Winslets cottage, I would take the one in that movie!
    Posted by Jeepers07

I don't think I've ever heard of that movie Jeeps...will have to check it out.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from McBostonrob. Show McBostonrob's posts

Two-cent, my favorite scene from the Birdcage is when Robin Williams is trying to coach Nathan Lane in acting straight.  The whole scene is hilarious, but my favorite part is when Williams says someting like "and don't freak out about breaking your toast.  It's just toast.  You can always get more."

And saying "Under the Tuscan Sun" was beautifully filmed, is an understatement. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wizen. Show wizen's posts

I could watch the Philadelphia Story over and over and over ....

"I thought it was for life, but the nice judge gave me a full pardon."

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e. Show 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e's posts

Two for the Road, circa 1967, with Audrey Heburn and Albert Finney, in the south of France, headed for Italy.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from WillDeerborn-of-Gilead. Show WillDeerborn-of-Gilead's posts

Let's move this thread back up in the active listings as well

Sabrina (the 1995 Harrison Ford, Julia Ormond, Greg Kinnear version)

When Sabrina first arrives back from Paris, the car ride home with David, when he doesn't recognize her and she's teasing him.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

Stealing Beauty was AMAZING

But the best RomCom moment - in "Next Stop Wonderland" at the end when Hope Davis doesn't get off at the airport and ends up in Alan Gelfant's arms. 

Sigh.

(Soundtrack is good too!)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e. Show 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e's posts

In the film Always, where Richard Dreyfus and Holly Hunter are smokejumpers and they are always tired, hungry, dirty and worried. One night there's a party with music at their base and he brings her a big box with a ribbon around it. The box has a white sheath dress with a big bow and matching pumps. She opens it slowly and looks at him and says with an amazed smile: "Girl clothes!" After she changes into the outfit, they dance a slow dance.

Sections
Shortcuts