Something different!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e. Show 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e's posts

Re: Something different!

In The African Queen, when they make it through the white water rapids, Rose Sayer (Kathryn Hepburn) says: "I never dreamed that any mere physical experience could be so stimulating!"  It's the first sign that her "psalm-singing skinny old maid" character is going to change in a big way

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I am not much into romantic comedies, but Meg Ryan's fake orgas m in "When Harry Met Sally" was f'n hysterical. Let's just say - Lesson Learned!

The forum will not allow the spelling for the Big "O". Are you freakin kidding me?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e. Show 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e's posts

Bringing Up Baby, when Cary Grant steps on the back of Katharine Hepburn's dress when he's pursuing her through a restaurant and the whole back panel of her dress comes off.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WillDeerborn-of-Gilead. Show WillDeerborn-of-Gilead's posts

"Wall-E" (EVE is turned off scene)  EVE goes into stand-by mode after finding the plant sprout, so Wall-E pulls her along on a romantic journey, caring for her while she is unable to care for herself.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnny1963. Show johnny1963's posts

WALL E - the repair ward scene- very very funny

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

johnny1963 - I just love your avatar today!

----

My fave is a little German film, Wings of Desire. An angel (Bruno Ganz) falls in love with a woman who wants to fly (the late, wonderful Solveig Dommartin, playing a trapeze artist):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wings_of_Desire

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sunshine85. Show Sunshine85's posts

Ah comment box is back! YAY!

Another one of my favorite romantic comedys would have to be 10 things I hate about you. The best scene in the movie is when Heath Ledger and Julia Stiles are sitting on the swings talking and then she throws up all over his shoes, but he still likes her. Ahh I miss him :(

Also, Empire Records, when they are on top of the building dancing. <3<3

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

The movie Sliding Doors -- pretty much any scene that Gwyneth Paltrow and John Hannah share.  "No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!"

Also, guilty pleasure which I will never admit to in "public" 8-)  -- a funny little movie called The Boyfriend School, with believe it or not, Steve Guttenberg.  He's not very lucky in love and his sister, played by Shelley Long, uses her expertise as romance novelist to teach him to be a larger than life romantic figure.  The moment he drives up next to the woman he's interested in (Jamie Gertz)  -- drives up on a Harley, dressed in leather, etc., etc......well, all I can say is, that boyfriend school really works -- pit-a-pat-pit-a-pat.  It shouldn't work, but it does.  And that is what crazy romance is all about, isn't it?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

Also Persuasion with Ciaran Hinds, when he comes back to slip a note to Anne.  The tension, the hope-against-hope -- brilliant!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

In Response to Re: Something different!:
    [QUOTE]The movie Sliding Doors -- pretty much any scene that Gwyneth Paltrow and John Hannah share.  "No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!" Also, guilty pleasure which I will never admit to in "public" 8-)  -- a funny little movie called The Boyfriend School, with believe it or not, Steve Guttenberg.  He's not very lucky in love and his sister, played by Shelley Long, uses her expertise as romance novelist to teach him to be a larger than life romantic figure.  The moment he drives up next to the woman he's interested in (Jamie Gertz)  -- drives up on a Harley, dressed in leather, etc., etc......well, all I can say is, that boyfriend school really works -- pit-a-pat-pit-a-pat.  It shouldn't work, but it does.  And that is what crazy romance is all about, isn't it?
    Posted by EnjoyEverySandwich[/QUOTE]

I swear I thought I was the only person who saw this movie....

absolutely love it!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WillDeerborn-of-Gilead. Show WillDeerborn-of-Gilead's posts

[QUOTE]Ah comment box is back! YAY! Another one of my favorite romantic comedys would have to be 10 things I hate about you. The best scene in the movie is when Heath Ledger and Julia Stiles are sitting on the swings talking and then she throws up all over his shoes, but he still likes her. Ahh I miss him :( Also, Empire Records, when they are on top of the building dancing. <3<3
    Posted by KrystaleM[/QUOTE]

I was going to put something in for "10 Things I Hate About You" as well but my choice is the scene where Patrick Verona breaks out of his bad-boy persona to serenade Julia Stiles's character with the song "Can't Take My Eyes Off of You." and the marching band starts playing the instrumental part and Heath ledger dancing across the school's bleachers.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealJBar. Show TheRealJBar's posts

50 First Dates (I know, shoot me now) when Sandler's character has just met Barrymore's character and they leave the restaurant and go to their respective cars.  There's a van parked between the two cars and each of them is happy-dancing around their car when the van pulls out, and they catch each other dancing.  Sandler claims he was just trying to avoid getting stung by a bee, a "really big one".  it's just so cute!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gracelan. Show Gracelan's posts

The end of Serendipity.....when John Cusack is lying on the ice with the glove and Kate Beckinsale's jacket.   And then the other glove comes flying down in the air.  He gets up and sees her for the first time since the beginning of the movie, but all that has passed is understood.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

I don't watch romantic comedies, really.  But my favorite ever romantic moment is when Jane Eyre is finally sick in her heart of Mr. Rochester trying to goad her into admitting her feelings, and gives her famous speech;

"Do you think I can stay to become nothing to you? Do you think I am an automaton? - a machine without feelings? and can bear to have my morsel of bread snatched from my lips , and my drop of living water dashed from my cup? Do you think, because I am poor, obscure, plain, and little, I am soulless and heartless? You think wrong! - I have as much soul as you, - and full as much heart! And if God had gifted me with some beauty and much wealth, I should have made it as hard for you to leave me, as it is now for me to leave you."

He is overwhelmed by her spirit and crushes her up with love. 

:)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gracelan. Show Gracelan's posts

[QUOTE]I don't watch romantic comedies, really.  But my favorite ever romantic moment is when Jane Eyre....
    Posted by diamondgirl[/QUOTE]

You didn't think the whole "crazy wife hidden in the attic" thing was kind of funny?  ;-)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Especially the part where she tries to tear her brother's throat out with her teeth...  I laughed so hard, the whole Orange Line car was looking at me funny.  Funnier than usual.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoVa. Show MoVa's posts

I love Best in Show. The scene with Eugene Levy and his 2 left feet just slays me even thinking  about it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealJBar. Show TheRealJBar's posts

Should we start a thread about best comedic scenese in a movie?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

I voute YES to JBar suggestion!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from WillDeerborn-of-Gilead. Show WillDeerborn-of-Gilead's posts

**Bump**

From Breakfast at Tiffany's

The scene where Audrey Hepburn is sitting on the windowsill strumming her guitar singing moon river. Truly beautiful scene

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e. Show 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e's posts

Moonstruck, Raising Arizona, Some Like It Hot, Fever Pitch (".... I could eat" from the scene where he realizes shes wants to go out with him),
    Four Weddings and a Funeral, Notting Hill, Holiday

I'll check out The World's Greatest Lover, never seen it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnny1963. Show johnny1963's posts

Doea anyone remember the Scene is Frazier when Niles is ironing his pants and he ends up lighting the apartment on fire and the sprinkler system goes off

one of the funniest bits I have ever scence

youtube it, Im sure it is there