The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread

Thursday is Update day for me.  Nothing lost nothing gained.  That is OK with me.  Wen out a couple of times this week and enjoyed fried clams, lobster roll, burger - all my favorite summer foods!!  (I was reading the 'food' posts from last week - I so gotta try fried mashed potatoes, I bet those are wicked awesome!!)

yum, lobster rolls!!! They don't know what those are down here in NC!

good luck with the non-smoking - it really is better for you. Rules of three - you crave on 3rd day, 3rd week, 3rd  month and then 3rd year - after than you're 'cured'

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

In Response to Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread:
    [QUOTE]I LOVE my rice cooker.  I use the scoop to add the rice, add water to the corresponding line, press cook and forget about it until I am ready to serve (keeps it warm long after cooking).  The rice is perfect regardless of variety (jasmine, basmati, sticky, etc) or whether it is white, brown or a mixture of both.  I add vegetables and other ingredients to make rice main courses right in it.  I use it for quinoa and bulger and millet - all cook perfectly.  Then I just put the insert and scoop in the dishwasher.  No messy stuck on stuff to clean!!! http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-SR-TEG10-Cooker-Warmer-Steamer/dp/B000NZRG40/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1316102094&sr=8-5
    Posted by Inter-Planet[/QUOTE]

I have to second this... rice cookers are amazing! You literally put the stuff in and walk away and it's perfect every time.

Toss some seasonings or other ingredients... unmatched. I won't ever cook rice in a pot or pan again.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread : Any idea why you fell off the wagon so hard? It's good to occasionally indulge in moderation.
    Posted by Loud-Mouthed-Broad[/QUOTE]

Yes, sadly, I know exactly why :-(
    Last night was my third night of binging. I'll be happy to stop the madness tonight.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WickedMcCool. Show WickedMcCool's posts

good luck with the non-smoking - it really is better for you. Rules of three - you crave on 3rd day, 3rd week, 3rd month and then 3rd year - after than you're 'cured'                     
    ---------------------------------
    Thanks, JTB.  I saw an ad on smoking today about the health improvements after 6 hours of not smoking, 12 hours of not smoking, 24..., etc.  I just need to do it - again.

MOST IMPORTANT RULE - Don't restart when you've been stopped for 9 (3x3)years!!!  (And, for me, don't date smokers!)

OK, off the smoking topic, back to food.  I mean... ummm... weight loss :-)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Loud-Mouthed-Broad. Show Loud-Mouthed-Broad's posts

For fun and inspiration

Warning - this blogger has the gift of snark.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

MOST IMPORTANT RULE - Don't restart when you've been stopped for 9 (3x3)years!!!  (And, for me, don't date smokers!)

LOL!! I know, I got Mr. B to stop the cigars unless I'm away for a couple of days - and not at all in the house!

And yes, on to FOOD!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e. Show 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e's posts

Re smoking: yeah, stay away from smokers and smoky places... a lot easier than it used to be and don't drink anywhere people are smoking...makes it easier to fall off the wagon. I quit a million years ago and I think that it was about a year before I stopped thinking about it. Somewhere around the three month mark I started to smell how bad smoke smells. I never did go back. I still sometimes dream about it, and wake up in a panic. Stay the course, as they say.

We have three dinners/nights out this weekend. Any advice on how to not overeat?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WickedMcCool. Show WickedMcCool's posts

GMV, re: Advice on eating dinner out and not overeating:

1.  Obviously, try not to overeat on appetizers.   (This is made more difficult if you go to the restaurant already starving!! So try not to go hungry (starving anyway).

2.  Eat as slow as you can savoring each bite and stop AS SOON AS you are full.  An alternative to this is to plan to only eat half and bring half home, especially if it's one of those restaurants that serve a huge amount of food.

3.  If everyone is getting dessert, and I LOVE dessert, find someone who will share it with you.  I try not to order dessert at all but if someone else does, I usually do, too.

Good luck and enjoy!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

I usually cut the entree in half, then think long and hard about whether I want to eat the other half, or take it home.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

I'm not going to do the numbers thing, but I AM UP

TWO.FOUR POUNDS

Pass me the brown rice & vegetabls and put me on that treadmill of shame

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Loud-Mouthed-Broad. Show Loud-Mouthed-Broad's posts

GMV,

Limit yourself to one piece of bread.

Well before I went vegetarian I started ordering vegetarian when I ate out.  If I knew the portion sizes were huge, I'd just order 2 side dishes (spinach, potatoes).  In the burbs I run into problems with this strategy sometimes because the kitchen thinks if you aren't eating meat, you need extra food - but it's only one meal and if you stay away from cheese, high fat meats, and fried foods you will be in good shape.

I find decaf coffee is a good substitute for dessert.  The bitter taste removes your desire for something sweet.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from calicokitty. Show calicokitty's posts

Here is my week 3 update:

Goal: -20 from starting date
    Starting date: 08/27/2011
    Goal date: 10 by Thanksgiving - then just hang on through the holidays
    Pounds lost this week: 1.6
    Total lost: 2.6
    Left to go: 17.4
    Total lost since August 2011: 2.6

Much better result than last weeks zero but I have a slight injury that I'm going to have to rest this week so I'm worried about the lack of exercise. I hope to stick to my diet with NO cheating, not even a litte. We'll see how it goes. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e. Show 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e's posts

Thanks, everybody. Good job, Calico.

Last night I had a glass and a half of wine, shared an appetizer with my husband, and had a small fish entree, couldn't finish it actually, and had decaf with milk for dessert. It was a nice restaurant with small portions with lots of different tastes, so it was very satisfying. The food was very rich, but also fresh and of good quality. So, I thought I did OK. I also had a nap in the late afternoon before we went out and so I wasn't eating to assuage exhaustion...I always overeat when I'm both hungry and tired. If I'm hungry and tired and cold I eat like a lumberjack.

Tonight we are meeting  a couple who always split and appetizer and split an entree so I'll be in good company if I only have two appetizers. CHC, I love the idea of going veggie, too. I'm not a veggie but I do like veggies and not having a meat course can definitely cut the calories. Skipping the bread is a good strategy, too, thanks for the reminder.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from justcat. Show justcat's posts

Treadmill of shame for me this week.  1.5 lbs gained.  Next week will be better. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

**UPDATE TIME***

Well, it looks like it was kind of a bad week for a lot of us.  I am going to blame the full moon for that one. :)

No newcomers this week.  How come, lurkers?  Get in here!

The Dancing Banana goes to calicokitty this week, who is down 1.6 lbs!  Shake your moneymaker!

I'm giving out Banana o' Determination to hollygolitely, who has decided to stop the downward slide NOW, and is being very forthcoming with her mistakes and stumbles.  I'm hoping Mr. Banana can give her that little "IknowIcanIknowIcan" push :)

I like to move it, move it 

Other losers this week include JTB with a -.8 and LMB  with a -.6.  Wonderful work, wimmenz!

I think I'm missing a MrCorvin update...I apologize...but he moved into a new place and is working through his new cooking setup so he can make good choices.  Go, Corvin, go!  Wickey held steady this week, which means she kept off the weight she lost over the last two weeks.  Strong work!

And now, the Treadmill of Shame.  There are a lot of us this week.  We may have to buy more treadmills for Mistress Jneen's House of Fitness and Pain.  Luna-llena had another up week.  Grr.  Don't you hate that?  +.5.  GMV  and your pal Jneen are both +1.  Justcat had a rare off week with a +1.5.  And our dear Dimmy had a difficult week which resulted in a +2.4.  Happens to us all every now and again, Dimz.

My official numbers this week, second bad week in a row:

My official numbers:
    Goal: -50 from starting date
    Starting date: 08/05/2010
    Goal date: really just want to be healthy
    Pounds lost this week: +1
    Total lost: 13
    Left to go: 37
    Total lost since August 2007: 63

Since so many of us are suffering, here is a little something to cheer you up:

Enjoy your week!  Go get 'em, kids!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

Cool
    Congrats Calico & Holly!!!

You too JTB & LMB!

At least I'm in good company with the rest of you, it's a pretty great bunch of losers!!

::posted while eating a cheeseburger for breakfast - back on track tomorrow::

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Loud-Mouthed-Broad. Show Loud-Mouthed-Broad's posts

[QUOTE]Congrats Calico & Holly!!! You too JTB & LMB! At least I'm in good company with the rest of you, it's a pretty great bunch of losers!! ::posted while eating a cheeseburger for breakfast - back on track tomorrow::
    Posted by ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink[/QUOTE]

As I recall, exercise was doing more for you than becoming anal retentive about your diet.

I got some good advice once when I asked 'if I slip off track from listening to my body and feeding it what it needs - when do I start eating normally again?'.  
    Answer:  the very next meal.

Dearest Dimblelinna my wish for you this week is that if you do have an indulgent meal, you fully enjoy it.  And get back on track the very next meal. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from -Cariokie. Show -Cariokie's posts

Guess I'll need to update on Saturday night before bed, 'cause I'm late with my stuff today...

Total lost this week:  -.6

Still sitting on the last 6-7 to go, so once I get back home from vacay, I think I'll do a liquids-only fast every Monday for a month to kick my metabolism in the butt.

I think I need a drink... that's Crystal Light Raspberry Lemonade. With vodka???? Hmmmmm.....

Congrats to this week's losers!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

YAY Caliocokitty!!!! And Holly, next week is YOURS babycakes!!

Carioke - Crystal light with some spiced run and a slice of lime - YEEHAW!!! (and have a good vaca)

Dimmy - a cheeseburger for breakfast is YUMMY

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

-Cari, just remember that artificial sweeteners aren't doing you any favors either.

Research shows that two things happen:  #1, they make you crave more sweet/carbs  and #2, when your tongue tastes "sweet", it turns on the mechanism that causes you to dump insulin into your bloodstream.  If you're drinking artificial sweetener, that insulin has nothing to work on, so your body gets confused and over time, you may start tripping the process that causes insulin resistance.

I'm very much in favor of eating "real" food - if you're seriously craving something sweet with that vodka, have some raspberry lemonade made with sugar.  But you're better off with Stoli Razberi, soda, and a wedge of lemon :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

...or just swig the Stoli right out of the bottle.  You know, whatever works ;)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

[QUOTE]...or just swig the Stoli right out of the bottle.  You know, whatever works ;)
    Posted by ThatJneenGrrl[/QUOTE]

Ok I like that one better!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from WickedMcCool. Show WickedMcCool's posts

LMAO at that baby in the pool!!  Great update as usual, Jneen!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

Thanks, pretty Wickey :)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from justcat. Show justcat's posts

I'm going to be stern with myself this week because I start vacay on Friday.  And I have a funny feeling a lot of alcohol will be consumed...  However, I'm going to do my darndest to bike a lot next week, and hope to start that downward slide again.