Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread

In Response to Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread:
    sigh good thing I'm not 'into' halloween and all that candy carp
    Posted by JTB8773

More Swedish Fish for me!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

Gang, you can HAVE THEM!!! with my blessing(s)

Have a good weekend everybodyKiss

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from calicokitty. Show calicokitty's posts

Here is my week 9 update: (has it really been 9 weeks!!)

Goal: -20 from starting date
    Starting date: 08/27/2011
    Goal date: 10 by Thanksgiving - then just hang on through the holidays
    Pounds lost this week: -.5
    Total lost: 6.9
    Left to go: 13.1
    Total lost since August 2011: 6.9

I'm happy with the minus .5. It's been 9 weeks without a gain so I'm moving steadily in the right direction. I'm 3 pounds away from a "milestone" weight so the slow progress the last few weeks is pretty frustrating. 

Truth be told, it's not just a 6.9 pound loss. In the last 18 months the total is 33 pounds. This thread has been a great motivator for me to work towards the last 20 (total of 45 or so). 3 more pounds and I'll cross a threshold I haven't seen in 20 years so I think that's why my body is putting up a fight.

Good luck to everyone else!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

HOLY CRAP.

I CAN ACCESS THE FORUMS!

I will be updating tomorrow.  Pinky swear.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

***UPDATE TIME!!***

Hi, kids!

Sorry about that.  Was busy trying to keep my emotional life from crumbling through my fingers.  Was unsuccessful.  Lets begin again, shall we?  OKC profile has been reactivated.

Onward!

MrCorvin is CHEATING by being sick, but he still gets the Dancing Banana with an AMAZING 13 DOWN!  That gets the special Dimmy Banana of Awesomeness for 5+ lbs in a week!

Shake that! 

RedWolf checks back in after quite the absence, but he has been on the right track, working out regularly and watching what goes in the cakehole.  As a result, he is down a righteous 10 lbs since his last check-in!  Sweet!  For this, he gets our Banana o' Determination this week :)

woop woop!

Other notable losers include wickey with a -4 (penance for the prior week!) luna-llena with a -1.4 CHC with -1 (-3 for a combined two weeks!) and calicokitty with -.5.  GMV confused me by saying she was -1.3, but then saying it was a gain.  So I'm going to just think positive and say she was -1.3 this week :). 

If you have a gain, please note as "+" to keep from bamboozling the easily confused Neener. :)

Your pal Jneen held steady these past two weeks, but not because of anything I was doing positively.  I vacillated between not eating at all, then eating crap comfort food.  Activity level interrupted at bit by weather.  I feel bleh.  Need more veggies.  And to stop sweeping across the moors pining for my Heathcliff.

Our lone treadmiller this week is JTB with a + .4, who has had a rough couple of weeks.  Happens to the best of us, even if we feel like we are doing everything right.  Hang in there, chica!  Just wake up the next day and do the best you can!

I don't know about you guys, but for me, the hardest part of the year begins now and ends on Super Bowl Sunday.  I want to hibernate.  I want to bake.  I want to sip hot cocoa and bundle up under a comforter on the couch and be a slug.

I think the key is to keep your portions down and allow for the fact that your body naturally wants these things.  Hunker down and try to maintain.  Get as much natural sunlight and brisk activity as you can.  Springtime will be here in a few short months.  We can do this. :)

I love you guys for sticking with me on this!  I need you! :)

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

To add to CHC - lemon ginger tea - tons of antioxidents and tastes a bit sweet

Congrats to McCorvin & RedWolf - WOO HOO!!!! And of course to all you other 'losers'!

Welcome back JNeen - Smile, it increased your face value!

(yes, I've been watching Steel Magnolias - AGAIN)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e. Show 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e's posts

Ugh, sorry my post was confusing. It went up that week. Tomorrow will be ugly; no sucessful dieting went on last week.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WickedMcCool. Show WickedMcCool's posts

Great update, Jneen!  Of course, we're with you - you're our leader, silly!!  We coudln't do it without you so we're all there for you. 

I agree with you about the cold weather, but I like CHC's soup suggestion, and I'm going to try to follow that.  I thought it would be easier in summer, but it wasn't because of all the BBQ's and outdoor eating.  So winter had better be easier!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

GMV, #1, it ain't dieting.  That would mean it would be something you would stop doing when you reached a magical weight.  Adjust a little when you get there, maybe...but this is how your life is now if you choose to be healthy.  So pick things that fit for you and that you can make work.

#2, if you're being mindful, you're being successful. Even during the bad weeks. 

Wake up the next day and try again.

I'm no petite little flower, but I have managed to take off and keep off 65 lbs the hard way :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e. Show 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e's posts

Thanks, Jneen. Will dig out my WW soup recipe, CHC.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCorvin. Show MrCorvin's posts

Tomorrow I'm going to go back to the gym, I had to dress up as a Priopriotor of Individal Management & Protection today, and didn't want my suit to smell like the locker room.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e. Show 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e's posts

11/1/11   weight  150.4

Goal: -10 from starting date
    Starting date: 08/29/2011
    Goal date: -10 by 1/1/2012
    Pounds lost this week:  + 0.7
    Total lost: 0.4
    Left to go: -9.6
    Total lost since 8/29/2011: 0.4

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCorvin. Show MrCorvin's posts

CHC .... The don't drink during your meals, is that ANYTHING or Alcohol?

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCorvin. Show MrCorvin's posts

In Response to Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread:
    In Response to Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread : I'm not sure which I admire more about you.  The lifestyle changes you made even when it was hard to do or how you shake your bootay on the dance floor with such self confidence.
    Posted by Corporate-Hippie-Chick

Weight Loss and Bootay shaking is why my girlfriend bought a Broadway Musical Dance game for the Wii...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

CHC-

Can't we love & admire BOTH those things equally?  Since they're pretty darn-tootin-awesomeness things?

LOL

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

CHC, you are a love.

Actually you ALL are :)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

UPDATE!
    Goal - 50 lbs
    start date: 6/30/11
    Goal date: January (50 by 50)
    loss this week: -2
    loss to-date: 13.6
    to go: 36.4

Well that treadmill of shame seems to be working as much as the fear of the scale!

Anybody have any good non-lettuce type salad receipes? Getting pretty bored with green leafs!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from WickedMcCool. Show WickedMcCool's posts

Weekly ulpdate:

Goal: -20 from starting date
    Starting date: 06/30/2011
    Goal date: -20 by 11/24/2011
    Pounds lost this week: -1
    Total lost: -9
    Left to go: 11
    Total lost since August 2010: 21

I FINALLY made it back to the gym this week!!  I took two Zumba classes.  The hour flies by!!  I'm cutting way down on the cigs with plans to quite as soon as I get a job.  And I'm close to getting a job offer.   Yahoo, I feel like I'm getting my isht back together!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

Wicked -

WAY.TO.GO!!!

And remember the rules of 3 with quitting - you'll have INTENSE cravings on day 3, month 3 and year 3 of no tobacco - after that, nothing.

Sections
Shortcuts