The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread

WOO HOO!!!
    Way to go NatG - hoping for some similar results this week myself.

Enjoy

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from naturalginger. Show naturalginger's posts

JTB, you're such a great cheerleader and always the one to beat. I can't believe you had a LOSS during this time of year!

Actually, a lot of you had losses - I watch in awe. Anything less than a 5lb gain in a win in my book.

And now, I'm lamenting that I'm ill from eating too much almond roca for breakfast. What was I thinking?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

UPDATE:
    Goal - 50 lbs
    start date: 6/30/11
    Goal date: 6/30/12
    loss this week: -.2
    loss to-date: 14.2
    to go: 35.8

Again, I will accept GLADLY and thank the gods of christmas future!

New year starts now (or tomorrow, we just had pulled pork BBQ and hush puppies that were to die for!) to keep on the downward slope to healthy!

Have a WONDERFUL NYE all you LL bloggers!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GMV2. Show GMV2's posts

Congrats to all who have stuck with this thread and best wishes for a happy healthy 2012. Thanks to Jneen for doing this and for setting a great example in terms of having a healthy lifestyle and a positive attitude.

All my files disappeared in a major computer crash and won't be available until I get a new computer, but here's the update. I was trying to lose 10 pounds between Labor Day and New Year's Day. I have lost three pounds. 30% is good in baseball but not too impressive in weight loss ;-). Howevah, I feel healthy and am thrilled to not have gained weight. It's so easy at my age to just gradually add on weight. 

I've been dealing with some minor health issues and one approach recommended by the docs is to try going gluten free. It's not easy to do. I'm eating more rice and potatoes and vegetables in general, and for the occasional sweet I've found Trader Joe's Crispy Crunchy Chocolate Chip Cookies, which are AWESOME. 

I'll not get back on the bandwagon here for at least a month or so, but I am in the wings, cheering you all on, whether you are training for a race or avoiding wierd foods while travelling or balancing your needs with a busy job and even busier kids or job-hunting or whatever challenges come. I lost a sibling this year and it has been much much harder than I ever thought it would be, but it's also just one more reason to try to live life to the fullest.

Keep on truckin'. Happy New Year!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from calicokitty. Show calicokitty's posts

A really good article on the difficulties of maintaining weight loss. It's discouraging in some ways but I think it helps to understand what we're up against.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GMV2. Show GMV2's posts

Fantastic article, kitty. It's interesting to read about the genetic types.

There was a discussion about scales a few weeks back. FYI, the Conair Weight Watchers electronic scale (which I use and like) is available at Costco for about $20. It gives weight in pounds and tenths of pounds.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

I read that article too - kinda makes me want to find out what my 'code' is - but of course given the insurance industry if it was less than positive, they'd start denying claims!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from justcat. Show justcat's posts

I will be back soon - in case some were wondering what the hell I was up to.  It's been a bit of a traumatic holiday for me, and truth be told, my anxiety level (and hence eating level) was pretty high even before that.  The gym will be my friend in the coming weeks as it's a great distraction.  That and my writing.  So I'm just weighing in to say I'm not weighing in for a little while yet.  But I'm not dead...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from luna_llena. Show luna_llena's posts

Goal - 30 lbs
    Start date - 2/22/11
    Goal Date - 4/1/2012
    Pounds lost this week +1.2
    Left to go - 23.6 
    Total lost since 2/22/11 - 6.4 lbs

So, I'm not thrilled, but not entirely horrified, either.  It could have been a lot worse, and I'm still slightly below what I was on 12/6. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

Not to shabby Luna!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from naturalginger. Show naturalginger's posts

Current Weight: 160.2
    Last Weigh In:  161.0
    Goal Weight: 135
    Lost since March 2011: -7.8
    Progess this week: -0.8

Not much, but it's progress. I think it's mostly just detox effects from getting back to eating and drinking normal amounts post holidays.

I've joined a Drop10 biggest loser style 8 week program. Part of the pre-evaluation is doing a resting metabolic rate test via a weird little breathalyzer machine.  The results were interesting. Based on calculators out there, someone of my age/weight/height/gender/activity level is estimated to burn around 1450 at a resting level, and it's what I've always based everything on in terms of diet and exercise for weight loss (with very little success).

MY results? 1230

It's a bit depressing to think that I'm going to have to work that much harder - but moreso empowering to have the knowledge. I've readjusted several aspects of my diet for the coming weeks, so hopefuly there will be some dancing bananas in my future!! (but not too many, those suckers are 110 calories a pop!)

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

Hi kids!

I have been just plain remiss this time.  I admit it.

I will give you an official update this weekend!  Pinky promise!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

***Your First Real Update of 2012!!!****

Hi Everyone!

Yes, even you new kids!  I See you lurking!!

I am going to try and be a better pal and get back to updating this once a week.  I think we all (including me) could use the regular encouragement.

Well, I don't know about you guys, but I think my scale was lying to me for the last update a few weeks back, because it's pretty much all back to where I was at Thanksgiving.  SIX POUNDS gained during Food Season.  But I thew out the last of the crud food this weekend when I was cleaning up Christmas, save for a bowl of Hershey's kisses.  One does not simply throw away perfectly good chocolate :)

Lily- is our Loser of the Week with a steadily awesome -2.5 since her last check in. 

Whoop Whoop!!

NatGing gets the Banana o' Determination this week, not only for her -.8 during the Winter of our Discontent, but for just generally doing the right thing week after week.  We love you, NattyG!  Swing it!

JTB with a -.2 and Harbormistress (are you still here?) with a -2 at her last check in are our other awesome Losers this time around.  I suspect there will be more of us next week.

Your pal Jneen will be hogging the Treadmill of Shame this week, guys.  With my previously mentioned seasonal PLUS FREAKIN' SIX!!! Calico with a +.4 (p00p!!) and luna with a +1.2 will be joining me.  But just for this week.  Right??

My official numbers are below.  See you next week!

Goal: -50 from starting date
    Starting date: 08/05/2010
    Goal date: really just want to be healthy
    Pounds lost since last checkin: +6  yup.  That's right.
    Total lost: 1
    Left to go: 41
    Total lost since August 2007: 58

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCorvin. Show MrCorvin's posts

Well the last time I posted I got a dancing banana...now....

Goal: To go below 330 so I can use my Wii Fit.
    Original Weight: 368
    Starting date: 03/15/2011
    Goal date: None
    Last Weighin: 336
    This Weighin: 342
    Total lost: 26
    Left to go: 12

SHAME!

Actually it would have been worse shame (and the reason I haven't really posted). I actually got up to 355 for a bit and I started falling back into bad habits.

Now, I'm working a bit harder because I'm going to have my physical in March and I want to actually show that I did lose alot of weight since my last physical. There is no point of regaining it all right before I have my physical and I want to have something to show for it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WickedMcCool. Show WickedMcCool's posts

Happy New Year and wishing good health to all in 2012!! According to my last update in December, I had lost 12 pounds in 6 months. Not bad, but not great either. I think I've gained back 3 over the holidays. And I can't remember my starting weight so I'm starting new with a base weight that I'll be able to remember!! So here's my 1st Weekly update: Goal: -20 from starting date Starting date: 01/09/2012 Goal date: -20 by 6/1/2012 Pounds lost this week: 0 Total lost: 0 Left to go: 20                     

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from s0xgirl. Show s0xgirl's posts

Goal: to not step on the scale @ the doctor's office and have them say "wow, you hide it well!"
    Starting date: 01/09/2012
    Goal date: Hmm, I'm going to go with 8/1/11
    Pounds lost this week: 0
    Total lost: 0
    Left to go: Reasonably?

Seriously - can I please make myself feel a little better that my ( . )( . ) are a significant portion of my weight? 

I would love to lose 40ish lbs, is that reasonable for 8 months? Should I go a full year?

ALSO, i'm new to the office-chair-world... I'M DYINGGGGG. Help!!!! My Butt is taking overrrrrrrr

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

>>ALSO, i'm new to the office-chair-world... I'M DYINGGGGG. Help!!!! My Butt is taking overrrrrrrr

Step 1:

KEGEL!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from s0xgirl. Show s0xgirl's posts

Is anyone part of healthworks in coolidge corner? I know, it's super pricey but it's so convenient for me!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GracieJ. Show GracieJ's posts

It must be kismet that I found this thread.  I need to lose 15 lbs.  I am having trouble getting back on track.  I am a compulsive eater.  Hope this is the intervention I am looking for.  I usually weigh in on Saturday mornings.  I'll do so this week and post my stats.

Congratulations to you all for just being here!  Onward we go!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItalianIce84. Show ItalianIce84's posts

so I know I haven't posted in a while, but I am proud to report that I am now in a size 9. Not quite into the 8 that I am aiming for, but one step closer!

I start Zumba tonight, and hope to get back into running a little more once this chest cold leaves me along.

Good luck to you all!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

In Response to Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread:
    />>ALSO, i'm new to the office-chair-world... I'M DYINGGGGG. Help!!!! My Butt is taking overrrrrrrr Step 1: KEGEL!!
    Posted by ThatJneenGrrl

BRAHAHAAAAAA!!!!!

Thanks, I needed a good giggle today

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from naturalginger. Show naturalginger's posts

s0x, I belong to the one in Back Bay and I'm completely in love with it. I go so much more just looking forward to the atmosphere, the availability of the equiment, and the steam room! Yes, it's expensive. But visit for vist it works out the same as when I belonged to BSC because I go more. And it's my sanity. This is how I justify it.

Shoot me an email at naturalgingergirl@gmail.com and I can send you an invite for a free trial week! I know that they were running a special where if you join now, the $200 initiation fee is waved and January is free.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Inter-Planet. Show Inter-Planet's posts

Healthworks offers Body Pump.  That class will really change your body and attitude for the better. 

http://www.lesmills.com/global/bodypump/about-bodypump.aspx

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BodyPump

Here is a warmup track:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxDxHlSb5b0&feature=related

Body Training Systems offers Group Power which is the same as Body Pump.
    Here is a teaser of the new release:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcY1w6ZVaEs&feature=related

I would only choose a gym that offered either of those because weight training is the key to increasing your baseline metabolism and sculpting/toning your muscles.  It improves your posture and the endorphins released give you a nice feeling of well being when you are finished.

Sections
Shortcuts