The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GracieJ. Show GracieJ's posts

Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread

I also have a "mini-gym" in my basement.  I'm on the elliptical machine dailly.  I need to start doing weights.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

I was going to do the weekly update last night.

But then I got hungry and decided to have a cupful of bananas, strawberries and blueberries with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top instead.

Tonight!

Promise!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

UGh.  According to my Wii, I gained 2 lbs back this last week.  Which sucks, cuz I've been really good about exercising.  

Gotta lay off the booze, AJ

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harbormistress. Show Harbormistress's posts

well, the bad news is i bought a new digital scale at BJs which confirmed what i suspected - that my old scale is off by 8lbs (in the wrong direction, of course).

but im still down a 1/2 lb this week which considering the very slinky dress i need to wear friday nite is not near enough.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from luna_llena. Show luna_llena's posts

Goal - 30 lbs
    Start date - 2/22/11
    Goal Date - 6/1/2012
    Pounds lost this week -.4
    Left to go - 22.8 
    Total lost since 2/22/11 - 7.2 lbs

Just trying to be aware of what I'm eating, but not going crazy with depriving myself . . . I'm also hoping that the scale might move a little faster in the right direction if I'm able to add a 3rd day of exercise to my schedule.  This time of year, I'm happy as long as my weight isn't going up.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

****UPDATE TIME!!!****

Hi kids!  How goes your new year?

Mine has been up and down, to say the least.

Welcome GracieJ!  And hi, Dreamy.  Love you, you pain in the azz. 

Our Dancing Banana winner this week is none other than NatGing, with a fantastic -1.4

shake it shake it, baby!

There were many amazing Banana o' Determination contenders this week, including perennial favorites CHC and Inter-Planet, but this week's Banana o' Determination goes to AJ because she needs that little extra push this week.  DO NOT FREAK OUT when starting a fitness program if you gain weight.  You are adding muscle, so the scale will temporarily go up, but then your body will start burning more efficiently and you will start seeing the changes.  Besides, this is all about being HEALTHIER,  remember?

So come on, swing it!

Other big losers this week include your pal Jneen with a -5 (I think either my body or my scale or both have been freaking out, so no banana for me :), JTB continues her steady decline with another -.6, and luna-llena with -.4.  Excellent work, people!

Wickey and S0xgirl (hi!) are the steady holders this week.

Corvin checked in with a +6, but he is already down since the holidays, so he needs no Treadmill of Shame.  In fact, I'm not putting anyone on the treadmill until March.  So there.  Winter is depressing enough. Work hard, people!  Rock on.

My numbers:

Goal: -50 from starting date
    Starting date: 08/05/2010
    Goal date: really just want to be healthy
    Pounds lost since last checkin: -5
    Total lost: 5
    Left to go: 45
    Total lost since August 2007: 63

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from naturalginger. Show naturalginger's posts

Current Weight: 159
    Last Weigh In:  158.8
    Goal: 148
    Goal Date: 3/18 (ie be 20lbs lighter in this year's bday pics!)
    Lost since March 2011: -9.0
    Progess this week: +.2

Initially, I'm sad to see the scale move up at ALL. BUT but but... I will say, after being in the gym an average of 4 days a week for the last few weeks, I can feel a major change in my body, and areas like my stomach tightening up, so I'm going to let Neener's voice rule my head and remind me that I'm building muscle!

InterPlanet - I signed up for my first BodyPump class on Saturday. Should I be scared?? I took my very first group fitness class EVER on Tuesday, which was an Express Weights class for 30 minutes, and I officially don't know why I've been trying to work out alone this whole time. So much better and feels like it goes so much faster when there are people bustin' their butt next too you!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Inter-Planet. Show Inter-Planet's posts

In Response to Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread:

InterPlanet - I signed up for my first BodyPump class on Saturday. Should I be scared?? I took my very first group fitness class EVER on Tuesday, which was an Express Weights class for 30 minutes, and I officially don't know why I've been trying to work out alone this whole time. So much better and feels like it goes so much faster when there are people bustin' their butt next too you!
    Posted by naturalginger[/QUOTE]

I agree about group fitness classes.  There is something about being there with others and the inspiration from the instructor and the music that changes it from a chore to fun.  I had some sore muscles the day after my first body pump but it is that "good I just worked my muscles sore" and not the "just pulled / sprained / injured myself pain" so I was happy and it didn't keep me from my next class:)
    Have fun NG!!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

Will check that out when I get home.

Thanks!

I stand by my theory that a lot of this started with the "dietary cholesterol is bad" then " all dietary fat is bad" myths.

Our diets got overladen with carbs in the 90's especially, and with "unsaturated" fats that have just as many calories but don't leave you feeling satiated, so your brain tells you to keep eating.

Compound that with people who refuse to find the time to make their own meals on a regular basis and rely on prepared foods and restaurant meals that should be an occasional treat - restaurant meals that have been growing exponentially in portion size - and you have one big giant ball of a mess.

And of course everyone just plain stopped moving.

Movement has to come back first.

Then you will crave better food.

I stand by this.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCorvin. Show MrCorvin's posts

Well the last time I posted I got a dancing banana...now....

Goal: To go below 330 so I can use my Wii Fit.
    Original Weight: 368
    Starting date: 03/15/2011
    Goal date: None
    Last Weighin: 342
    This Weighin: 342
    Total lost: 26
    Left to go: 12

No movement, mostly I've been fluxuating up and down around this weight. THis is basically the weight I've maintained (except for recently when I had shot up a bunch).

We'll see what happens.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

naturalginger, a .2 lb weight gain can be due to anything, most likely water.  Up your water intake to at least 64 oz a day, reduce your salt, add a banana a day (100 calories, good source of potassium), and you'll not be retaining any water.  One salty snack in the afternoon without flushing it out can add up to a 0.2 lb weight gain overnight.

And, yes, if you are lifting weights, you are far better off using a tape measure around your natural waist to measure success than the scale.  Or, get a decent fat% measuring scale so when you see the weight stay the same you can be encouraged by the fat% going down.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GracieJ. Show GracieJ's posts

I lost 1.8 lbs this week.  I am happy with that.  I have to survive two birthdays this week--one tonight and one next weekend.  At least tonight we are bringing veggies and a non-fat dill dip.

Contrats to all of us who are doing something to make our health better!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WickedMcCool. Show WickedMcCool's posts

Happy Sunday!!  Although I guess shoveling 4 times yesterday counts as a workout and I did make it to the gym once last week, the diet part has been made more difficult by this cold weather!!  Pasta and hot chocolate keep calling out to me!!

Here's my 2nd Weekly update:

Goal: -20 from starting date
    Starting date: 01/09/2012
    Goal date: -20 by 6/1/2012
    Pounds lost this week: -1
    Total lost: -1
    Left to go: 19  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WickedMcCool. Show WickedMcCool's posts

OK, I need to get real with myself There's no way I'm gonna lose 20 pounds!!  (I'd even have to buy new clothes and I already have several sizes in stock!!)  

I will be very happy if I lose 15 from where I'm at now, so here's my revised update:

Goal: -15 from starting date
    Starting date: 01/09/2012
    Goal date: -15 by 5/1/2012
    Pounds lost this week: -1
    Total lost: -1
    Left to go: 14 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

Thank you, Dreamy!

Update this evening, kids.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harbormistress. Show Harbormistress's posts

Disaster.  Between the TVDiner Gala Friday nite, followed by the hotel buffett breakfast that at $20ea i wasnt going to not eat, and then the football game yesterday...
    i gained ten pounds in four days.
    And i have an event this saturday nite i wanted to look good for.
    and personally, the more i eat the more i eat, so i think im doomed this week.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

"this week's Banana o' Determination goes to AJ because she needs that little extra push this week.  DO NOT FREAK OUT when starting a fitness program if you gain weight.  You are adding muscle, so the scale will temporarily go up, but then your body will start burning more efficiently and you will start seeing the changes.  Besides, this is all about being HEALTHIER,  remember?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry, but this is bullcrap.  I have plenty of muscle already.  

When I was on the crew team in college, I started at about 130 lbs, and gained 20 lbs of muscle, but I had the hottest damn body, yet I was 150-155 lbs.  THAT is gaining muscle.  In fact, I don't think I could ever get down to 135 again... I think the most I could ever hope for is 160 lbs at this point .

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

oh, and I forgot to weigh in today... I'll do it tomorrow morning.

I'm going to try a kickboxing class at the gym tonight... wish me luck!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

Fine, screw you.

I'm taking my banana and going home.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from justcat. Show justcat's posts

Well, the good news is that my sneakers actually do weigh 2 lbs - I weighed myself going in, and coming out (sans sneakers).  I did my sprints on the treadmill but I really don't think I lost that much in sweat, so it must be the sneakers.  The bad news is that I'm up about 5 lbs.  I blame the ex (since I can't possibly point the finger at myself, for heaven's sake!!), and the fact that since I don't drink enough water, I tend to eat more.  So that is changing.  Lots and lots of water, and far less alcohol. 

I'll update next week, I promise!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

****NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA UPDATE!!****

Well, we are in the midst of the winter doldrums.  My life  is apparently falling apart  again.  At least I have my taxes done.  So let's wake up and try again, shall we?

GracieJ is our Dancing Banana winner this week with a fantastic -1.8.  Yes!  That's a nice, solid, sustainable loss right there. 

I got a passion in my pants and I ain't afraid to show it!

Our Banana o' Determination this week goes to repeat winner Wickey, who is also down another -1!  How sweet is that?  She changed her numbers this month and no longer lists a "total lost" since she started, so I'm not sure what her true total loss is, but I think the technical term is "a wicked lot!"

Go Wickey!  Go Wickey!

No other losers checked in this week, although I bet AJ will have some good news for us.

MrCorvin had a 0 week this week.  As did your pal JneenNatGing had a +.2, which in Jneenspeak is a 0.  Drink some water and p00p, dammit.  We don't count such things here :)

Justcat checked in with a wintry +5, and our pal Harbormistress fessed up to a buffet-fueled +10 (I don't think that's all going to stick, but I feel your pain)  No Treadmill of Shame until March...I'm trusting you to do this on your own, kids!

Interplanet and Dreamy both provided some good info this week...always appreciated.  You guys are awesome.  And thanks for popping in, kargiver!

Let's get out there and kick some butt this week, you guys!

Goal: -50 from starting date
    Starting date: 08/05/2010
    Goal date: really just want to be healthy
    Pounds lost since last checkin: 0
    Total lost: 5
    Left to go: 45
    Total lost since August 2007: 63

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItalianIce84. Show ItalianIce84's posts

It's a gorgeous day for a run or a walk outside! Just 30 minutes of either over your lunch break will be good for your heart and great for your mood! And when you make healthy decisions to exercise, you tend to make healthier decisions on the foods that you eat.... either that or you sort of cancel out the chocolate bar that you just have to have :)

in the words of BBB, just sayin!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

I love that IcyHot is like our own little Jillian Michaels.  <3

I did my weigh in today and had .5 lbs less than last week.  Grr... although I did drink and eat WAY too much over the weekend, so its a miracle that I didn't gain a couple lbs.  
    I'm getting back on track today though.  I got a really good sweat going last night at the gym on the elliptical, and a shorter workout this morning with my wii.  

Speaking of... for those of you that have Wiis... any workouts you recommend?  I have Wii fit with the balance board, and I have Zumba. 

Sections
Shortcuts