The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WickedMcCool. Show WickedMcCool's posts

Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread

I'm lucky that I'm one of those stress/non-eater types because the stress this week helped me to lose 2 more pounds!!  I totally NEED to get back to excercising though.  I've done NOTHING in two and a half months and that's not how I normally roll.  I've always done some hour-long activity at least 3 times a week...

Goal: -20 from starting date
    Starting date: 06/30/2011
    Goal date: -20 by 11/24/2011
    Pounds lost this week: 2
    Total lost: -9
    Left to go: 11
    Total lost since August 2010: 22
    High protein, low carbs is what I try to follow.  It keeps me from being hungry because when I'm hungry, I'm doomed to eat everything in site!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

UPDATE!
    Goal - 50 lbs
    start date: 6/30/11
    Goal date: January (50 by 50)
    loss this week: 0
    loss to-date: 12.6
    to go: 37.4

disappointing but not unexpected - celebrated Mr. B's birthday with red meat, hard liquor and a KILLER lemon cake.

Back to chicken and veggies!

Hey McCool - I'll take some of that weight losing stress for you if you need to Cool

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

I have been having a good week.  I need to make sure I don't COMPLETELY undo it this weekend.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

JNeen - remember that dancing around your living room counts as exercise!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from calicokitty. Show calicokitty's posts

Here is my week 5 update:

Goal: -20 from starting date
    Starting date: 08/27/2011
    Goal date: 10 by Thanksgiving - then just hang on through the holidays
    Pounds lost this week: 1.7
    Total lost: 5.3
    Left to go: 14.7
    Total lost since August 2011: 5.3

I had really good results this week, I think by continuing to stick by my strict daily calorie limit from last week when I couldn't do much exercise. I did that and added exercise this week since my injury is mostly healed.

And I have to say that knowing I have a Saturday morning weigh in for this report really helps me skip an afternoon or late night snack, especially near the end of the week so thanks again for starting this thread.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Loud-Mouthed-Broad. Show Loud-Mouthed-Broad's posts

I like hearing the updates from people who struggle and then make progress.  Dieting is work for me - it helps to know I am not the only one.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

***UPDATE TIME!!!***

Hi kids!  Hope you had a good week!  We have some really successful losers.  I am proud of you all :)

Guess who gets the Dancing banana this week!  Go ahead...guess!

It's MEEEEE!!!  Jneen!  With a practically Dimmy-esque 4 freaking pounds gone!

Slide slide slippity slide...

I think a lot of it has to do with the oddly up weigh-in I had last week, plus I started taking vitamins and my CLA supplement again which was so successful in the spring.  Except I am not having any weird reactions to it this time around (knock on wood).  Sweet!

This week's Banana o' Determination goes to the wonderful -callie, who has been tracking her intake and doing yoga and all kinds of other wonderful things for herself.  Do not get discouraged if the scale is flatlining on you.  Don't you feel better, stronger, more energetic?  Those are the important things.  You just keep doing what you do, pretty girl. :)

jump jump!

Other fantastical losers this week include perennial champ Wickey with a -2, calico with  -1.7, GMV with -1.3 and LMB with -1.  You guys rock my world!!! 

JTB is our steady holder this week.  I miss Icey, NatGing and sm1231 checking in with their exercise stuff.  Come back!  And the rest of you lurkers!  Even if you don't want to put up numbers, pretty please check in with us and tell us what you're doing!  Why am I yelling?!!

Luna-llena is not being sentenced to the Treadmill of Shame with her +.4.  No.  I am instead sentencing her to a few oatmeal or Kashi breakfasts and some extra water.  I expect more (umm...less) from you next week, missy :)

I love each and every one of your posts, you guys.  You have no idea how helpful you are to me AND to each other.

Rock on!

My official numbers are as follows:

My official numbers:
    Goal: -50 from starting date
    Starting date: 08/05/2010
    Goal date: really just want to be healthy
    Pounds lost this week: -4 woohoo!!!!
    Total lost: 15
    Left to go: 35
    Total lost since August 2007: 65

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WickedMcCool. Show WickedMcCool's posts

WOO HOO!!!  CONGRATULATIONS, JNEEN!!!!  You deserve this!!  And I hope it's just the beginning for you!!!

What is a 'CLA supplement?"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

Wickey - here's the Wikipedia about it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conjugated_linoleic_acid

Basically, if someone is extremely overweight and has insulin-resistance issues, they should probably stay away from it, but it doesn't hurt to give it a shot and see if it works for you.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e. Show 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e's posts

Hot diggity dog, Jneen! 4 pounds!

Great job, everybody. Frankly there are days I'm just plain thrilled I'm not still gaining. This week wasn't too promising, but I tried to watch portions and I am sitting here in a pair of jeans I haven't been able to get into for a while, so I'm thinking even a small loss is a big deal.

I truly do not want to have to go back to the WW approach, weighing portions and measuring everything and writing it down, but that may become the case.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

WAY.TO.GO.JNEEN!!!!!

You rock girl!  See the BF ain't so bad for the butt :)

Congrats to all and see you round the watercooler

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Loud-Mouthed-Broad. Show Loud-Mouthed-Broad's posts

Hooray Jneen!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

on this Monday, just a few reminders on meal portion size:

When you have a meal, your protein portion should be about the size of a deck of cards

Potatoes/whole grains should be about the size of an ice cream scoop, no more pasta than the size of your fist.

It helps to fill up at least half of your plate with veggies :) 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

Thanks Jneen!

And for those looking to cut back on carbs - spaghetti squash season is upon us - cut in half, scrape out seeds, nuke face down in pan with 1/3 cup water for 17 minutes, scrape flesh and enjoy!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from naturalginger. Show naturalginger's posts

JTB - Not just carbs, calories too! For a similar texture to compliment your favorite marinara sauce, it's only 45c a cup vs 200c for a cup of spaghetti!  I've been eating one for lunch a couple times a week.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCorvin. Show MrCorvin's posts

I've disappeared. I haven't unpacked my scale, and my diet hasn't been too hot. It won't be worked out until my next payday to be honest. I'll keep you posted as I unpack.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from calicokitty. Show calicokitty's posts

Yay Jneen!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

CHC,

GMV suggested this would be a good place to message to you.

Shaw's has sesame tahini on sale. I just picked up a few. Delicious!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeredithGoldstein. Show MeredithGoldstein's posts

Reading this as I sit here and decide whether to have a popsicle. You've all guilted me into having fruit instead. :) - M

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e. Show 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e's posts

Yes, Meredith. Fruit good! Popsicle bad! We try to keep things simple.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

I had ice cream.  The Hood coffee kind with the little chocolate lighthouses in it :)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

In Response to Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread:
    [QUOTE]Reading this as I sit here and decide whether to have a popsicle. You've all guilted me into having fruit instead. :) - M
    Posted by MeredithGoldstein[/QUOTE
    ________________________-

Mere, the all fruit ones (Trader Joe Lime is the best) aren't THAT bad! - If you're really craving!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e. Show 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e's posts

It's true. One popsicle is not such a sin and all fruit popsicles probably have a place in the diet of people who can eat a lot of sugars, but they gave me popsicles after I had major surgery and I haven't quite felt the same way about them since.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JazzyJtotheILL. Show JazzyJtotheILL's posts

In Response to Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread:
    [QUOTE]***UPDATE TIME!!!*** Hi kids!  Hope you had a good week!  We have some really successful losers.  I am proud of you all :) Guess who gets the Dancing banana this week!  Go ahead...guess! It's MEEEEE!!!  Jneen !  With a practically Dimmy-esque 4 freaking pounds gone! Slide slide slippity slide... I think a lot of it has to do with the oddly up weigh-in I had last week, plus I started taking vitamins and my CLA supplement again which was so successful in the spring.  Except I am not having any weird reactions to it this time around (knock on wood).  Sweet! This week's Banana o' Determination goes to the wonderful -callie , who has been tracking her intake and doing yoga and all kinds of other wonderful things for herself.  Do not get discouraged if the scale is flatlining on you.  Don't you feel better, stronger, more energetic?  Those are the important things.  You just keep doing what you do, pretty girl. :) jump jump! Other fantastical losers this week include perennial champ Wickey with a -2 , calico with  -1.7 , GMV with -1.3 and LMB with -1 .  You guys rock my world!!!  JTB is our steady holder this week.  I miss Icey , NatGing and sm1231 checking in with their exercise stuff.  Come back!  And the rest of you lurkers!  Even if you don't want to put up numbers, pretty please check in with us and tell us what you're doing!  Why am I yelling?!! Luna-llena is not being sentenced to the Treadmill of Shame with her +.4 .  No.  I am instead sentencing her to a few oatmeal or Kashi breakfasts and some extra water.  I expect more (umm...less) from you next week, missy :) I love each and every one of your posts, you guys.  You have no idea how helpful you are to me AND to each other. Rock on! My official numbers are as follows: My official numbers: Goal: -50 from starting date Starting date: 08/05/2010 Goal date: really just want to be healthy Pounds lost this week: -4 woohoo!!!! Total lost: 15 Left to go: 35 Total lost since August 2007: 65
    Posted by ThatJneenGrrl[/QUOTE]

congrats Jneen!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

Thanks, pretty girlie!