The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread

I don't tend to want food when I drink, but that's just me.

Oh, hey!

I totally forgot to do our weekly update yesterday, and I had all the time in the world to do so!

I'll get on that tonight when I get home.  Sorry kids.

Kargs, saw your pretty dress in that other forum.  You look radiant.  Nice work, chickadee!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GracieJ. Show GracieJ's posts

Thanks. Lily.  JBar found that for me.

Kargiver--thanks again for all the good suggestions, especially for the lavendar oil suggestion.  I'll get some. 

I've been keeping up with my exercises and added weights into the mix.  As I have said before, I KNOW all the right things to do, it's just doing them when the stress hits the fan!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

Thats great that you are at least exercising Gracie.  

I agree that knowing what the right thing to do is and actually doing it are entirely different things.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Jneen, thanks!

GracieJ, you're being mindful of how stress impacts your efforts and that's half the battle of keeping it from destroying your progress.  You can do it, we're all here for you!

Definitely, knowing vs doing is how I gain 7 - 10 lbs a year, darn it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Re: The Official LL

Kargiver, are you lefthanded?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yes...a lefthanded math degree toting former engineer (figured it's been awhile since I mentioned that).  How'd you guess?

ETA:  Did you get my warning here about your tongue getting stuck in your cheek?  That was funny, and you didn't respond.  I was hurt.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Your pictures from yesterday. I noticed your right arm/hand was positioned in a way that indicated to me it wasnt your dominant side. Plus you snapped the picture with your left hand which is a giveaway as well

I like it that youre a lefty

ETA: Sorry for the non-response. Your posting felt a little ummm...complimentary to me. A ompliment always makes me nervous, and I sometimes dont know how to respond to one

Now if you had called me an MF or something, that's different. You definitely would have gotten a reaction out of me:) 

ETA2: I just reread your post. All you did was say I was a "decent egg". What is so "ummm...omplimentary" about that? Youd think I'd be able to handle it without freaking and then laugh with your "poke a hole" remark. WTH is wrong with me?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ah, the photos - very observant, Ache.  But, re my joke, you were off your game a little to miss my deliberately essentially neutral "defense," but glad you're back on track.

I went bananas yesterday and ate like a pig after trying to cut far too many calories for the day.  I know better than that, but I'm going out next week and am feeling the pressure to look my best.  I hardly ever go to Boston, anymore...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from luna_llena. Show luna_llena's posts

Goal - 30 lbs
    Start date - 2/22/11
    Goal Date - 6/1/2012
    Pounds lost this week  +2.6
    Left to go - 23.4 
    Total lost since 2/22/11 - 6.6 lbs

Nice.  I gained back everything I lost two weeks ago, plus .2.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harbourmistress. Show Harbourmistress's posts

youre probably half right, Kar, i really did go nuts with food AND carbs, and no matter what anyone says about a calorie being a calorie, in my experience thats not true, i react very badly to carbs on a couple of levels.  i was very disciplined most of this week diet-wise and have in fact lost half what i gained.

i only got out that one day so far but am very motivated by todays gorgeous weather to get out tonite, tomorrow nite and sunday. and im going to be FAR more resolved to not 'sample' the food when im working at temple this week, and going to utilize my 'peppermint gum' strategy then as well.

SoftPatina posted on here today, having met me tuesday nite, that she thinks i have nowhere to lose any more weight from, but i was in a loose dress that night, lol. 

having said that however, i ran into someone today i havent seen in a while. no idea if she had bypass surgery or did it the old fashioned way, but she's lost a LOT of weight.  but she looked AWFUL. truly truly AWFUL.  her face is way too thin and now all saggy and wrinkly because of it....and she's YOUNGER than i am.  i dont want to lose so much that anyone looks at me and mentally goes 'EW!' like i did with her today.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Well, if you went totally nuts every day for a week I suppose you could have gained that much "real" weight, but good for you for getting right back on the wagon and back on track, hm.  If carbs are "extra" bad for you, make sure that they are all whole grain when you do eat any and use a measuring cup.  A 1/2 cup is one serving and isn't really that much.  3 true servings a day (very little) shouldn't undo your efforts and give you the energy you need to think straight and exercise and have energy in general.  Sounds like your friend had surgery and lost too fast.  I think you're on track to looking and feeling great.  As slow a process as it might be, you're preventing that "truly, truly awful" look. :)

luna, keep the faith!  6.6 lbs lost is fantastic.  I lose no more than about 3 lbs a month, for reference.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I've got a question for the ladies...

How do you deal with the Salt Monster every month?  I am practically powerless against it, chowing down on salty snacks for a week which obviously is the worst thing I can do for myself during that time.  ARGH!!!  Does anyone else deal with this?  How do you manage that week?  I've never been able to handle it successfully.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

Kargs, I always tried to make sure I was eating enough iron-rich protein during those times and it helped stave off the cravings.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

In Response to Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread:
    I've got a question for the ladies... How do you deal with the Salt Monster every month?  I am practically powerless against it, chowing down on salty snacks for a week which obviously is the worst thing I can do for myself during that time.  ARGH!!!  Does anyone else deal with this?  How do you manage that week?  I've never been able to handle it successfully.
    Posted by kargiver

Lots and lots of water!  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, ladies!  PMS is a b, and a total saboteur of my goals every darned month.  I'll up my water intake and get some lean red meat when I go shopping this afternoon.  Thanks, again!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harbourmistress. Show Harbourmistress's posts

Ok, im neither a doctor nor a nutritionist, but i do read a lot, and when i used to get PMS (hysterectomy 10 yrs ago, thank GOD) i read that taking the combination supplement calcium/magnesium/zinc was helpful.  i started taking it daily, and would double up (morning plus night) for a few days when 'it' was coming....MAYBE it was a placebo effect, but id taken other things hopefully that never worked.  this worked LIKE A CHARM.  huge difference in ALL my symptoms. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Awesome, HM, thanks!!  I need help with all my other symptoms, too, not just salt cravings.

I'm totally suffering today, but thankfully, I don't feel a bit like eating let alone overeating.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from -callie. Show -callie's posts

I began posting here way back when needing to lose the stess 20 I had gained. I dropped out around Thanksgiving I think - and after a rough up and down winter I'm determined to get back on track! I love all the positive energy and advice I read looking back a few pages! I'm back where I started needing to lose 20 (and that's a good/bad thing!).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Welcome callie!  Congrats on being back to 20.  That IS a good thing.  You could have done a lot of damage in this time, and you didn't which means you're already making pretty decent choices.  

Let us know if you have specific ways we can help like I did just now about my salt cravings from PMS.  The ladies helped a lot, and I'm almost through this month's "disaster week" without any damage done for the first time in years.  Thanks!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

I made very poor eating decisions over the weekend.

And I enjoyed every minute of it!  

I'll be back on track tomorrow.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

If you enjoyed it, why not once in awhile?!  You only live once, and your goals can still be met. :)  See you Monday.  I porked out tonight, as well; it's DH's birthday and I made his favorite meal...mine, too, coincidently - lamb chops.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

AJ, don't count that up for heaven's sake, just enjoy the afterglow.

CHC, good attitude.  Drink tons of water this week, and you'll be in good shape by Friday.

Here's my dinner from tonight...I didn't count up these calories, I'll tell ya.  And, don't be fooled by the spinach - was sauted in butter.

Sections
Shortcuts