The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread

Cool, thanks, JTB.  I still haven't braved the Bowflex.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

I got my bathing suit today! It fits perfectly and it makes me look good! The girls look great, my tummy isn't too flabby in it and it even makes my butt look pretty good. And all for $46!!! It doesn't look cheaply made, either. I'm a happy AJ.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Congrats on bathing suit success this early in the year!  That's a great buy, too.  If you're looking for accessories, I'm in love with this site.  My SIL ordered stuff from here to go to Florida last month and in prep for a cruise later this year and is very happy with her purchases.  I had a very hard time finding a nice coverup for Aruba; wish I'd found this before we went.  Coolibar

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

I really like your butt.  It is perfectly proportioned.

I just felt like sharing :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

Haha thanks Neener. It is one of my better ASSets ;)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

No matter what size I am, I've got too much junk in the trunk!  Thanks, a lot, Mom.  Oh, well, I buy jeans made for "curvy" women and make the best of it. :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

baby got back?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

You know it!  There's an 11 inch difference between my waist and hips at both my min and max adult weight.  It makes clothes shopping a challenge.  But, I mainly I shop for jeans at consignment shops in wealthy areas.  High end curvy stuff for $10 - 15 instead of $100+.  Although, I do like Eddie Bauer.  Banana Republic, on the other hand, is a complete waste of my time - if I can pull those up over my hips the waist is gigantic on me. 

ETA:  Had to share that I found a fabulous fat free sour cream at Trader Joe's that's actually worth eating.  There's no sugar added to make up for the lack of fat like in so many other fat free products (have you looked at the abysmal ingredient list in Fat Free 1/2 and 1/2?").  Taste and texture very close to the orginal and only 15 calories for 2 tablespoons, a hefty, satisfying portion for a topping.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

Uh, kargiver?

THAT'S AWESOME.

That's not junk.  Them's babymaking hips and the boys dig them.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

By the way, I think they started sizing most jeans differently than they used to.

My Size 6 sister has a little waist/perfect butt thing going on.  Jeans that used to fit her from certain manufacturers no longer fit her correctly.  They all bag out in the waist, but are too thin through the thighs.  I think this is because if you look at pictures of average American women now as opposed to 20 years ago, they tend to pack on pounds in that area instead of in their butts.  I have no idea why that is, but I think it all started with the stupid "fat is bad, carbs are good" diets of the 90's.  American grocery shelves are loaded with corn-based products, and I think it's throwing us into this weird pre-diabetic "lets all gain weight in our waist" thing.

I have to try on pair after pair of jeans to find ones that don't have a giant swath of extra cloth at the waist but still fit my hips/thighs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

LLBean has jeans that run true to size (a little big actually) and the relaxed fit has more room in the derriere.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

for jeans I've found that NYDJ's are the best fit. And if you go to the Nordy's Rack, they're usually under $50.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

LLBean are mom jeans.  I can't do it.  I just can't.

I just try on stuff I like that comes through the racks at Marshall's/TJMaxx until I find some that fit.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItalianIce84. Show ItalianIce84's posts

I do the same thing with jeans, Jneen. it's try, try again until you find smething that doesn't pancake your butt and give you an evil muffin top!

your dream summary cracked me up -- that's how I feel about the prospect of running with my two best friends who are crazy runners.. I'll be collapsed on the ground, in desperate need of oxygen, praying for a hot EMT to come to my rescue..:)

However, now that the weather is getting nicer, I AM looking for walking buddies... I loooooooove super long walks around the city on 65 degree days, so anytime you're up for it, you let me know :)

In other bathing suit news, I have to wear bathing suits this weekend. I got 2 new bikinis from Victoria's Secret, and I actually don't hate the way they look. The bottoms tie on the sides, so you can make them as loose as you need to so that you don;t muffin top over them... I like the way I look in these now, but I'm hoping by June, I will LOVE the way I look in them... gotta start doing more ab work to tighten up the tummy area....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

In Response to Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread:
    [QUOTE]LLBean are mom jeans.  I can't do it.  I just can't. I just try on stuff I like that comes through the racks at Marshall's/TJMaxx until I find some that fit.
    Posted by ThatJneenGrrl[/QUOTE]

I understand, I felt the same way, but at some point I decided comfort and quality were more important!  Not all their stuff is "mom" looking, they have bathing suits and tankinis, two piece stuff,  I think you can buy separately.   Plus, hassle free return policy.     http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/507487/0/Relevance/1?nav=ln-507492

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from luna_llena. Show luna_llena's posts

This baby got back, too . . . hence the screen name, which means full moon in Spanish!  (There may be a "lunatic" connection there, too, but I digress.)

Old Navy's Sweetheart jeans aren't too mom-ish.  I just got skinny jeans for the first time, they fit into boots and don't make me look too much like Humpty Dumpty.  At least, if they do, nobody has said anything yet.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

In Response to Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread:
    [QUOTE]Uh, kargiver? THAT'S AWESOME. That's not junk.  Them's babymaking hips and the boys dig them.
    Posted by ThatJneenGrrl[/QUOTE]

Thanks!  Embarassed

And, for all the curvy jean suggestions!  I know sizes have been getting bigger and bigger (wedding dresses are the real test if you want to know what size you would have been in 1960), but I wasn't aware of the general shape change.  Interesting stuff.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

However, now that the weather is getting nicer, I AM looking for walking buddies... I loooooooove super long walks around the city on 65 degree days, so anytime you're up for it, you let me know :)

~~~~~~

I like this idea very much :)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

IcyHot I'm always up for long walks!  We'll have to go when you come back from your trip :)

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from naturalginger. Show naturalginger's posts

Current Weight: 154.2
    Last Weigh In:  155.4
    Lost since March 2012: -2.8
    Progess this week: -1.2

GAP CURVY JEANS! I have a serious waist to hip ratio situation over here as well, and I've fallen in love with that style. I think they're too expensive (unless you hit the outlet or sale they are like $69+) but when they fit, they fit.

For anyone out there with an iPhone - my new workout buddy is the Nike Training Club application. It has SO many workouts of varying degrees, little videos that show you EXACTLY how to do each move, and you can set it to music and go and the trainer voice coaches you thru what you should be doing, when, and for how long, including tips about how you should be self adjusting to get the most out of the move. Whenever I can't make it to the gym, I do one of the "15 minute: Get Focused" work outs, and I will say, my abs (or that area of my torso that will someday become abs) are showing the results. It's almost as good as a trainer at the gym for those of us that need direction.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from luna_llena. Show luna_llena's posts

Goal - 30 lbs
    Start date - 2/22/11
    Goal Date - 6/1/2012
    Pounds lost this week  .4
    Left to go - 22 
    Total lost since 2/22/11 - 8 lbs

This week I'm being shamed into actually staying within my point count, because Boot Camp Coach has asked to see my food log.  His nutrition plan is much more spartan than WW, and if I had to live on that I'd cut my wrists right now!  So I'm hoping that my results for next week will be good so he'll get off my case about the food thing.
    At this point I'm ok with baby steps, like finally being able to tuck in a shirt.  And I'm ok with not ever being thin again . . . if I have to choose between my face & my @ss, I'll choose my face since nobody has seen my @ss for awhile.  Undecided

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

UPDATE:
    Goal - 50 lbs
    start date: 6/30/11
    Goal date: 6/30/12
    loss this week: -.2
    loss to-date: 17,2
    to go: 32.8

I will take it! getting measured tonite by my trainer - will be interesting to see if there's any inches down

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Luna, if your trainer's calorie goals for you are literally too little for you to feel satisfied, I'd be up front about that with him and have him either give you tips regarding what to eat to feel more satisfied with that number of calories, increase your daily target, or both.  If his plan isn't working, no sense hiding it - instead get coaching more tailored to your needs so you'll stick with a plan that works for you.

I've discovered Trader Joe's whole grain tortilla's.  They're 130 calories, and really yummy (imo).  Big enough to spread a heaping serving (1/4 cup) of shredded low fat cheese, and 1/4 cup of salsa on for a toaster oven Mexican pizza for about 250 calories.  I've also made 400 calorie pb&j (low sugar Smuckers) using them.  Just finished a 550 calorie version of the Mexican pizza by adding a whole avocado.  I'm stuffed, and it was so good.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from luna_llena. Show luna_llena's posts

Thanks Kargiver . . . At this point I'm sticking with WW points plus and just doing the bootcamp for exercise.  The coach is young, enthusiastic and a weight lifter, so I don't fit his usual demographic.  I'm sure he's looking for far more dramatic results.  But I figured just the threat of having someone read my food log would be enough to get me to follow the plan.

And I love Trader Joe's!