The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread

As long as what he's doing is working for you overall, that's great.  If you're paying someone to personalize a program for you, though, you have the right to speak up if you ever want to.  

I find something new (to me, anyway) and fabulous at TJs every week!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

I've been losing focus this week.  I don't know if its the nice weather or what.  I HAVE been walking a LOT more though... walking to and from work most days this week, and I went on a jog yesterday.  

I think my weigh in on Monday is going to be disappointing.  :/

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I hope you're surprised on Monday, AJ.  Good job ditching the ride!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, yeah, CHC, I totally agree - processed food definitely is the worst enemy to health and fat loss.  It's got TONS of hidden salt, sugar, and fat which not only pack empty calories, but the salt and sugar make you store water, too.  So, they pack a double whammy of fat gain and bloating.  Not to mention all the chemicals (preservatives, color additives, etc).  We'd all be smart to avoid the center aisles of the supermarket!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

So what kind of diet are you following exactly CHC?  Is it just a vegan diet?  

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

Thanks for the info... I'll have to check it out later.  

I am a big fan of taking probiotics.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Me, too, especially after anti-biotics.  I used to get UTIs a lot (before my daily cranberry juice regimen) so it seemed I was either taking anti- or probiotics all the time!  I even got one for my dog post-surgery to replenish her good flora after antibiotics and to get her digestive system on track, again.  Anesthesia is a b.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harbormistress. Show Harbormistress's posts

im so off track its ridiculous.  ive GAINED 12lbs now since 1/1/12.  ugh.  i did walk yesterday and had every intention of doing so today but here it is 1:45 and i havent yet.  i just cant seem to turn off my appetite either.  i really must start making walking dates with friends every day, as i have zero self motivation.  i have a big incentive to lose the 12 ive gained and the five i wanted to lose before that happened but its only four weeks away, so so much for that.
    ugh.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

That's discouraging, HM, sorry you're having a hard time.  Have you lost a lot in the last year or two?  I just read in last month's Shape that if you lose a lot of weight your body produces hormones afterwards that makes you feel hungry even when you're really not for up to a year later.  To foil that affect you have to be keenly aware of it and distract yourself when you feel hungry when you shouldn't be for how much you've had to eat.  After awhile, it goes away and you only feel hungry when you really do need to eat.  Could that be the culprit?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'm starting to get complacent given I'm 5 lbs from my goal and knowing that in July we'll be doing our annual 3 week Purification (Standard Process)* where I always lose about 7 or 8 lbs.  The problem with that, of course, though, is if I get lazy I'll end up needing to lose more than that by then.  Sigh.

*only distributed directly to health practioners (chiropractors, mostly), but we get it from my aunt

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harbormistress. Show Harbormistress's posts

Not sure, Kargiver....i did lose 35 lbs a year ago, but its actually a little more than a year ago now.  i think im bored.  im used to working 80hrs a week and since the beginning of the year ive been doing more like 50hrs.  on top of that, one of my closest friends has been away since the 1st of the year.  but i also think that for me, personally, it's 'the more i eat, the more i eat.'  and i went for about a week a couple of months ago where every night seemed like there was some event that encouraged overeating, and that started my downward (upward) spiral.  so today and tomorrow im going liquids only, a strategy that has worked for me in the past, so we'll see. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

You've got a lot going on, HM, but at least you have a handle on how it's been affecting you and are getting back on track.  12 lbs stinks, but often people let things spiral far beyond that before hitting the breaks.  I gained 30 lbs before I looked in the mirror and freaked out...actually, it was my reflection in my peripheral vision in a glass building I was walking by - I thought that fat woman was someone else at first.  OMG, what a moment.  I digress.  GL with the kickstart!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

HM, I don't have binges where I thoroughly overdo it on a regular basis (although I do usually give myself one day a week - typically a weekend day - where I eat EXACTLY what I want for dinner and refuse to feel bad about it), but I do get into bad habits where if I have something once, I want it at the same time every day.

Now that strawberries are back in season, I'm trying to keep a big container of cut up ones in the fridge so I can have a cup of them with a smidge of whipped cream instead of heading for the ice cream along with my kids at 8pm every night.

I think I had a good week this past week.  I resumed a light 10 minute upper body lifting regimen again that I had fallen out of the habit of doing (just a quick run-through with the five pound handweights) that I do before I get ready for work, and I've increased my walking - including a planned at-least-once-a-week 45 minute spin around the Harborwalk on our lunch hour with a certain beauty who works in my building :) 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harbormistress. Show Harbormistress's posts

Yes, i really need to get cracking with the 8lb weights as well as obviously shortsleeve/sleeveless season is here.  and i also really need a walking buddy because i have zero selfmotivation and i get bored very easily - need someone to talk to while walking.  think i'll post something to that effect on FB and hope i get a taker.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harbormistress. Show Harbormistress's posts

Well, halfway through Day2 of selfimposed liquids-only 'fast' and feel MUCH better already.  pretty confident that i can start actually chewing tomorrow in a much more controlled fashion.  wish me luck!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

Good luck!   I always thought fasting with H20 and fruit juice one day a month was a good idea to cleanse the system and give the digestive system a rest  even if you're not trying to lose weight.    Regarding fasting longer than 24 hours,  I would check with your physician first. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harbormistress. Show Harbormistress's posts

i want being as restrictive as all that DL, i did probably a quart of unsweetened almond milk through the course of each day, probably the same amount of low-sodium V8, several cups of homemade (ie no salt) chicken broth, a whole lot of green tea and water and last nite i had a very satisfying bowl of homemade cream of broccoli soup that didnt actually have any cream in it, just stock and steamed broccoli whirled together in the blender and a swirl of fat free sour cream on top.  i even allowed myself a glass of white wine with that.  pretty sure ive burned off quite a few calories walking up and down the stairs to the bathroom as a bonus!  for me, there's just something about not actually chewing, and as you said, resting the digestive tract, that gets me back on track.  i also turned down two dinner invitations for the week, because i know dont have much self-control in those situations. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

I used to think that half a donut or half a muffin or a bite of this, or a bite of that didn't count!   But it does, it adds up!   I found it the hardest in the workplace cause people are always bringing in stuff (usually loaded with sugar).   Just say "No thank you!" 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

The "free food" emails were so hard for me to resist when I worked in an office.  It was far easier, though, when I was planning the wedding; my dress fabric was a heavy silk that had no give.  Talk about motivation!  

My ultimate life weight goal is to always be able to zip that dress up...not that I'll ever need to put it on, again, though, and that's the problem.  I need something that really counts to lose these last 5 lbs I've gained since the wedding.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harbormistress. Show Harbormistress's posts

If i lose the 10 i now want to lose, i will be able to fit into my wedding dress, which will be 26yrs old in may.  of course, id actually rather burn it, then trample the ashes, but thats another story!

well, today is day one back to chewing, and im feeling motivated.  though a little sun and warmth would go a long way toward even more motivation.  nothing like putting on shorts to get you headed in the right direction.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

My first wedding dress is in a landfill somewhere, lol.

The gray day is a downer, but gl with your newfound motivation and kick start fast, HM!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItalianIce84. Show ItalianIce84's posts

NatGing, that app seems awesome. I'm going to try it out this week...

I'm thinking about attempting a loooooong walk one day this weekend since it's going to be sunny, if a bit brisk... I'd even make it a jog/walk if anyone was interested...