The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread

Glad you're out of the doldrums, Jneed!

Congrats to everyone, Ginger and JTB right now, losing inches no matter what the scale says.  Muscle is far more compact than fat so if you're slimming down and gaining or not losing weight, muscle mass is very aptly the answer.  (The %fat scale would say for sure!)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

kargiver, can you see me?  My profile got nuked.  But I got it reinstated.  I guess the ladies in Confidential Chat don't like us LL peeps.  :(

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I can see you, but they're my peeps, too, and I wasn't favorably impressed with yesterday's shenanigans...since you mentioned it.  There's a long history there that's pretty ugly with a couple of people who fueled it that the others who joined in were likely unaware of.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

Sorry I took part in the disturbance.  I'll stick to the LL forums from now on.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

No worries, I knew you didn't know.  Yes, and the ugliness has been aimed at me personally for a long time for my having left my career to be a housewife and all that entails regarding my marriage and such, and maybe you can trust I'm not particularly sensitive and have a decent sense of humor.  Anyway, if it follows me here, I'll wish you guys here the best and keep the thread from going badly by leaving with no hard feelings.  Let's hope for the best...I like you guys and, like I said, have a passion for nutrition and encourging those doing their best to embrace it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

that sucks kargiver.  

I did think a few of those posts were pretty funny though... especially porkchops punchline-less jokes.  :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In Response to Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread:
    [QUOTE] My official numbers: Goal: -50 from starting date Starting date: 08/05/2010 Goal date: really just want to be healthy Pounds lost since last checkin: +2. aaauuuuugggghhhhh. Total lost: 1 Left to go: 49 Total lost since August 2007: 59
    Posted by ThatJneenGrrl[/QUOTE]

Jneen:

If you continue to lose weight at your present rate (one pound every eight months), you will reach your ultimate weight loss goal of 50 pounds in just 400 months!

400 months = 33+ years, so we're talkin' the year 2045

Good luck

Who knows? Maybe by then you might actually like me

PS What do I have to do to win a Dancing Banana?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

After what you people did to the Women's forum yesterday, you have the nerve to ask that question?

Cant you take a little joke?

I guess you can give it, but you cant take it, huh?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

What are you talking about? All I did was was point out a few facts

Maybe I admire her aggressively deliberate appproach to weight loss

Ever think of that, genius?

ETA: Did you know that an anagram for Alyssa Jones is "Enjoys Salsa"?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

I guess I didn't think of that.  Thanks for pointing it out though.  Laughing

ETA:  and  I do enjoy salsa!  I had some in my omelet this morning, in fact!  It was yummy

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]that sucks kargiver.   I did think a few of those posts were pretty funny though... especially porkchops punchline-less jokes.  :)
    Posted by AlyssaJones[/QUOTE]

We're good. :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

[QUOTE]I guess I didn't think of that.  Thanks for pointing it out though.   ETA:  and  I do enjoy salsa!  I had some in my omelet this morning, in fact!  It was yummy
    Posted by AlyssaJones[/QUOTE]

Good. I 'enjoy salsa' too. Rice and beans would be pretty dull without it

Btw, Alyssa, I have run your numbers. Here they are:

7.4/2 = 30/x...7.4x = 60...x = 8.1

8.1 = the number of months from your starting date that (at your present weight loss rate) you are scheduled to reach your target of 30 lbs

You started on 1/2/12, so according to the numbers, you should reach your goal on or about September 5, 2012...right around Labor Day weekend

Not quite in time for bikini season, but almost

Good luck. I really do hope you make it (whether it takes 8 months or 18 months or 28 months or whatever)

In the meantime, enjoy the salsa:)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from KettleofFish. Show KettleofFish's posts

AcheNot, be a fine kettle of fish, will you?
    That is all.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

fwiw, ache and I go way back; a decent egg (and salsa).  He's heavy on the sarcasm, tongue usually poking a hole in his cheek...don't hurt yourself, ache, it could stick there someday.

Speaking of salsa, it's a perfect food (if you like it, that is) for weight loss.  It adds tons of flavor, good texture, vegetables, and hardly any calories to just about anything.  Nothing is worse than bland "diet" food, and salsa can be a great cure for that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Horsies. Show Horsies's posts

[QUOTE]After what you people did to the Women's forum yesterday, you have the nerve to ask that question? Cant you take a little joke? I guess you can give it, but you cant take it, huh?
    Posted by AcheNot[/QUOTE]

Most of those posts were funny. And 99.9 percent of them were meant in good spirit. I mean, what is possibly wrong with a pink ping pong ball joke? WHy was that poofed?

But back to the topic. Lost four pounds in the past three weeks that I've been giving swim lessons. Not a lot for daily excercise, but better than gaining. I still need to cut back on the pasta.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from porkshop forever. Show porkshop forever's posts

MODS!!!!!!!!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

I think getting nuked made me all snarky and feisty. I apologize. I'm back to my regular nice self now :) Hi Porkshop!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from calicokitty. Show calicokitty's posts

Hello everyone, after having life get in the way I think I'm ready to get back to getting healthy again.

I'm starting over so this will count as my initial weigh-in:

Goal: -15 from starting date
    Starting date: 03/04/2012
    Goal date: Sept 1
    Pounds lost this week: 0
    Total lost: 0
    Left to go: 15
    Total lost since March 2012: 0

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

I like Thread Police Chop :)

I read this thing the other day that said people who eat eggs for breakfast regularly tend to weigh less.  That makes perfect sense, since protein sticks with you.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

I eat eggs almost every day for breakfast.  I always go for the pricier Omega-3 cage free eggs, too... they just taste better.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread : Most of those posts were funny. And 99.9 percent of them were meant in good spirit. I mean, what is possibly wrong with a pink ping pong ball joke? WHy was that poofed? Posted by Horsies[/QUOTE]

Umm, okay, but I was only trying to be funny yesterday too, so when one of the people who participated in the OBN Invasion called for my "nuking", I didnt like it and told her so

Pink ping pong jokes are by definition hilarious

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread : Umm, okay, but I was only trying to be funny yesterday too, so when one of the people who participated in the OBN Invasion called for my "nuking", I didnt like it and told her so Pink ping pong jokes are by definition hilarious
    Posted by AcheNot[/QUOTE]

I apologize, Achey.  Truce?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

I'm not fighting with you, Alyssa, so no truce necessary

But if you insist, where do I sign?

ETA: Apology accepted:)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Welcome, calico!  Your goal looks totally reasonable with good habits employed.  Best wishes!

AFM, after a 9 lb loss I dared try my "skinny jeans" (goal jeans) this morning, and they buttoned and zipped up!  Not looking good enough to wear, yet, and I didn't dare sit down in them, but my remaining 5 lbs ought to take care of that.  Woo hoo!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

Awesome job, kargs!!

Woo hoo!

I am still stuck in winter limbo.  The pictures from Friday's hijinks are not helping my mood :)