The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread

No different scrips, Kargs.  Just the same BP meds I've been on since 2007.

Oh well.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from naturalginger. Show naturalginger's posts

JTB, if you lived around here we could go to hot yoga together - I'm sure I lose at least .4lb every time I go!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Neen, sorry - I can't think of another thing that might explain why the same diet and exercise isn't paying off this year the way it did last Spring. :(

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

thanks NattyG - I might just do that tonite down here Cool

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

I think I figured it out.

I'm missing out on some walking, since I used to let my oldest drive the other two to school and I would walk to the train.  That's like an extra 30-40 mins a day of walking that I'm not getting in on top of my usual NSta to work route.

The oldest is at college now, and the next one in line is in driving school, so I've been driving them in the morning, then parking near the train.

I'm going to make them walk on the non-rainy days starting on Monday :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from luna_llena. Show luna_llena's posts

That would do it . . . that's a lot of walking.

(PS:  No weigh in this week, the group leader was on vacation and I don't own a scale.  It's probably just as well.)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, yeah, that's got to be it - that'd be, what, about 150 calories a day?  Mystery solved!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from -callie. Show -callie's posts

I've been going to an outdoor boot camp type class - it's great to be outdoors now that the weather's turning, but though I've been pacing myself (this group is in pretty good shape. Me, not as much) I keep getting dizzy and light-headed. I can't figure out why. I'm not over-exerting, drinking plenty of water, but it keeps happening. We do go up and down this big flight of stairs - I don't know if this is somehow the problem? I mostly skipped that this morning but still wound up having to walk off the lightheadedness. Has anyone experienced anything like this? I may just have to stick to the indoor gym and bike riding ...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from -callie. Show -callie's posts

On the plus side, I'm down a pound this week.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

Low blood pressure?  Blood pressure is always lowest in the morning.  Some people have to take it easy for the first hour or two after waking up.  PS: If you are on a anti-hypertensive, you may want to check with your dr, as you lose weight and increase your activity level you may need your medication dosage adjusted.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orthostatic_hypotension

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Has this ever happened to you at any other time?  bp is a good place to start investigating; an annual physical might be in order.  I assume you haven't had it checked in awhile since you didn't mention it.

If you aren't exerting yourself harder or longer at a time than you do at the gym, it's probably not the exercise itself.  It sounds like it only happens to you outdoors, and that makes me wonder if you have reduced pulmonary function (do you cough during the class?) due to pollen allergies or pollution.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from -callie. Show -callie's posts

Low blood pressure ... hmmm. I tend to run low, usually not a problem. I don't usually exercise so early in the morning so this may make sense. I guess I'll try it for a little while longer and see it works out. Thanks for your input doglady & kar. I definitely wouldn't have come up with that on my own.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

Get your bp checked at one of those CVS machines for free, they're pretty accurate or better yet have a nurse take your orthostatic vital signs in the morning, if you stand up quickly and your bp drops (orthostatic hypotension), that would cause you to feel dizzy, lightheaded.  If it's happening a lot you should get it checked out to rule out a neurological problem,  sometimes it could be indicative of a TIA but you would be passing out.  That's probably not it or you'd be having more symptoms than you mentioned,  but don't push yourself when you're having one of these episodes. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transient_ischemic_attack

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good point, CHC, it could be low blood sugar, as well.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

Re: The Official LL

It could be anything, but usually dizziness and lightheadedness points to something neurological once low blood pressure has been ruled out if the patient is in good health otherwise (as she has indicated she is).  Imo.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harbormistress. Show Harbormistress's posts

Hello ladies.  Still struggling to take off the 10 i gained post-mum.  think ive gotten 4 of that off, though at one point the numbers on the scale were so scary i erased them from my memory.  so that puts me at a goal of 15lbs or so, not do-able before the JB concert on 6/23.  I'll be lucky if i can do it before 7/4.

you can all assess my butt and baggage on thursday! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

How's everyone?  

Not much going on here.  I'm not really focusing on my weight until the garden starts producing.  If the freeze doesn't kill everything tonight we'll be eating bushels of salad every day pretty soon.  The asparagus is starting to make an appearance.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

Asparagus straight from the garden is the most delicious thing ever.

It tastes nothing like supermarket asparagus

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I know, I'm so spoiled...it's like candy, but tastier.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from -callie. Show -callie's posts

Thanks for all the input re: my lightheadedness. I've been snarfing down eggs before my early morning work outs ( protein seems to make sense?) and have been more careful about pacing myself . Not nearly as dizzy this past week - and yet my butt still feels the pain :-/ Holding steady poundage wise.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Glad you're feeling better!  But, if you add a complex carbohydrate like a 1/2 cup of oatmeal, 100% whole grain toast, or 100% whole wheat pancake would do you even better than just eggs.   This will not only bring up your blood sugar and maintain it during your workout more effectively, but you'll get even more out of your workout for having the energy.  You might be thinking it will undo the good you're doing by the workout because of the carbs, but it doesn't work that way, I promise.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from luna_llena. Show luna_llena's posts

Goal - 30 lbs
    Start date - 2/22/11
    Goal Date - 9/1/2012
    Pounds lost this week  1.8
    Left to go - 18.4 
    Total lost since 2/22/11 - 11.6 lbs

Have we fizzled out here?  I certainly hope not . . . nowhere else do I have the chance to earn dancing bananas.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Congrats on a great week, luna!!  

I've been flucuating, eager to do my annual 3 week Standard Process Purification.  I always lose 7 lbs on that, and that'll get me to my goal.  

The garden is providing asparagus, enough to have some every day!

Sections
Shortcuts