The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItalianIce84. Show ItalianIce84's posts

Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread

Yay AJ!!!!!!!!

Let me know how this diet goes!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from luna_llena. Show luna_llena's posts

Oh, ItalianIce, I feel your pain . . . being in kind of the same boat myself.  It makes me painfully cranky.
    But this was a pretty good week (thank you, boot camp coach):

Goal - 30 lbs
    Start date - 2/22/11
    Goal Date - 6/1/2012
    Pounds lost this week 2.4
    Left to go - 20.8 
    Total lost since 2/22/11 - 9.2 lbs

If I can keep going in this direction, at least I won't be fat and cranky.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

AJ, thanks for the explanation.  It sounds like a decent kick start, and I'm a lover of rules myself so I understand that need.  Of course, all weight loss is about calories, though, so if you lose 10 lbs quickly on extremely few calories and then slowly add back more calories you could regain, albeit slowly, before you know it so be super careful if you go that way. SB worked for you because it's a longterm solution of lower calories and nutrient dense food.  I know you'll have a fabulous time!

Italianice, not TMI at all.  They call it comfort food for a reason, lol.  I love your "eat this not that" suggestions. 

luna, congrats on a great week!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

But kargiver, this diet isn't about eating "extremely few calories" at all. He says to eat as much as you want within certain restrictions. It's very similar to the SB Diet in that way. And btw... I am dying to have a glass of wine or bourbon right now. It's a good thing I don't have anything in the house.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Sounds great, then!  Your day does look very balanced, and as I actually add up the calories from food and your elliptical, you're in a great place.  Sorry for my confusion, and thanks for clearing it up!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from naturalginger. Show naturalginger's posts

Weekly update for me:

Current Weight: 157.0
    Last Weigh In:  157.0
    Goal: 153
    Goal Date: 3/18 (I'll settle for 15lbs lighter in this year's bday pics!)
    Lost since March 2011: -11
    Progess this week: -0

After a ridiculously indulgent and exercise free long weekend, I'd say this is a win. Even on my bad 'fluctuation' days, I'm not creeping out of the 150's which is fantastic. So, I'm only 'overweight' and not toying with 'obese' territory, haha! (Yes, I know, BMI is a crock, but it still troubles me).

I also adjusted for a more realistic short term goal. 4lbs in 4 weeks is tough but totally doable. And if I do it? I'll. Feel. Fabulous. Plus I need to buy some breathing room for all that green beer followed by Restaurant Week.  

AJ - diet sounds interesting. Everything you're eating sounds right up my alley, and the low-carb diets favor a gluten free lifestyle. Did you buy the book or are you following it online somewhere?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from naturalginger. Show naturalginger's posts

Icey, your post made my day. I totally get it. At least you're replacing "it" with food and not alcohol, which is my tendency!

Love your snack suggestions. I'm definitely trying the faux carmel dip, it sounds like a great standby to have in the fridge in a sweet emergency!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GracieJ. Show GracieJ's posts

Icy, thanks for those great recipe ideas.  I want to try them.
    Since I started on this thread in mid-January I have lost 2.6 lbs.  I have 11 more to go.  My pants are fitting a little better and I am starting to wrap my head around what I should not be eating a lot of.  I had been cheating on the weekends, but I now realize I have to reign it in.

I had lunch with a friend on Monday who has lost 140 lbs with 35 more to go.  She is an inspiration.  And, going out to lunch with her I am VERY aware of what I am eating.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Ladies - if I can make one little suggestion to you all. Doesn't matter which diet you are on, just make sure that when you complete whatever meal you are on, bkfst, snack, lunch, dinner, etc. - do not sit down afterwards. Take a few minutes to walk, even if it is just around the office floor or through your house. Do not give food the chance the just lay in your system. Get the digestive fluids moving immediately. Obviously everyone has a different metabolism, but movement of the body is critical, especially after you eat.  And never go to sleep after you eat. 5 meals per day is best and always walk away from your dish before you are stuffed.

Also, do not link emotional or sexual issues with food. Emotional - you all have friends: if something is bothering you, call a friend instead of eating. And this thing about eating due to lack of sex is insane. Guess what, you can take care of your urges all on your own. You don't need a man or woman to do that. Never be ashamed.

My apologies if my comments offend anyone or if they seem out of order considering I have never commented on this thread before, but these issues have run through my family for years, especially with the women. I learned a few things from them.

I am turning 54 and am still at my fighting weight of 150 lbs (5' 9"). Eat right, exercise, both cardio and weights. And remember, don't let scale numbers fool you - muscle is heavier than fat. So if you are working out, don't go by pounds, go by body fat % and inches.

I know I am just a stupid man, but trust me on these issues. Stupid men do date women and we may act dumb, but we do pay attention.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItalianIce84. Show ItalianIce84's posts

GracieJ, it is so much easier to do when you have friends in your life going through it, or who've had success. My two best friends have also been on weight loss and fitness kicks, and one of them is my roommate. When I see her get off her butt and go for a run, it motivates me. Same thing with cooking healthy meals. None of us keep a whole lot of snacks around, and instead try to keep the fridge stocked with fruits and veggies, and the cabinets with those 100-calorie pack things. That;s not to say we don't go out for the occassional burger or pizza, but it's always easier to do it when people in your life have had success and are living healthier lifestyles.
    Another tasty fruit dip for things like grapes and pineapples and strawberries is fat free cream cheese combined with fat free cool whip, splenda, and vanilla.
    I also only use the dip when the fruits aren't in season and aren't as crisp and delicious on their own -- normally, crisp sweet grapes are delish as is.
    Also, frozen bananas are amazing! Eat them as is, or cut into chips and dip in a bit of nutella or reduced fat peanut butter. so good.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItalianIce84. Show ItalianIce84's posts

Luna! Well done this week!

NatGin, make a biiiiiig batch... when my roomies got a taste of the dip, it was all over hahaha and gone in a a few days. It keeps well in the fridge and tastes even better after a day or so of sitting together.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

In Response to Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread:
    [QUOTE]  AJ - diet sounds interesting. Everything you're eating sounds right up my alley, and the low-carb diets favor a gluten free lifestyle. Did you buy the book or are you following it online somewhere?
    Posted by naturalginger[/QUOTE]

It is very gluten-free friendly!  I bought the book via my Kindle and read through it very quickly.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

[QUOTE]And this thing about eating due to lack of sex is insane. Guess what, you can take care of your urges all on your own. You don't need a man or woman to do that. Never be ashamed. 
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Haha this is true, but having regular sex with a partner burns more calories, and its the emotional aspect to it, too.  My poor BOB gets more of a workout than I do.  Wink

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

jesseyeric, no apologizing for your  comments, dammit!

Just say them!

And thank you :)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItalianIce84. Show ItalianIce84's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread : Haha this is true, but having regular sex with a partner burns more calories, and its the emotional aspect to it, too.  My poor BOB gets more of a workout than I do.  
    Posted by AlyssaJones[/QUOTE]

yep. seconded. I'm well aware that I can take care of the basic mechanics on my own.....    org asms are not what I was referring to.... I have plenty of those... it's the actual person thing I've replaced with the comfort food.... no comfort from touch (cuz a BOB isn't gonna cuddle with you or throw you on the bed or in the shower), so getting comfort from yummy food instead.... totally different than achieving org-asm.....

but, jesseyeric, I agree with you about moving after eating. good idea.

why the heck can we not say 0rgasm on here? good lord. It is not a bad word!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

Being thrown around in the shower sounds dangerous.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harbormistress. Show Harbormistress's posts

I havent popped in here in quite a while, and ive only maintained, not lost an ounce, sadly.  i tried to force myself to walk outside this past 3day weekend, but it never happened.  i really need someone to come drag me out to the track. but i do feel ive been eating very healthily, given that i spent $48 on produce at whole foods over the weekend (ok, fine, i also spent $24 on wine, but hey...)

but i have a serious question:

why is it, and this has always been true, not just when im trying to actively diet, that when i eat a large amount of veggies, either a big salad or a big stirfry, say, that i totally crave sweets right after, and im not even a 'sweets person'.  i am however, a sweet person.
    there's gotta be some explanation for this.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread : Haha this is true, but having regular sex with a partner burns more calories, and its the emotional aspect to it, too.  My poor BOB gets more of a workout than I do.  

You can burn just as many calories as Bob, just change your routine up a little and experiment.

Good thing I didn't take that drive up north on VD - might have gotten myself in serious trouble

Tongue out

Ladies, thanks for listening to a dude. Glad to meet you all and I hope you all achieve your goals. Just remember, size does not reflect beauty, it only reflects on how you see yourself. As a woman, you are already Gods most beautiful creation, or if you are an athiest like me, then you are the Big Bang's most beautiful creation.

Never, ever forget that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ciao Bella Mia's

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

Jesseyeric... BOB= Battery Operated Boyfriend. Unless I'm doing jumping jacks while I'm using him, I don't think I'll burn as many calories as I do with sex with an actual person. Just saying :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

This is why everyone needs a nice, dependable, longtime FWB in their back pocket :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

Neener I think those are more difficult to find than an actual boyfriend.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]Jesseyeric... BOB= Battery Operated Boyfriend. Unless I'm doing jumping jacks while I'm using him, I don't think I'll burn as many calories as I do with sex with an actual person. Just saying :)

Oh sh*t - didn't even think of that. I am f'n impressed girl. It is a rare day when someone sends me something and it goes over my head.

You cannot see it, but I am on my knees now bowing down to you.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaptainfriday. Show kaptainfriday's posts

Looks like I picked a fine time to peek through the curtain!

Hi, ladies!

Looking good!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

LOL @ jesseyeric HI KAPTAIN!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Harbormistress, one explanation might be a good ol' sugar crash.   Fructose (fruit and vegetable sugar) breaks down to the same small parts as sucrose (table sugar) at the end of the metabolism line.  So, if you are eating tons high sugar veggies and fruit like carrots and other root vegetables along with any fruit, your blood sugar will go up just like it does after a candy bar.  Then, when you crash, you crave more sugar from any source.

To temper this effect, have less sweet veggies (leafy greens, cabbage, kale, spinach, celery) and try to eat 1/2 as many fruits as vegetables overall to keep the sugar under control.  Also, add a serving of protein when you eat your plethera of vegetables and fruit.  2 Tbl of peanut butter (no added sugar), chicken, fish, even red meat is fine as long as it's pretty lean and not processed.  If you are a vegetarian, plant sources of protein - soy beans, etc., would help.  Or, a glass of skim or 1% milk if you prefer.

ETA:  Another sugar craver culprit is salt.  If you're putting soy sauce in your stirfrys and dressing on your salads, that might do it, too.  If that's a possibility, increase your water intake during and after your veggie laden/salt laden meals to 8 oz during and 8 oz after you're done eating.  Sometimes thirst can masquerade as hunger which can present as a sugar craving.