The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread

So lets get this thread back on track...

I weighed in this morning and I am down another 2.5 lbs!  The best part is that my clothes are fitting better now.  I even fell off the wagon a bit over the weekend.  :)

ETA:

Goal: -30 from starting date

Starting date: 01/02/2012

Goal date: I'd like to lose 20lbs by the end of the year and work on the last 10 after that

Pounds lost this week: 2.5

Total lost: 7.4

Left to go: 22.6

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread : That's not really necessary. Shoppy is a valued member of this community. Yes, he does get out of hand at times but the Mods do a fabulous job of taking care of him when he does. So, no need for you to yell at him.
    Posted by Charming Sean[/QUOTE]

Wasn't yelling - just bringing it back to a level ground.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

CHC, you know I was totally joshing, right?  It was right there, I had to take it.

AJ, great job!!  Falling off the wagon a bit is a good thing now and again and, as you noted, doesn't wreck anything.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

jessey, I think Sean was just being facetious.  Geez do I have to explain everything to you?  ;)

And thanks kargiver!  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from porkshop-a-go-go. Show porkshop-a-go-go's posts

Sean thinks I'm valued?

That's the nicest thing he's ever said about me.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

[QUOTE]Well, that was fun. Nothing like visiting someone's house in the middle of Sunday dinner and dropping a deuce in the middle of the table. We are trying to help each other here.  Sorry if that disgusts you, dude.  There's plenty of other places for you to go on the internet and talk about your bug-eyed p00p machine.  That's all I have to say on the matter. 
    Posted by ThatJneenGrrl[/QUOTE]

I assume this post is directed at me

Who said anything about "disgusted"? Not me, hun. Youre reading something that isnt there. I actually like fat people. I thought I made that pretty clear the other day

All I said is that I was disappointed to discover the subject matter of this thread. It isnt what I was expecting

If you review what I posted, youll find most of it is positive and supportive of you people

Things turned nasty only after Sean-O made fun of my dog, William. He said William is a "girlie dog". An ignorant statement. Stupid really, but still highly offensive and insulting

If Sean wants to apologize to me now, I will accept his apology. (I'm a reasonable person). It will have to be a sincere apology though. He seems the type who says one thing/means another. I dont like that. I prefer a straight shooter...

Btw this place is not your home. We are in a public forum. I have as much right to be here as you do. More actually because Ive been posting in this section of the board long before the LL people started showing up. If anyone is intruding on someone's space around here, it is you on mine

But I am not going to make a bfd out of it...

PS Some of you might be interested to learn about the progress I am making on my own personal weight issue that I mentioned briefly on Saturday, so Ive put everything you need to know in the format used in this thread:

Goal: +3 from starting date
    Starting date: 2/25/2012
    Goal date: To get back to 175 where I belong
    Pounds gained this week: 2
    Total gain: 2
    Left to go: 1

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harbormistress. Show Harbormistress's posts

wow, great advice  especially from kargiver.  (CLEARLY im ignoring the BS). the veggies im downing are a mix of high sugar and low, and that feeling i get of craving sweets is IMMEDIATE, not like 30minute later 'crash', plus i do usually have protein with it (im not a veg, just dont eat red meat. i do eat fish/fowl/soy)  which is what made me think it was a mental thing like 'wow, i was just so virtuous, i deserve a cookie' but again, im not a sweets person and happens every time.  so i still dont really get it.  i know for certain that what i REALLY need to do is get out and walk, but between the cold, the early darkness (thank god we're changing the clocks soon) and too many other things to occupy my time, i havent done it.  im currently getting no 'exercise' other than the fact that im fairly active  in general.  so even though we havent had a bad winter, i NEED spring. 

and kargiver, i just found a new chiropractor who also has a masters in nutrition and i LOVE her.  its interesting that those to disciplines are often combined and dovetailed.  i terms of the whole cholesteral/blood pressure thing, i must have amazing genes (im adopted, so cant be sure ) because i eat a TON of fat in dairy and while i never pick up a salt shaker, i eat a lot of frozen meals and soups which contain a lot of sodium, yet my dr says i have the highest "good" cholesteral she's seen, a great overall score, and my blood pressure is actually qutie low. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

****UPDATE TIME****

Well, we had quite the lively discussion this week regarding effective forms of exercise and distraction techniques.  Thanks for that, you guys :)

Our Dancing Banana this week goes to none other than Alyssa Jones, who dropped 2.5 lbs this week!  All that gym work and midful eating is paying off!!

Mercy!

Our Banana o' Determination could go to a heck of a lot of you this week, but I'm handing it to luna-llena this week.  She's here week in and week out, being accountable.  And she had a fantastic week this week with 2.4 gone, so she gets a banana, dammit!

Baby, let me see you shake it!

Natging, HM and JTB each checked in with flat weeks.  It's all good, people.

Your pal Jneen continues the annoying up and down by welcoming back my frenemies, the damn two pounds I lost last week.  DIE DIE DIE.

Next week, the Treadmill of Shame will make its ignominous return.  You have been warned.

Have a great week, kids!

My official numbers:

Goal: -50 from starting date
    Starting date: 08/05/2010
    Goal date: really just want to be healthy
    Pounds lost since last checkin: +2. aaauuuuugggghhhhh.
    Total lost: 1
    Left to go: 49
    Total lost since August 2007: 59

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Banana congrats to AJ and luna, well-deserved awards!!

Jeen, no worries, it happens even when you are mindful and on track.  Honestly, a 2 lb weigh in gain can be all due to an extra salty meal the night before.  Drink a ton of water today and have a banana (for the potassium, a natural balance to salt).  I bet you did not gain 2 lbs of fat back in a week given your good habits.  

Remember, it takes a surplus of 3500 calorie consumption to equal a pound of true fat gain.  Your having consumed 7000 extra calories that you didn't burn last week, Jeen, was unlikely so be encouraged. :)

AFM, I've lost 6.0 lbs since Dec 29, and I wanted to lose 10 by the end of February.  Looks like 3 lbs a month is my average given my food mindfulness and activity level.  So, I'm revising the goal to have lost 3 more lbs by March 31.

CHC, glad you got the chuckle I intended!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

Thanks Neener and kargiver!!  

Ive got to say that this thread helps a lot... not just to keep track of things but definitely the moral support as well.  

I'm bummed that I forgot my lunch at home today, so I'm going to have to eat out somewhere... maybe I'll go to Wholefoods and hit their salad bar.  :)  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

Thanks, kargives.  I needed to hear that.

I forgot to give shouts out to jesseyeric, Kapn and especially Csean for their support.  Much appreciated, guys :)

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from luna_llena. Show luna_llena's posts

Aw, thanks!  I love my banana!  This is such a frustrating process that every bit of encouragement helps.  

This was a sign-up week, so no weigh-in.  Which is probably a good thing.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

LOL

Some one here has a distorted view of what 175 looks like

But okay, I guess to some of you I may appear a little undernourished

Very unflattering picture. Never gave you permission to post it, you big, fat liar

PS Thank you for the warm welcome, Sean-O

Very beefy of you

You and I are gonna get along great, I can tell...

Now if only Alyssa and Jneen would loosen up a bit

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]Thanks, kargives.  I needed to hear that. I forgot to give shouts out to jesseyeric, Kapn and especially Csean for their support.  Much appreciated, guys :)
    Posted by ThatJneenGrrl[/QUOTE]

Just keepin' it real, ya know?!  Feeling better today?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from naturalginger. Show naturalginger's posts

Weekly update for me:

Current Weight: 156.0
    Last Weigh In:  157.0
    Goal: 153
    Short Term Goal Date: 3/18 (I'll settle for 15lbs lighter in this year's bday pics!)
    Long Term Goal: 140 (no longer overweight at my 5'2" stature) and gaining the ability to do 20 REAL push ups
    Lost since March 2012: -1
    Progess this week: -1

The Drop10 program I did for 8 weeks concluded on Wednesday and the result was shrinkage in all measurements except for my right thigh, which was also a success since it had wasted away while I was on crutches. From Jan 3rd to Feb 29th (8 weeks) I lost 6lbs, up to an inch on many of my measurements and 3 FREAKIN' INCHES FROM MY WAIST! Validation city.

Adjusted my goals for a fresh year. Let's DO this.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

Wow ginger thats awesome! Laughing Inches count more than punds in my book! 

You'll have to tell me more about the Drop 10 program.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Woo hoo, Ginger!  Inches are FAR more important than weight as muscle is so much more dense than fat (and less volumous, therefore, of course).

Speaking of that I highly recommend the scale I got last year.  It works well (is consistent and matches what my doctor's scale says where I weigh in weekly with the same clothes on), is fairly inexpensive, and gives a lot of useful stats.  It also stores numerous users' info, and all you have to do is step on it to recongize which user you are.  It comes with a booklet that explains the numbers/results.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

Mine is inexpensive, accurate to my doctor's scale, and I can yell at it without needing an instruction booklet ;)

Better today, thanks kargs :)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

UPDATE:
    Goal - 50 lbs
    start date: 6/30/11
    Goal date: 6/30/12
    loss this week: 0
    loss to-date: 16
    to go: 34.

UGH! Two weeks in a row!  But like NatGin, I'm losing inches (down almost 2 dress sizes) so I'll take it for now. Congrats NatGin!!!!

Sections
Shortcuts