The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread

In Response to Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread:
    [QUOTE]All I can say about this week's results are: It's about freaking time!  My body works this way...holds on to weight and then it drops off in (slightly) larger chunks than the average person. This week's results -3 pounds. Pounds lost overall: -4 pounds I haven't been to the gym since before my last business trip - hopefully today will be the day I turn that around.
    Posted by Corporate-Hippie-Chick[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

UPDATE!

Goal: -50
    Start date: 6/30/11
    End date: November 2011
    Loss this week: +.4
    Total lost: 8.6

Ugh ugh ugh - guess it's my turn for the treadmill of shame. And shame on me for eating too many processed foods this week - stayed in the point range but I'm thinking the sodium content was just too high.

Ok, get ready for the Scarlett O'Hara - tomorrow is another day!Tongue out

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

JTB, I recommend water & a trip to the ladies room for you, then do your official check in tomorrow :)

Hi sm!  I miss you!

Motivated to make good decisions?  Um.  Last night I was a bad decision maker.  Super roast beef with sauce.  But he was getting one!  And you have to get a super to get the onion roll!  And...and...

crap.  I eated it.  All of it.

It. was. so. worth. it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from -Cariokie. Show -Cariokie's posts

[QUOTE]JTB, I recommend water & a trip to the ladies room for you, then do your official check in tomorrow :) Hi sm!  I miss you! Motivated to make good decisions?  Um.  Last night I was a bad decision maker.  Super roast beef with sauce.  But he was getting one!  And you have to get a super to get the onion roll!  And...and... crap.  I eated it.  All of it. It. was. so. worth. it.
    Posted by ThatJneenGrrl[/QUOTE]

Neener, now I want one. Was it Kelly's? Maybe if you describe it, I can get a vicarious thrill. Remind me please which day we report in on, too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

[QUOTE]JTB, I recommend water & a trip to the ladies room for you, then do your official check in tomorrow :) Hi sm!  I miss you! Motivated to make good decisions?  Um.  Last night I was a bad decision maker.  Super roast beef with sauce.  But he was getting one!  And you have to get a super to get the onion roll!  And...and... crap.  I eated it.  All of it. It. was. so. worth. it.
    Posted by ThatJneenGrrl[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

you can report on any day you choose, Cari :)

Just make sure you check in prior to Sunday morning 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WickedMcCool. Show WickedMcCool's posts

A day late (for me) but finally back on track...

Goal: -20 from starting date
    Starting date: 06/30/2011
    Goal date: -10 by 9/1/2011
    Pounds lost this week: -3
    Total lost: -7
    Left to go: 13
    Total lost since August 2010: 22

I'm so happy to be back on track.  This perimenopause thingy takes over my body in ways I don't always appreciate...  For now, I feel like it's mine again!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WickedMcCool. Show WickedMcCool's posts

NaturalGinger - you are SO strong!!  Congrats to you for sticking to it in the face of what would be the toughest place for you to go!!

Jneen - I can always justify a RB sandwich, esp  a big one because of the iron.  ('m anemic, another side effect of the perimenopause.)  I don't typically eat a lot of red meat but a RB sandwich someplace like Kellly's where it's warm and freshly-sliced - mm mm mm that's some good eating!!

I always thought that losing weight in the summer would be easier than in the winter, but I'm not finding that to be true!!  Just cuz I'm eating al fresco doesn't mean it's less calories!!!  And there's usually a cold beverage involved, with alcohol or without!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

Nice Job McCool!!

And I hear you on the perimenopausal. If I have another hot flash in 99 degree weather I'm gonna...................

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItalianIce84. Show ItalianIce84's posts

Good morning, All. This will be a long one since I haven't checked in in a while.

First off, I really need to invest in an actual scale so I can track this ish properly.

Second of all, while on vacation, I found myself disappointed that I didn't get down to where I wanted to be before my vacation, and I could not confidently prance around in a bikini like my two best friends. However, the important thing is that I did not let that ruin me, or ruin my vacation, and that is a big step.

Third-- I was a bad bad Icey on vacation. I drank quite a bit, though limited myself to only 2 frozen concoctions the entire week- 1 as my first drink of the trip, and one as my very last drink. I also ate. and ate. and ate. and ate. But, I did not gain as much as I could have because I forced myself to take the stairs all the time, and even spent a half hour running up and down one of the quieter stair cases while my girls were running at the gym (stupid me did not bring exercise clothes and shoes, because obviously dresses and heels were more important and then I got work out guilt mid-week).

Anyway, the biggest obstacle I had to overcome when I got back was to not get discouraged that I hadn't reached my goal size by vaca and that I probably gained a few pounds while away. That's a tough battle to fight, and one I often lose, which leads to me being depressed, which leads to me eating, which leads to me gaining more weight, and well, you get the picture.

So, I got back on Friday from the cruise, and Friday afternoon I went for a miserable 3 mile run. On Saturday, I spent an hour and a half vigorously cleaning my apartment and unpacking and doing laundry. On Sunday, I ran 3 miles AND did Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred Level 2. Monday - Tuesday I walked to work (about 3.75 miles), and did the Jillian video when I got home, Wednesday I walked to work and then ran 3 miles when I got home, yesterday was my day off from working out, and I milked it, with an italian dinner at Fiore, plus two cocktails, but today, I was back at walking into work, and will go for a run when I get home. I also made myself have my Special K for breakfast every morning, and for lunch I had a lean cuisine and a salad every day, but was a little more relaxed with dinner decisions, though nothing over the top- generally a lot of stir fry with brown rice.

Like Jeannine said, it's all about not depriving yourself 100% of the time. Slowly but surely, the weight will come off, and it will be in a healthy way that you can maintain, which is really what we all want, right?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from -Cariokie. Show -Cariokie's posts

Great post, Icey! Considering you were on a cruise and didn't go nuts with either food or booze is a wonderful testament to your will power. I'm glad to hear you're back on the right track. Way to go, girl!!

Here's my official check in for the week:

Pounds lost this week: -1
    Left to go: 13

I was amazed to step on the scale this morning and see the extra pound gone! I've been home 2 weeks and being able to work out in a comfy setting really helps loads.

If there's anyone stuck on a plateau, or if it's not coming off as quickly as you want, just stay resolved and confident...you'll get there in time.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

Who is this Jeannine person?

Is she cool? :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Saidwhat. Show Saidwhat's posts

UPDATE:

Goal: -30 from starting date
    Starting date: 07/01/2011
    Goal date: 10/01/11
    Pounds lost this week: +1
    Total lost: 1
    Left to go: 29
    Total lost since February 2010: 16

I figure this isn't bad since I've been on vacation all week.  Time to get back in the groove though.  

Congrats to CHC and McCool for your great losses this week! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

Frankly, I think this thread is helpful in a lot of ways, even if you're just lurking.

Yes you!  I see you!  You look fan-freaking-tastic!

People in social circles tend to pick up the habits of others in the circle.  So, if we all do our best to just live life that tiny bit better, we are helping everyone else we know who is following along with this thread also live their lives a tiny bit better.

It's goshdarned altruistic!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

****WEEKLY UPDATE SUMMARY TIME!!!****

I had a weird week.  Emotionally and food-wise.

I would like to welcome this week's newcomer to the thread: our old pal sm1231!  Hi gorgeous!

This week's Dancing Banana goes to not one, but TWO excellent losers:  CHC and WickedMcCool both lost an amazing 3 lbs this week!!!

Tear the roof off the mutha!   One banana for CHC:

...and one for Wickey! 

The determined and persistent (and drop dead gorgeous)  Italian Ice earns this week's Banana o' Determination for allowing Jillian Michaels to kick the crap out of her on a regular basis.  Get your feet on the floor!

Other notables are your pal ThatJneenGrrl with a -2 (that's, like 8lbs in boy pounds!) EES with 1.5 lb lost (from WHERE, you skinny girl??), -callie and -Carioke, who each removed 1 lb from their hyphenated butts...and the lovely luna-llena with a respectable -.6!

No steady holders this week.  Hm.  That's a bit odd.  I suspect NaturalGinger had a loss this week but forgot her official check-in. 

And now...yes...the Treadmill of Shame:

Treadmillers this week are saidwhat with a +1 and JTB8773 with a +.4 (dangit woman, didn't you P00p yet??). 

We won't make you guys stay on there for long...you have been good and you will be back on track in the blink of an eye!

That's all I have for now - if I missed you, please update below so you can be included in next week's thread

Any updates made after this post will be included in next week's recap.

my official update is as follows:

Goal: -50 from starting date
    Starting date: 08/05/2010
    Goal date: really just want to be healthy
    Pounds lost this week: 2
    Total lost: 16
    Left to go: 34
    Total lost since August 2007: 66

I'll do another update next Sunday!  Go get 'em, kids! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from softpatina. Show softpatina's posts

Okay, I confess, I skipped last week. I was recuperating from a romantic mishap and eating a little too much comfort food. I sucked it up this morning and weighed myself.....down a 1/2 lb...not at all what I expected! Late for the weekly weigh-in but here it is:

Goal: -30 from starting date
    Starting date: 06/30/2011
    Goal date: 01/01/2012
    Pounds lost this week: .5
    Total lost: 4.5
    Left to go: 25.5

I haven't read everyone's entries yet, but looks like there was some great success all around...congratulations everyone. Smile

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItalianIce84. Show ItalianIce84's posts

I got a dancing banana! I got a dancing banana!

I have a question for all the ladies out there--- how do you cope with the PMS cravings? I get them really really really badly and I want to eat everything in sight, or order every single bad thing I can think of-- namely chinese food.
    DO you think it's better just to cave in, and get back on the horse after, or try to fight the cravings, and come up with some sort of pavlovian effect where you train yourself to want to work out instead of eat? And is that even possible?
    ugh!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukeseri58. Show lukeseri58's posts

so can anyone join this?? i'm on vacation next week but plan on starting the week after that - have a destination wedding for my niece next april/may/june (she hasn't decided month yet) and i need to cut about 60 lbs (i've done it before) -- so tell me how it works

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wizen. Show wizen's posts

Still hanging in at 20 lbs, no change, no banana smiley!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

[QUOTE]I got a dancing banana! I got a dancing banana! I have a question for all the ladies out there--- how do you cope with the PMS cravings? I get them really really really badly and I want to eat everything in sight, or order every single bad thing I can think of-- namely chinese food. DO you think it's better just to cave in, and get back on the horse after, or try to fight the cravings, and come up with some sort of pavlovian effect where you train yourself to want to work out instead of eat? And is that even possible? ugh!
    Posted by ItalianIce84[/QUOTE]
    I will 'give in' with 1/2 oz of my FAVORITE chocolate (which I keep for just such an occasion) ONCE.  So in reality I just wait until it builds (like the middle) and sit and savor. Seemed to work last time around - I lost 1 lb.

But yeah, it's really the salty crunch that drives me crazy - so I will add salt to what ever I'm eating and then swill the H20 like no one's business.  If I can, I'll add a work out - 'If' being the operative word in that sentance

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItalianIce84. Show ItalianIce84's posts

Glad to see I'm not the only one that fights this battle.

I could never give up coffee! I agree on the water suggestion, though, and that's helping to curb my snacking during the work day just in general. If I need something sweet, I'll just add one of the crystal light packs to my water bottle.

It seems as though the best course of action is to let myself indulge just a bit IF I counter that with working out.

I do find that I feel better, both mentally and physically, after a work out- but man, is it hard to get off the couch when you're PMSing or in the full throes!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

Okay, so I skipped these last couple weeks because:

1. Nobody believes me when I say I gain 10lbs. in a weekend
    2. The shame from gaining 10lbs. prevents me from admitting it until I'd lost it all.

So there you have it. I'm a push right now.

Congrats to all youse guys who keep fightin' the good fight! Keep up the good work!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

Dimmy lost 10 lbs wooo!!!!

Icey, I am very much a "if you want something, have it" kind of girl.

But keep your portions under control.  Do not eat out of a bag or container, ever.

Try to make yourself sit at the kitchen table so you are not distractedly doing something else while eating.  Enjoy what the food tastes and feels like.  If you had to buy a big bag/container, and know you are prone to fully binge eating the remainder, force yourself to throw it out/ chuck it down the garbage disposal.

Sections
Shortcuts