The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealJBar. Show TheRealJBar's posts

Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread

In Response to Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread:
    [QUOTE]Dimmy lost 10 lbs wooo!!!! Icey, I am very much a "if you want something, have it" kind of girl. But keep your portions under control.  Do not eat out of a bag or container, ever. Try to make yourself sit at the kitchen table so you are not distractedly doing something else while eating.  Enjoy what the food tastes and feels like.  If you had to buy a big bag/container, and know you are prone to fully binge eating the remainder, force yourself to throw it out/ chuck it down the garbage disposal.
    Posted by ThatJneenGrrl[/QUOTE]

I had to train myself not to snack between meals ever.  And I'm wicked about portion control.  4 oz of meat max.  Maybe 5 if it's chicken.  I eat totally organic and since August 2010 I've lost 37 pounds and have gone from a size 14 to a 4.  Seven pounds to go.  I've been on this 7 lb plateau for two months now - it may be my body's way of telling me it's where it wants to be weightwise.  Oh well - we'll see who's boss!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread : I had to train myself not to snack between meals ever.  And I'm wicked about portion control.  4 oz of meat max.  Maybe 5 if it's chicken.  I eat totally organic and since August 2010 I've lost 37 pounds and have gone from a size 14 to a 4.  Seven pounds to go.  I've been on this 7 lb plateau for two months now - it may be my body's way of telling me it's where it wants to be weightwise.  Oh well - we'll see who's boss!
    Posted by TheRealJBar[/QUOTE]

You go JBar!!!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

YES!

JBar...woot woot!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

The key, of course...find what works for you AND what you can live with as your new "life"...then DO IT.

What works for CHC might not work for JBar, what works for Icey might not work for me...but we can all take bits and pieces of other people's experiences and tailor them to fit what will work for us.

Even if you don't change a thing food-wise, but start walking 15-20 mins every day before work, or after dinner...or both...you have just done something for yourself that you didn't do yesterday.  In a few weeks, you will feel weird if you DIDN'T get your walk in.  And your body will be better for it. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WickedMcCool. Show WickedMcCool's posts

Wow - I missed a few days and come back to find I've got the dancing banana again!!  Woot!  Woot!

I confess that for this banana, it really was a lot of the water weight gain that I gain during the month and lose as soon as I get "my friend" (what moron came up with that expression?!!). 

I give kudos to CHC, JBar, Ice, and JTB that are really doing the hard work.  You guys deserve this more than me!! 

Most of all, thanks to Jneen, who took an idea, ran with it to set this up, and continues to give the best encouragement a "loser" could ever want!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from naturalginger. Show naturalginger's posts

Neener, I didn't check in on Sunday here  because I didn't want to check in with myself. I had two of my dearest girlfriends here over the weekend - isn't that enough said?

I'm up 1lb as of this morning. I don't wanna talk about it.

I'll be good ALL week and do a 'check in from the beginning' on Sunday morning. I promise (not that you all care that much, i'm more making the promise to myself).

PS - JBar is my idol.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

Wickey, we don't care if the pounds are magical.  They still count :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealJBar. Show TheRealJBar's posts

Thanks you guys! We're a pretty determined group, with an AWESOME leader in Jneen!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

CHC - not irrational.

I'll go out on a limb and say most of us have felt that way (although I referred to it as being 'comfortable' with myself).  Problem was - at some point I/you get a)lonely; b)disgusted with the woman in the mirror; c)yelled at by the Dr (my favorite); d) health issues.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that we don't want to be anonymous but to be in control. In control of our lives, our loves and our weight/health. I shudder to think that my wonderful Mr. B will have to take care of me in 'that way' - adult diabetes,bad knees etc all because of my weight.

(Plus I'm really hating the fat clothes hanging in my closet)

Keep on keeping on CHC - we'll get there! {{{hugs}}}

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from luna_llena. Show luna_llena's posts

Goal - 40lbs
    Start date - 2/22/11
    Goal Date - 1/1/2012
    Pounds lost this week - .6
    Left to go - 29.8
    Total lost since 2/22/11 - 10.2 lbs

It's kind of odd that I've had 3 weeks with a loss of .6 . . . why .6?  Why not 1/2, or (gasp) a whole pound?  I guess it's better than a gain, but I'm never going to earn a dancing banana at this rate.  Undecided

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from luna_llena. Show luna_llena's posts

And another thing . . . a member of my WW group said she had cleaned out her closet over the weekend, and asked if I wanted some size 16 pants that she couldn't wear anymore.  Um, I'm a 12, but thanks anyway!  I couldn't tell if she was being nice or snarky.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

[QUOTE]And another thing . . . a member of my WW group said she had cleaned out her closet over the weekend, and asked if I wanted some size 16 pants that she couldn't wear anymore.  Um, I'm a 12, but thanks anyway!  I couldn't tell if she was being nice or snarky.
    Posted by luna-llena[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

I'm sure she was trying to be nice.  Still...d'oh.

For the record, I just recently (last 6 months or so) started fitting into size 16 dresses and skirts that don't have a "W" tacked onto the tag.  "Women's" sizes never quite fit my frame right anyway...too much room in the arms/across shoulders, way too much room in the waist, not enough styles that allowed for my body type, which maintained a smallish waist in comparison to my hips and chest even when I was much heavier.  "Misses" sizes are apparently fit on a more hourglass-shaped pattern and make for a better look on me altogether.

For a girl who at one time tried on a Size 24W suit and found it too tight across the hips, that ain't so bad :)

The smallest I ever was (back when I was 22) was a size 12.  A size 12 in 1988 would probably be comparable to a size 8-10 now.  I would be mucho happy to ever get there :) 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wizen. Show wizen's posts

Not irrational, CHC.  Protective. 

Self defeating, but protective.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

The odd thing I have found throughout this little journey is:

The same kinds of sincere men who found me truly attractive then, still do now.

Only the number of blank, nothing, "wow you're hot" kind of guys increased.

It's all good.  This is why you do things for yourself and not so men will find you "attractive".

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from luna_llena. Show luna_llena's posts

BTW . . . I was not in any way disparaging size 16 per se . . . it's only been a couple years since I was shopping in the W department myself.  (This is round 2 of attempted weight loss after keeping some off for awhile.)  It's just that I've managed to get this far, so having someone imply that I appear to be two sizes larger than I am stung a bit.  If that makes any sense.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Saidwhat. Show Saidwhat's posts

So since there have been a few confessions on here the last few days, I'm taking a turn!  I have been struggling with my weight going up and down within the same 6 pound span for almost 2 years now.  Up and down again and again until I wanted to scream.  I was going to the gym, doing some personal training, taking classes, making excuses and never got out of that range.  Frustrated I backed off and tried to regroup but I feel like I just had my AH-HA moment.  Picked up a book by Tom Holland called Beat the Gym.  Lots of good advise but what really stood out for me was this "getting into shape is one of the few things in life I have complete control over.  I control both what I take in and what I burn.  It may not be easy, but it is simple.  You control what you do or do not put into your mouth and how much you exercise.  No one else does."  For some reason, the light went on!!  I'm not sure why it hit me so hard, maybe the fact that I have finally admitted to myself that I wasn't trying as hard as I could; I was making too many excuses.  Well, I've decided to stop doing that.  I am taking control and if another dancing banana comes my way because of it that would make me super happy but I'll be happier if I can look myself in the mirror and know I care enough about myself to work for my goal.  
    Anyhow, he also makes a suggestion on how much cardio to do.  He suggests one minute for every pound you weigh per week.  So for me, if I wanted to do cardio 5 days a week, I'd have to do at least 33 minutes per day (yeah, go ahead, do the math!!  :-)))  You can split it up any way you want, but that's his suggestion.

Thanks for all of you for sharing your thoughts and ideas on here.  And of course to the awesome J9 for leading the charge!  You are definitely making this journey a more enjoyable one! 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

[QUOTE] "getting into shape is one of the few things in life I have complete control over.  I control both what I take in and what I burn.  It may not be easy, but it is simple.  You control what you do or do not put into your mouth and how much you exercise.  No one else does." [/QUOTE]

Because we all needed to read that again.

Good luck out there, saidwhat!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from -callie. Show -callie's posts

The good news is that I'm loving the early morning bike rides.  And have found a couple of friends willing to join me on the weekends.  

Unfortunately, with a longer commute starting next week riding during the week won't be happening.  I'll have to come up with a new plan!

The bad news is that even though I've upped the exercise considerably (and am drinking tons more water) the scale stayed the same :-(   

I'm absolutely starving later in the morning now, and though I'm trying to stay eating healthy (fruit, yogurt/granola), I guess I need to figure out if I'm consuming too many calories.  *sigh*  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

[QUOTE]Because we all needed to read that again. Good luck out there, saidwhat!
    Posted by ThatJneenGrrl[/QUOTE]

AMEN to that!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

-callie, if you have recently upped your activity, you have probably added muscle and therefore your weight didn't change (or maybe even upticked a bit) but you are indeed healthier.  Eyes on the ultimate goal there, sweet one :)

Also, make sure you are keeping protein/fats in your diet.  You should not be "starving" at any point.

Go to The Daily Plate at http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/ to sign up for a free food tracker.

This is a helpful tool for a lot of people.

25. This post has been removed.