The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread

YAY MAGIC!!!!

oooh, now I have to see if the clothes fairy did the same in my closetCool

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wizen. Show wizen's posts

Ah yes, the closet fairy - she's been doing a job on my wardrobe as well! 

I've been able to get back into clothes I haven't worn since the 80s and 90s - after I chopped out a wastebasket full of shoulder pads, that is!!   Goodwill got a bunch of stuff that is just never coming back.  In the meantime, my new clothes are getting a little big, and I'm waiting to get anything altered until I know what size I will actually be. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

Wizen, that's funny.

I have a London Fog raincoat frim 1990 that I absolutely adored so could never bear to give it up...and it fits again!

If only it wasn't an outdated shade of light seafoam green and have ginormous built-in shoulders :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WickedMcCool. Show WickedMcCool's posts

-Callie - I was always starving when I was dieting.  Last year I learned about the affect of protein on the bodyso now I really watch my protein.   I try to maintain steady protein of between 7 - 10 grams with each meal and now I don't have as many  times when I'm starving.   I find if I have a protein bar or an egg in the morning, it stays with me much longer than fruit, which I don't think has any protein.  And for when I'm truly starving between meals, a small handful of almonds or one of those dried fruit/nut mixes tides me over until the next meal.  To me watching the protein is equally as important as watching the calories.

Speaking of protein bars, South Beach made the best ones ever and they discontinued them around May.  I've been eating them every week day for the last year and all of a sudden they weren't on the shelves any more.  For a few weeks, I'd stop by the empty spot on the shelves and without fail, I'd meet another woman looking for the same bars!!  Then recently I looked on the internet to see they've been discontinued.  I just found one that's almost as good.  It's Cranberry Almond Peanut'Heart Healthy Bar'  by Planters (the peanut company).  They also make one that's Honey Roasted Peanuts, Cashews and Almonds 'Bone Health Bar'.  I'm still checking out others, but so far most taste like cardboard...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from -Cariokie. Show -Cariokie's posts

In Response to Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread:
    [QUOTE]Wizen, that's funny. I have a London Fog raincoat frim 1990 that I absolutely adored so could never bear to give it up...and it fits again! If only it wasn't an outdated shade of light seafoam green and have ginormous built-in shoulders :)
    Posted by ThatJneenGrrl[/QUOTE]

Neener, if you love the raincoat, take it to a drycleaner you trust, have the shoulder pads taken out and have the coat professionally dyed. Navy would look fan-freaking-tastic on you Smile!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from -callie. Show -callie's posts

Thanks, Jneen & Wicked.  The wheels completely fell off my eating and exercise routines this past year, so I feel like I'm starting from scratch.  I'll take all the advice I can get!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sm1231. Show sm1231's posts

Icy - that's some awesome dedication. It's always so hard to get back in the swing of things after a vacation - good for you!!!

I need to start switching up my workouts ASAP - all of a sudden they're not fun anymore. Any suggestions?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

[QUOTE]all of a sudden they're not fun anymore. Any suggestions?
    Posted by sm1231[/QUOTE]

Nekkid towel boys to gently swab your brow?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sm1231. Show sm1231's posts

What a FANTASTIC idea!!!

I was all excited, I have my big road race this weekend, and I was thinking, there's going to be about 6,000 guys running it. Then I remembered they're all going to be wearing spandex. So disappointing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

[QUOTE]Nekkid towel boys to gently swab your brow?
    Posted by ThatJneenGrrl[/QUOTE]

sigh

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sm1231. Show sm1231's posts

And I know I don't know all of the stuff on this thread, but I am jumping in here (hope that's ok) and saying that as of last week, I am officially (FINALLY) down 50!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

UPDATE:

Goal - 50lbs
    Start date - 6/30/11
    Goal Date - November 2011
    pounds lost this week - +.2
    Total lost 8.4
    pounds to go - 41.6

UGH UGH UGH - man I must be retaining water for Gisele Buchen.

On the plus side, (pun intended) I got measured the other day at the gym by my trainer and since May (last time measured) I've lost 4 inches around my waist. I think I'm really really really close to have that closet fairy come by and make the non-'W' sized clothes fit again.

Ok, back the the treadmill and water bottle I go!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wizen. Show wizen's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread : Neener, if you love the raincoat, take it to a drycleaner you trust, have the shoulder pads taken out and have the coat professionally dyed. Navy would look fan-freaking-tastic on you !
    Posted by -Cariokie[/QUOTE]

Excellent advice, Cari!  I have a leather jacket I have haven't been able to wear in years, I'm going to have to go did it out of the skinny box and try it on now!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItalianIce84. Show ItalianIce84's posts

SM! Down 50? You're a rock star!
    Proof positive that as evil as it is, running really works. Good luck on your race-- you are going to kick some serious butt!

If you haven't tried Jillian's work outs, they are super effective, and they go by fast since you are constantly moving.

there are some hilarious dance work outs by Billy Blanks' son that are OnDemand if you have comcast-- they will make you sweat and work your abs from laughing so freaking hard!

I would love to try a pole dancing work out class some time if anyone is interested, too!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sm1231. Show sm1231's posts

Why, thank you Icy! It IS effective, but my motivation is nowhere to be found right now!

[QUOTE]SM! Down 50? You're a rock star! Proof positive that as evil as it is, running really works. Good luck on your race-- you are going to kick some serious butt! If you haven't tried Jillian's work outs, they are super effective, and they go by fast since you are constantly moving. there are some hilarious dance work outs by Billy Blanks' son that are OnDemand if you have comcast-- they will make you sweat and work your abs from laughing so freaking hard! I would love to try a pole dancing work out class some time if anyone is interested, too!
    Posted by ItalianIce84[/QUOTE]

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from -Cariokie. Show -Cariokie's posts

[QUOTE]And I know I don't know all of the stuff on this thread, but I am jumping in here (hope that's ok) and saying that as of last week, I am officially (FINALLY) down 50!
    Posted by sm1231[/QUOTE]

YAY, sm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from -Cariokie. Show -Cariokie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread : Excellent advice, Cari!  I have a leather jacket I have haven't been able to wear in years, I'm going to have to go did it out of the skinny box and try it on now!
    Posted by wizen[/QUOTE]

Wizen, you are one hot LL mama! Rock that jacket!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WickedMcCool. Show WickedMcCool's posts

Almost forgot!! 

UPDATE:

Goal: -20 from starting date
    Starting date: 06/30/2011
    Goal date: -10 by 9/1/2011
    Pounds lost this week: 0
    Total lost: -7
    Left to go: 13
    Total lost since August 2010: 22

I got some bad health news this week so I've been having myself a good pity party all week, eating more and skipping the gym.  Last night I had a hot fudge brownie sundae!!  It was awesome and I loved every bite!!  And I didn't gain, so that's good for now.  I'll take it.  After I get past this bump in the road, it's back to eating well and exercising.  I know I'm not myself because tonight was a gorgeous evening and normally I'd be out walking or on my bicycle instead of eating a huge, honkin' bowl of pasta.  But that's life!!  We fall down and get back up again!! I will cheerfully pass the dancing banana to a deserving loser!!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from -callie. Show -callie's posts

Wicky - sorry about the health news.  Take good care of yourself!

You are a woman after my own heart!  I couldn't resist either - had a hot fudge sundae (chocolate chip ice cream!), and would have gone for the brownie too if it had a been an option.  It was awesome!  But I'm firmly back on the wagon, and my bike today.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

I danced a lot last night.

But I also drank a lot of beer.

I like to call that a win/win :)

Rock on, Wickey :)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

I'm not playing on this thread, but I'll throw out my pity party dinner last night - reheated spaghetti tossed with olive oil and grated Parm-Reg.  And a small bowl of ice cream.

Definitely not good for me.  But it tasted good.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sm1231. Show sm1231's posts

Thanks CHC and Carioke!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from softpatina. Show softpatina's posts

Goal: -30 from starting date
    Starting date: 06/30/2011
    Goal date: 01/01/2012
    Pounds lost this week: .5
    Total lost: 5
    Left to go: 25

I haven't checked in here much but it's good to see everyone's progress and have public accountabiity (kind of). Smile
    Personally, I'm thrilled to make it to a nice round (pun not intended but I'll take it credit for it anyway!) 5 lb loss. This much I can feel. Now to get moving and exercise, not my strong suit.