The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread

Yay puppins and calicokitty!!!

Hi!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dread27. Show Dread27's posts

I like this idea.  I think I might start in on this as well.  I don't think my butt is going anywhere though.

Apparently I'm supposed to be 155 based on the BMI chart.  So let's go with that as a goal weight.

Starting weight on 1/09(?): 230
    Weight as of 8/17/11: 186
    Total weight loss: 44

I've put some weight back on recently so why not try to get rid of that.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

Oops.

Sorry 'bout that, CHC.

But I bet you look all glowy today!

Hi, Dread!  So glad you're here!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puppins. Show puppins's posts

Calicokitty, thanks for the heads up about this Friday's show! I have been struggling at the plateau level for several weeks now so the timing is just right.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItalianIce84. Show ItalianIce84's posts

In Response to Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread:
    [QUOTE]My theory, CHC? Those days when you feel sluggish?  Like not moving?  THOSE ARE THE DAYS YOU HAVE TO MOVE. The reason you feel so sluggish is because your body is using its resources to store that extra food energy as fat.  And it wants you to lay there like a slug so it may do so more efficiently. Stupid body.  :)
    Posted by ThatJneenGrrl[/QUOTE]

J9, this reminds me of something Inter-Planet said to me recently--- better to force yourself to do a half-a ssed workout and burn some calories than not work out at all and burn nothing!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from naturalginger. Show naturalginger's posts

Any workout is better than no workout. I've often blown off the gym knowing "i'm just not in it today".

I've adjusted that theory to making myself go and, at minimum, do 15 minutes of cardio. If I'm still not into it and hating every minute of it? Then I can leave. I'd say 9 times out of 10, once I get my blood moving it's easier to keep going.

An object in motion stays in motion, an object at rest stays at rest.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Inter-Planet. Show Inter-Planet's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread : J9, this reminds me of something Inter-Planet said to me recently--- better to force yourself to do a half-a ssed workout and burn some calories than not work out at all and burn nothing!
    Posted by ItalianIce84[/QUOTE]

Or eat!! 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

That was quite the compliment indeed :)

But I'm just an internet tough guy.

Girl.

Whatever :) 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from -callie. Show -callie's posts

Goal:  -20
    Starting date:  7/27/11
    Lost this week:  +1
    Total lost:  0

Too much company this past week!  I'm grateful there weren't more +++'s!  But I managed to stick with my exercise routine and even had some joiners-in come with me to the most amazing restorative yoga class I attended over the weekend.   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sm1231. Show sm1231's posts

Ok, I have been a lazy bum since Sunday. I need to get it together, to keep up with you ladies (and Dread!):)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

Your motivator of the day:

For those who like to use the excuse "but I don't have time to work out":

This morning on my walk to the train, I saw a woman jogging while pushing her 5 month old twins in a stroller.  Even if she was only cruising around the block, she was getting it done, and at a good pace, too.

There is always, ALWAYS, time for you.  If you don't make time for yourself, you will not have as much "time" in the long run ;)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

I'm going to post this a day early 'cause I'm not sure if I'm gonna be here tomorrah

Goal: -75 from starting date
    Starting date: 06/27/2011
    Goal date: -30 by 31st birthday 10/12/11
    Pounds lost this week: 5
    Total lost: 10.6
    Left to go: -64.4
    Total lost since 6/27/11 - 10.6

This is way harder than it was a couple of years ago :-(
    Thank God I have an elliptical machine in my living room. I think those 20 min or so I get on that a day have really been the difference.
    Plus, two days a week I'm not eating meat. I hate it (for now), but you gotta do what you gotta do.

PS - the damn hairdresser "trimmed" 5 inches off my hair - I'm thinking that accounted for at least a pound of the loss :-)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from naturalginger. Show naturalginger's posts

[QUOTE]Your motivator of the day: For those who like to use the excuse "but I don't have time to work out": This morning on my walk to the train, I saw a woman jogging while pushing her 5 month old twins in a stroller.  Even if she was only cruising around the block, she was getting it done, and at a good pace, too. There is always, ALWAYS, time for you.  If you don't make time for yourself, you will not have as much "time" in the long run ;)
    Posted by ThatJneenGrrl[/QUOTE]

So true. I've watched one of my coworkers lose about 30lbs in the last 4 months through being dedicated to diet and exercise. Everyday, she changes and speed walks around our building for 45 minutes. Even when there's no time (and conversely, even if she knows she's going to the gym late), she makes time, and leaves work a few minutes later. I LOVE watching her dedication.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

Go, Dimmy, go!!!!!

Woot!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItalianIce84. Show ItalianIce84's posts

I know I keep talking about her, but Jillian Michaels has these very effective 20 minute workouts in her Thirty Day Shred series. If you have Comcast OnDemand, you can usually access at the level one (and sometimes Level 2) of her Thirty Day Shred workout in the Sports and Fitness --> Exercise section, and all you need is some space to do jumping jacks and crunches and some hand weights (or even canned veggies from your pantry).
    It is literally a 23 minute workout from start to finish including warm up and cool down-- there is no excuse to not do a workout that short. And I can guarantee it is effective. The moves are not hard to do at all, but you will sweat.
    That is always my workout guilt-- 20 less minutes I would spend watching TV or vegging in the house I can put into burning a whole ton of calories-- no excuse not to, as Jneen said!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WickedMcCool. Show WickedMcCool's posts

Thursday, time for another weekly update:

Goal: -20 from starting date
    Starting date: 06/30/2011
    Goal date: -10 by 9/1/2011
    Pounds lost this week: 0
    Total lost: -7
    Left to go: 13
    Total lost since August 2010: 22

Another big zero for me but that's OK because I've had to take a leave from the gym for a while.  I can still walk or ride my bike though so that's what I'll be doing in the mean time...  And still keeping an eye on what I eat.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WickedMcCool. Show WickedMcCool's posts

Dimmy - way to go!!!  You'll hit your goal for sure!!

NaturalGinger - I admire your co-worker.  I can't be bothered changing at work to work out unless I can take a shower.  She's got Determination with a capital D!

Ice - I'm gonna check and see if those workouts are on Verizon OnDemand.  You're so right - 20 minutes is nothin!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

UPDATE:

Goal: -50 from starting date
    Starting date: 06/30/2011
    Goal date: November 2011
    Pounds lost this week: 1
    Total lost: -9.4
    Left to go: 40.6

I'M BACK!!!!!!  with a four sticks of butter loss :)

Pushing the exercise envelope helped - I'm tracking the miles (or steps) I walk in a day with a pedometer - really an eye opener and worth the $16 to buy one.

Dimmy - way to go!!!!

McCool - it's hard not being able to fully extend and do the full exercise routine you want - but you can still make your goal - we're pushing for youTongue out

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

Oh, thanks guys - I can't give up this time! I've slipped way farther back into chubbydom than I'd ever hoped!!

:-D

I think I'm going to see what's ON DEMAND for workouts - those are excellent suggestions.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

oh, you cute little bunny you.

We're WICKED good at gaining 10 by Christmas!  We're experts!  You came to the right place! ;)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Inter-Planet. Show Inter-Planet's posts

[QUOTE]I know I keep talking about her, but Jillian Michaels has these very effective 20 minute workouts in her Thirty Day Shred series. If you have Comcast OnDemand, you can usually access at the level one (and sometimes Level 2) of her Thirty Day Shred workout in the Sports and Fitness -- /> Exercise section, and all you need is some space to do jumping jacks and crunches and some hand weights (or even canned veggies from your pantry). It is literally a 23 minute workout from start to finish including warm up and cool down-- there is no excuse to not do a workout that short. And I can guarantee it is effective. The moves are not hard to do at all, but you will sweat. That is always my workout guilt-- 20 less minutes I would spend watching TV or vegging in the house I can put into burning a whole ton of calories-- no excuse not to, as Jneen said!
    Posted by ItalianIce84[/QUOTE]

YESSSSSSS!!!!!!

I have Comcast and NEVER thought of this!!

Thank you Ice!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

Hmmmm...wondering if Verizon FiOS has anything like a short workout in their On Demand section.

Once I get the living room cleaned up, I could do something about my lack of movement (and complete lack of desire *and* money to join a gym!)

Will make a note to check it out.  And I don't own a bathroom scale anymore.  So whatever weight I've been telling the Red Cross at blood donations has been my weight for the last 3 or 4 years.  :-)  Hmmmm....I suppose it would be good to know the true weight, wouldn't it?

Sections
Shortcuts