UPDATE:

Goal: -30 from starting date
    Starting date: 07/01/2011
    Goal date: 10/01/11
    Pounds lost this week: +1
    Total lost: 0
    Left to go: 30
    Total lost since February 2010: 15

OMG...I'm going backwards.....or upwards instead of downwards!!! 

Please put me on the treadmill of shame and don't let me off until I keel over!!!  I did go back to work with a trainer this week.  Hopefully, I'll get the kick in the butt I need to loose the butt!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Saidwhat. Show Saidwhat's posts

Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread

Dimmy, congrats on a great week!

Ice, I tried one of Jillian Michael's shred workouts last week (found it on Comcast after I had bought the DVD at Target).  It was tough for only being 20 minutes but I loved it!  Now I understand why so many people recommend it as a great workout.  I'm hoping to keep that in the workout arsenal for when I really feel squeezed for time to get a workout in!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from calicokitty. Show calicokitty's posts

I had to share this exersize video I found. I can say for sure that I burned some calories from laughing and it is safe for work.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

***IT'S UPDATE TIME!!!***

Hi kids!  Did you all have a good week?  Looks that way!

Welcome to puppins, calicokitty and the ever-awesome DreadQuetiepie also checked in and informed us she wants to gain 10 by Christmas.  Like I said - we are experts at that. :)

Well!  Our pal Dimmy lost an amazing 5 FREAKING POUNDS this week.  That's like TWENTY STICKS OF BUTTER.

I was so impressed, I went out and found a special "YOU LOST 5 FREAKIN' POUNDS!!!" banana:

you're unbelievable...BOOM! Hey hey! 

I am awarding this week's Banana o' Determination to the feisty NatGing.  Not only did she drop an amazing 2.5 lbs from her already boomin' bod, but she has been working out like a fiend and putting the damn fork down.

You spin me right 'round, baby

Your pal Jneen is -2 this week, but I think that was just me getting back to what my summertime "normal" has been all along after last week's debacle.  I am a bit frustrated because these are usually my "losing" months since I started this whole journey four years ago, then I maintain from October-April.  Grr.  I have to find a way to shake things up.

I think I'm missing someone because I swore I read someone had a 1 lb. loss this week.  Oh, wait!  JTB8773 is doing her best to confuse me by checking in twice in the same week!  -1 for JTB this week!  Woot!

Wizen and Wickey are holding steady.  I call that success.

Icey, Interplanet, sm1231 and CHC all continue to bring it to the gym and to the street on a regular basis.  Well, sm kinda slacked off this week, but we will let her do that, just this once :)  So very awesome.  LWhitt checked in and is considering buying a scale and checking on the Comcast onDemand workout selections.  She is starting to jones for a banana.  I can tell.

Treadmill of Shamers this week are saidwhat and -callie, each with a +1.  Go get 'em next week, kids!  I don't want to have to make you take a go-round two weeks in a row! :)

OK, I think that's everyone.  My official update is as follows:

Goal: -50 from starting date
    Starting date: 08/05/2010
    Goal date: really just want to be healthy
    Pounds lost this week: 2
    Total lost: 15
    Left to go: 35
    Total lost since August 2007: 65

Let's go!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from -Cariokie. Show -Cariokie's posts

Checkin' in after the uodate, but....

Starting date:  1/1/11
    Goal:  -30 from start date
    Pounds lost this week:  .3
    Total lost: 23
    Left to go:  7

Aaaaaargh! I'm either plateauing or am building more muscle, which is good, but frustrating as carp. As positive as I try to stay, I WANT LIPO!!! Those last stubborn areas will be the death of me, but I just found out that I'm going to a cool NYE party. My last bit of incentive will be the hot party dress I'll be buying for the soiree.

Go get'em!!!!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

YAY US!!!!!!!!

So impressed with everyone - way way way to go!!!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sm1231. Show sm1231's posts

I love getting a little shout-out in the weekly update thing, because that makes me kind of want to go bust my butt so that I will have good news to report.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

CHC, it is only Monday.  I'm giving you until Sunday morning to drop that number down to a more reasonable level :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from naturalginger. Show naturalginger's posts

Whoo Hoo to everybody! Love the 'naners from Neener, such motivation!

I have 3 weddings between Labor Day and 9/10/11. I'd like to be 150 by the first one, particularly because they're very 'high school reunion'esque and I'd rather people say "wow, did you see Ginger!?" rather than "WOAH did you see ginger?!" I think I can do it - you kids gotta keep me accountable :)

Also, as someone that notoriously skips breakfast, I've discovered both Kind and Lara bars to be a godsend. They're between 180-220 calories, usually 5 ingredients or less, and the ingredients are dominated by fruit, nuts, honey, and maybe even a kick of chocolate or peanut butter. I used to shy away from these nutrition bars because I was terrified of 200+ calories that come in such a tiny package. Then, going gluten free I didn't think I'd have any options anyways. These are great sources of fruit and nuts and suitable for even the most restricted diets being gluten free and vegetarian (I'm looking at you CHC). After a few mornings of them, I'll confirm that for me they are great at really balancing your blood sugar (I get downright shaky and cranky if I'm not fed in a timely manner), curb your appetite, and as long as you consume enough water with it (this part is apparently the biggest key), can actually be a satisfying meal replacement or pre-gym snack. Try it, you like it!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCorvin. Show MrCorvin's posts

Goal: 330 lbs - Maximum Weight allowed on the Wii Fit Plus
    Starting date: 08/22/2011
    Goal date: None
    Pounds lost this week: 0
    Total lost: 0
    Left to go: 10 lbs
    Total lost since March 2011: 25

I had done something at work, which was a team weightloss challenge. I had gone from 368 to 333. I bought a Wii and a Wii Fit Plus because I was like "psha...3 pounds...I can do that..."

The challenge ended in June...and I couldn't break the 333... Granted it was minimal exercise and changing eating habits....

but my support network broke down due to the challenge being over, and I gained back 10 lbs since then.

So, I'm going to try to push myself to work on losing again, and I have re-recruited my old team to basically do the 3 things i need, guilt trips, making my lunch cause I can't be trusted in the cafeteria, and promise of pain in case I get any type of candy/cookies that I don't need.

Then when I use the Wii Fit, I can have fun when I work out. :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

Hey congrats everyone!!

I was a little bad this weekend so I'll see if that earns me a treadmill of shame by the end of the week. Hopefully not! I still have four days!!

Honestly, I need to stay away from my family. Donuts & Homemade frappes and mac & cheese and prime rib. Give me a break!

Pass the chicken & broccoli, please.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from naturalginger. Show naturalginger's posts

Does anyone have any good 'mask the taste' of Salmon recipes? To me, the fact that I'm asking such a thing is beyond ridiculous, because I don't think a properly cooked piece of good salmon needs more than salt, pepper, lemon juice and olive oil.  However, the manfriend finds the flavor of salmon unpalatable. He likes white fish, and even trout and tuna, but not salmon. I'm trying to think of someway to mask the salmon-y flavor with a marinade without killing the nutrition content or completely bastardizing an amazing filet of ocean candy.

Suggestions? Is LWhitt here?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

Just read your post, natgin.  If The Manfriend (just LOLing at that definition!) likes maple and ginger, perhaps this recipe will work:

http://www.countryliving.com/recipefinder/maple-marinated-roasted-salmon-3423

P.S.  That's for 2-1/4 lbs. of salmon...cut marinade ingredients in half for smaller pieces for you and The Manfriend.

P.P.S.  Remember that some people think that salmon is a "fishy fish" - similar to bluefish and others that have a much stronger taste.  Not everyone likes overly fishy-tasting fish.  He does eat trout and tuna, and trout can definitely be included in the "fishy fish" group, so it's a surprise he doesn't like salmon.

Myself? I only buy wild-caught salmon (if I can ensure I know it was wild-caught), as I love the salmony taste of it.  Farm-raised doesn't have the same flavor.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

NatGin - try this - we love it!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/elis-asian-salmon-recipe/index.html

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCorvin. Show MrCorvin's posts

Are you sure he has had salmon prepared properly?

The reason I asked is that I made Salmon, and didn't know someone hated salmon, until afterwards when they went "You know, I hate Salmon, but if it's supposed to be made like this, it's pretty good..."

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from naturalginger. Show naturalginger's posts

MrCorvin - I can confirm that he's had it prepared properly. I also didn't enjoy salmon until I had it cooked right - medium and moist all the way through, hot, not mushy, not dry, not cold.

This wasn't intended to hijack the weight loss success thread - just looking for some wisdom from the home chef's here!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

natgin, another way I've cooked wild-caught salmon is from Seabear.com, where I had ordered 3 lbs. of wild sockeye Copper River salmon for several years in a row.  Simply some of the most incredible salmon I've ever tasted.  They suggest lightly oiling the fish, putting it on some parchment paper in a baking dish, and sprinkling sea salt and coarse-cracked pepper over it.  Bake in the oven at 300 degrees for 20-25 minutes - *just* until the fish turns opaque.

It was perfect.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

Ginger, are you guys sushi fans?

It's really easy to make spicy salmon rolls at home, and they are very similar to spicy tuna rolls (you said he likes tuna, right?  Or did you mean the canned kind?)

And we love recipes!  There was no hijacking involved here.

Welcome, mrcorvin!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from naturalginger. Show naturalginger's posts

LWhitt, as an Alaska born and Seattle raised native, I've had more than my fair share of access to Copper River, Coho and Alaska King salmon. I'm not an expert in much, but cooking a piece of salmon to perfection is my thing. BUT - i'm completely and totally spoiled with really good fish, and I do have to agree that the stuff from the Market Basket counter isn't quite the same flavor and texture I grew up with, so I can see how the flavor might put someone off.

By cooking a piece to perfection, I mean basting it with olive oil, sprinkling with sea salt and coarse pepper, maybe some dill from the garden or sprinkled with capers, and roasting it to medium rare. Serve with a wedge of lemon.

Trying to alter it with seasonings and marinade are completely foreign to me.

Maybe I just need to get my parents to put me on a monthly shipment plan :)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

Ahh, I had forgotten that you're from there, natgin.  Of course you've had the best salmon in the world.  I'll be honest - I'm not a fan of medium-rare on salmon, but take it out *just* a smidge before it's opaque?  Works for me. 

But as I said earlier - The ManFriend may just not like salmon.

Which just means more for you.  And he won't eat off your plate when you're at a restaurant.  :-)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from naturalginger. Show naturalginger's posts

Lwhitt, you're brilliant. Not having to share food is ALWAYS a bonus :)

I think it's one of those things that I'm hellbent on MAKING him like because I'm convinced it's natures perfect gift to food.

PS - I agree with you on not caring to eat it medium rare, but I'm a picky weirdo that likes to give my salmon a warm resting period outside of the oven. Pull it out at medium rare, cover it with foil, and wrap in a bath towel for 20 minutes while I finish my sides. I find that it sucks up a lot of the juices that cooked out making it extra juicy and tasty. It will finish to a nice flaky, opaque if you capture the heat in.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

OK, works to pull it out at med-rare and let it sit to reabsorb any natural juices while it's covered.  We're definitely on the same page.

I'll be interested to know if he likes it with any marinade you choose.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from daveh7373. Show daveh7373's posts

recipes are nice and this seems to be a very supportive group. Any suggestions on exercising when running/walking is not possible due to knee issues?