The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread

Jneen:  <3  <3  <3

Goal: -10 from new starting date
    Starting date: 07/1/2011
    Goal date: 8/12/11 (5 by then) and 9/30/11 (for the rest)
    Pounds lost this week: 0
    Total lost: 0
    Left to go: 10ish
    Total lost since March 26 2008: 25+
    Total gained back since: about 10  Embarassed

I'm not really sure where I stand, because I need to weigh myself, which I dread -- in fact I dread it so much I never know how much I really lose in total on diet, cuz I always start the diet a week or two before I get brave enough to weigh myself.  Pitiful!  :)

Thanks, Jneen.  Hopefully this will give me the boost/kick in the pants I need to get back on track.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

wow, this thing is more popular than I thought it would be!

Sweet!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

Well, you know Jneen, that KAPOW is a good motivator!

8)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

Um.

I have a lot of work to do after this weekend.

But it was so very worth it. :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yikahs. Show Yikahs's posts

I'm in!!! 

Goal: -30 from starting date
    Starting date: 07/05/2011
    Goal date: 12/31/11
    Pounds lost this week: 0
    Total lost: 0
    Left to go: 30

And I need to run 3x/week so I'll report on that too. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

ok im in

weight 230(as of today)
    Start date: today  07/05/11
    goal: 35
    weight lost so far: 0
    this week: 0
    target date: 08/10/11

goal this week... no budwieser...just water...tea
    ill let cha no next monday

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hollygolitely. Show hollygolitely's posts

I'm with you Jneen - I've already gained 3 just from the weekend....... OY........... I think holiday weekends should be given exceptions.  And Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and the occasional leap year. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from softpatina. Show softpatina's posts

I'm also in :)

Goal: -30 from starting date
    Starting date: 06/30/2011
    Goal date: 01/01/2012
    Pounds lost this week: 2
    Total lost: 2
    Left to go: 28

I'm feeling pretty good about being in control lately and regaining control if I overdo now and then, so this is great timing. I have more then 30 to lose but mentally I do better if I deal with smaller increments.
    I regained 10 this past winter of the original 40 I lost over the last few years...that really bummed me out when I finally weighed myself. I got 4 of it back off again- phew!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Saidwhat. Show Saidwhat's posts

Just wondering if most of you are working out at a gym or are you doing workouts at home.  I have cut back on gym time quite a bit lately because I was getting bored but need something to take it's place.  Any ideas?
    Thanks!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Goal: -100 from starting date
    Starting date: 06/10/2011
    Goal date: 06/10/2012
    Pounds lost this week: 1
    Total lost: 5
    Left to go: 95

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from captainfriday. Show captainfriday's posts

Don't mind me, I just like hanging around here.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

Cap'n:  Are you cheering or jeering?

8)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from -Cariokie. Show -Cariokie's posts

In Response to Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread:
    [QUOTE]Just wondering if most of you are working out at a gym or are you doing workouts at home.  I have cut back on gym time quite a bit lately because I was getting bored but need something to take it's place.  Any ideas? Thanks!!
    Posted by SaidWhat

The key is finding somthing that you DO like to alternate with the gym.... swimming, biking, walking, yoga? I do core exercises at home sometimes on a mat...pelvic thrusts and knee crunches on your back in increasing reps, multiple sets.

The gym is great if you have a workout buddy, but a trainer will help you mix things up so you won't get bored and hold you accountable , too.

I'm rooting for you and all of us hereSmile

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from justcat. Show justcat's posts

I'm a slug but I always feel better when I go to the gym.  I can no longer run because of my knees but I can do sprints:  30 seconds of 5.5-6.3 MPH and then 90 seconds walking at about 3 MPH - I do that about 7-10x.  Then a whole lotta mostly floor exercises and weights that I got from my personal training sessions last year.  And then yoga once a week with some yoga stretches during the week.  That's on a good week.  I have more motivation to look a little sleeker these days :)

so thanks for kicking my butt!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WickedMcCool. Show WickedMcCool's posts

In Response to Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread:
    Just wondering if most of you are working out at a gym or are you doing workouts at home.  I have cut back on gym time quite a bit lately because I was getting bored but need something to take it's place.  Any ideas? Thanks!!
    Posted by Saidwhat

This time of year is so awesome for getting some exercise!!  You don't have to be stuck in a gym, in fact I have to force myself to go this time of year.  You can walk anywhere and everywhere, just wear good supportive walking sneakers.  You can ride a bicycle lots of places and you don't have to spend a lot to buy a recreational bike.  You can also rent bicycles tons of places including downtown Boston.  Find someone to play an outdoor game - croquet, badminton, bean bag toss, golf (even just hitting a bucket of balls).  Of course there are more intense choices like roller-blading and tennis.  This time of year, there is my favorite - swimming - in a pool, pond, lake, river, or the ocean.  I like to kayak and there's a new sport called paddle-boarding that looks fun, too.  And finally, you can do yoga anywhere, anyplace, anytime!!  Just move that bod!!  Oh yeah, another favorite - dancing - in my living room, a club, wherever!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kind-of-Irritating-Lady. Show Kind-of-Irritating-Lady's posts

You guys are pretty awesome!  I'm very interested to find out where all your butts went, as well.  Let me know on that one.

I'm not dedicated enough to keep track of these things, but in a very distant past, I was about 75lbs. heavier than I am now.  Still going, but slowed down after I had to take a hiatus from hockey for the summer.  I'd say I have 25/30 to go.  We'll see how it goes.

Keep up the great work everyone!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from naturalginger. Show naturalginger's posts

Oooohhh can I play? Can I play?

Current Weight: 159
    Goal Weight: 135
    Lost since March 2011: -9
    Progess this week: +2 (f'ing america and her birthday celebrations)

Last week I got back into the pool as the first workouts since being broken, and it felt great. I've been told running (my favorite!) is off the table until Jan 2012, so it's time to get creative with the low-moderate impact options.

The gluten-free diet is actually backfiring because the minute someone told me "no wheat (et al)" it has become this scavenger hunt to find every carb that's celiacs friendly.  I need to step AWAY from the chips, choco-covered glutino pretzles, wine, and potatos.

I'm thinking of taking on a 30 day Power or Bikram yoga challenge to recalibrate... mentallty and physically. Anyone done this? Have a favorite studio in the Brighton/Brookline/Allston area?

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wizen. Show wizen's posts

When I go to the gym I alternate cardio and weights. 
    Now that the weather is warmer, I've been substituting activities like gardening and walking for gym visits.  I also have a bike I need to get tuned up - and now that I've published that on the internet I REALLY have to do it!!!

Also, packing a lunch and increasing fruits and veggies and water intake has helped a lot!  Quick takeout lunches are a killer. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hollygolitely. Show hollygolitely's posts

Choppy wrote: You guys are pretty awesome!  I'm very interested to find out where all your butts went, as well.  Let me know on that one.

Oh honey, I KNOW where mine is.  Trouble is so does everyone else!  I think the thread should be changed to "where hasn't my butt gone"............

I know we get discouraged when we gain a few or aren't as disciplined in food or exercise as we all want to be but all we can do is try and not beat ourselves up on the days we aren't as good as we would like to be and get up and try again! 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

You all are awesome. I admire your persistence, your interest in wellness, and your desire to treat yourselves well and be happy.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Saidwhat. Show Saidwhat's posts

Thanks for the suggestions.  I have actually started to take an adult swim lesson.  Can swim, but not good enough for it to really count as exercise YET! Now if I could stop drinking the yucky pool water I'd be making progress.  I've also started logging my food and exercise on this site.  I like it since it holds me accountable.  It makes me much more aware of what I'm eating.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/

Sections
Shortcuts